• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

⫸STICKY⫷ Marquis/Mecke/Mandellin results for stim/empathogen/2C-X, RC's & more

I forgot about that link. Thank you, Poelster, that was very helpful. Yes, the two batches that tested the same looked just like that.
Is there a page like that for Mecke or Mandelin? I didn't see any links on that page.

There is a Dutch Mecke page and extra results on the Dutch Marquis page, but no Mandelin. :(

I just thought of something, though: the batch testing differently was supposedly HBr, I'm not sure if the other two might have been HCl. I'll have to double check. Could that change the results so drastically? And looking over those results, the first batch turned a color that strongly resembles that for 2-Meo-Ketamine. Unfortunately, I don't have a batch of that to test against, but I do think I'll run another test on that first batch next week anyway, just to confirm that it wasn't a fluke. And I'll see if I can get some better lighting or a better camera.

I've been meaning to look into that.. Now I think I will! I know the first step of the Scott test doesn't properly detect the base form of cocaine, so they added extra steps and now it can be used to distinguish crack from cocaine in addition to forensic confirmation. The real question is whether different salts react differently and how differently. Hopefully since HCl and HBr are pretty similar, their reactions will be too. Gosh that would make reagent test so much more difficult!

So I recently tested supposed lsd blotter on ehrlich and marquis. With the first ehrlich test I don't think I used enough blotter or didn't wait long enough as there were no reaction after a few minutes so I tossed it out. I reran the ehrlich with a larger sample and nothing after a minute or two, so i left it and moved onto the marquis. The marquis results were a very slow reaction from yellowish orange to orange eventually. Now this is confusing as hell because my color chart indicates dark olive for lsd.
Thinking I got sold something else I went back to check the erlichs again and low and behold it was bright pinkish purple, getting darker purple! So after some research it looks like lsd will also turn orange with marquis? If that's true that's extremely confusing lol! But I feel pretty confident that the sample was actually lsd with the ehrlich results despite the weird marquis results, any thoughts or experiences?

Very helpful. However, how do you know for sure those are all the chemicals u think that they are. Are you a chemist? Work in a testing lab?

All the substances have been verified by GC/MS in a forensic laboratory.

Pentylone

Mecke: vivid yellow
cobalt thiocyanate test: pink with some blue dots

Ethylone

Mecke: dirty yellow - greenish
CTT: pink - blue spots

4-MEC

Mecke: no reaction
CTT: blue-purple

3-FMC

CTT: pink-reddish

5-EAPB

Mecke: strong black
CTT: light blue

MPA

Mecke: dark brown - olive
CTT: pink

Pentedrone

CTT: light pink

2C-C

Mecke: dirty yellow - biege

Ethcathinone

4-FA

5-APB

Mecke: black
CTT: pink - green spots

3-MMC

2C-D

Mecke: dark olive

bk-MDMA (methylone)

Mecke: yellow

2-FA

2-DPMD

5-MAPB

Mecke: dark?
CTT: pink/blueish

a-PVP

CTT: blue

Ethylphenidate

CTT: blue / brown

6-APB

Mecke: gray / black
CTT: light pink / reddish​

Last edited:
Marquis reaction for the following: (i don't have the gc/ms yet)

5-APB-NBOME
gallery_10057_251_23393.jpg

Marquis: wine red / red wine - really nice color

bk-MMDA2

(beta ketone version of MMDA-2)

gallery_10057_251_16733.jpg

Marquis: golden / vivid yellow

MDPV

gallery_10057_251_31280.jpg

Marquis: yellow

To add some useful tips i found out when testing all these substances:

- State and age of the reagent is very important. Reagents have an expiration date. They must be kept in a fridge and even then they last only a couple of months. Usually you can tell that it has gone bad by the change of color. Fresh pure marquis is always colorless. If it is turning brown it means it has polimerised and has gone bad. You can get false results, especially if testing substances that don't give a color reaction.

- The amount of the sample tested is also important. The more of the sample, more intense is the color. This can in some cases lead to different color. Example: a tiny amount of substance X reacts yellow. If you add a bigger chunk it may react so hard that it kind of saturates the area and the color can turn beige/brown. So you can try reacting 2 different amounts.

- If you are reacting a substance which doesn't give a color reaction and that sample contains impurities (they can also be colorless) the impurities itself may give off a false reaction.

Example: slightly yellow colored lab verified 4-FA crystal turns yellow with marquis. Pure 4-FA doesnt give a color reaction. So you see where this is going.

Reagents are useful but can be a bit tricky and unpredictable Hope this helps!

So I recently tested supposed lsd blotter on ehrlich and marquis. With the first ehrlich test I don't think I used enough blotter or didn't wait long enough as there were no reaction after a few minutes so I tossed it out. I reran the ehrlich with a larger sample and nothing after a minute or two, so i left it and moved onto the marquis. The marquis results were a very slow reaction from yellowish orange to orange eventually. Now this is confusing as hell because my color chart indicates dark olive for lsd.
Thinking I got sold something else I went back to check the erlichs again and low and behold it was bright pinkish purple, getting darker purple! So after some research it looks like lsd will also turn orange with marquis? If that's true that's extremely confusing lol! But I feel pretty confident that the sample was actually lsd with the ehrlich results despite the weird marquis results, any thoughts or experiences?

I'm fairly sure I've read ehrlich won't work for tabs.(I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong).
Something to do with the amount of active ingredient on them being so small or impurities on the paper.
So you'd need a microdot(I don't come across many of them these days, you might be luckier than me), or have some powder/crystal lsd (and if you did you wouldn't be talking about it on here). :)

As I said I could be completely wrong about testing tabs.
If I am wrong would al-lad test positive? It is an ergotine, pretty sure that's not the right word or spelling.(I'm sure that someone will correct me pls). I might go and test my al-lad tabs anyway.

P.L.U.R.

That's what I was looking for.
I've got some 6-apdb, but I think my vendor has cut it slightly with talc or some really fine white powder that is inactive, would that effect the results?
I've got a fresh testing kit, so I'll pop the results up soonish.

P.L.U.R.

Oh yeah this is one of the most useful threads on here and does reduce harm. IMHO

Big thumbs up to the OP and anyone who has contributed to it.

Your 4-AcO-DMT looks accurate. But everything is generally brown with those tryps.

About testing blotters with reagents. It's usually not very accurate, meaning that paper itself can react (try adding a drop on a paper towel) and also the ink can react and so on.

@lolwhatdrugs

How much of the sample have you reacted? Judging by the intense color you'we put quite a big chung in there? Also i noticed your marquis is quite brown. Do you get consistent results with other substances?

About testing blotters with reagents. It's usually not very accurate, meaning that paper itself can react (try adding a drop on a paper towel) and also the ink can react and so on.

@lolwhatdrugs

How much of the sample have you reacted? Judging by the intense color you'we put quite a big chung in there? Also i noticed your marquis is quite brown. Do you get consistent results with other substances?

This is really my first reagent testing, so no other substances. I'll get back to you.

@lolwhatdrugs

I missed your first question, I would estimate the sample sizes of about 15-20 mg in each divider as well as 2-3 drops of reagent.

On these ecstasy data pictures ( http://www.ecstasydata.org/images/display/2000/2811_master_4-acetoxy-dmt_detail1_big.jpg ) is the right three divets the controls? It would seem my reagents are far too colorful. Their marquis is almost clear, mine has a orangey tint, their mecke is almost clear and mine brownish, and their mandelin is yellow, mine is yellow-orange though probably the closest to theirs - that is if the right dish is the control. If I test anything else I'll have to calibrate my monitor and take a picture of a crayola box or something in the same light to calibrate the white balance in case that's off.

15-20mg is waay to much from my experience. this is surely a decent pile. 1 drop and mg or 2-3 would suffice for this, cause instead you get very intensive colours that can sometimes saturate the area and create a bit of a different color (example yellow->orange, orange->red)

About the reagents.. Marquis is on the edge.. if it get's a bit more brown it could give you false results (or not) but better safe than sorry, if you can get fresh ones than do so!) Mandelin i saw yellowy green from EZ but we are making our own ATM and will post back on what the color is. And i currently have no idea about what mecke should look like. Do you keep them in the fridge? Usually ours last around 3-6 months.

15-20mg is waay to much from my experience. this is surely a decent pile. 1 drop and mg or 2-3 would suffice for this, cause instead you get very intensive colours that can sometimes saturate the area and create a bit of a different color (example yellow->orange, orange->red)

About the reagents.. Marquis is on the edge.. if it get's a bit more brown it could give you false results (or not) but better safe than sorry, if you can get fresh ones than do so!) Mandelin i saw yellowy green from EZ but we are making our own ATM and will post back on what the color is. And i currently have no idea about what mecke should look like. Do you keep them in the fridge? Usually ours last around 3-6 months.

No not in the fridge. I bought it on ebay.

How reliably can you determine whether a sample is an nbome like 25i or 25c (etc) or is DOC? If you order DOC can you be certain it's not an nbome with the marquis and mandelin?