• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What makes meth turn black

where do you live?
here in pa if your a regular user or a person who has used it many times has ran into something like this usually being cut with caffeine will make it turn black and theres a batch of that shit going around here and many other places close. Im really happy i didn't stick with that shit.

its pretty pricey round here but rather easy but really dangerous to make yourself. I had a close buddy who got hooked on the ice thought it was easy to make went well for awhile 2 weeks? then blew himself apart.. one little mistake is all it takes, and getting that call from a parent telling you one of your bestfriends just killed himself cookin' is horrid. stay safe none the less.

is that what it is it tasted bitter thats why i always taste it but didnt this time it was bitter as hell numbed my teeth and turned brown as hell made it a bitch to clean pipe...what the hell is this shit...need to know can you recook it...dont want to take back and get my ass handed to me

I cleaned my pipe tried again did same thing like a carmel looking brown shit....thought i got pc tobacco in it but that wasnt case just need answers????

I cleaned my pipe tried again did same thing like a carmel looking brown shit....thought i got pc tobacco in it but that wasnt case just need answers????

Probably ephedrine, which burns and browns (goes a very red-brown colour) very easily. Another thing to consider is that you're getting it too hot and just oxidizing it, but it's probably the first answer if you know what you're doing.

Do you have experience smoking meth? This is pretty normal if you put a lot in the pipe, and then use too much heat, it'll happen a lot if you are sharing and some dickhead is trying to smoke the whole bowl in one hit and keeps the lighter on it. You want to heat it up just to the point of vaporization then keep rolling it back and forth, only re-introducing the flame intermittently to keep the temperature in the sweet spot, if you keep the flame on it after vaporization begins it will turn black, instead of just brown and oily.

Meth is a lot less cut than paranoid speed freaks make it out to be, especially if you are getting it in nice big shards. It might not be walter white pure, but people REALLY overestimate how much meth is getting cut because you can't just re-rock it like heroin or coke, and it's already dirt cheap, you'd need something that looks like shards in the first place, now if you are getting a bag with a bunch of powder in it or obviously has differently textured substances in it, then don't buy it...but other than people trying to pass off some bunk, like MSM or rock salt, in my experience meth is usually meth although you would never believe that if listened to spun out dopeheads. In the rare case that you do run into something stepped on, not just straight bunk, most cuts won't liquify and vape right, they will char instead of melt, and even if they don't char then you won't be blowing thick clouds or the taste will be wrong.

Since you mention cleaning the pipe, trying again, and it looking like caramel, that sounds about right, maybe more amber than caramel and still translucent, the more you overapply the heat the darker it will turn and if you are putting a lot in the pipe and re-heating it over and over its just more chance to overheat it.

Another thing you can do, is right after you load up a bowl before you start to actually inhale it melt it down with light heat and spread it out, this will prime it for smoking as to avoid having a bare spot of glass getting too hot and then your melted meth running into that bare spot and immediately overheating.

Last edited:
Smoking meth actually causes "Destructive distillation" I believe, since it exists,or since your also sucking air through a hot chemical that can be oxidized it is most likely oxidation of something like red phosphorus, or something thats not the meth, as meth is supposed to be silver or gold looking.

I don't think there is much(read: any) r.p. left in decent meth nowadays, I can't speak to ephedrine; I would think you would have trouble crystallizing anything too impure and these aren't cuts added to meth...to get to my point, it is a phenomenon that occurs in even the purest of street meth. Whether the color is being affected by minor impurities found in quality product is rather irrelevant.

We aren't talking about biker crank here, but nice big glassy shards. And I can attest that, even after washing and re-crystallizing what was already good product, if your smoking technique isn't up to snuff or you apply too much heat it will significantly darken in the pipe, going from honey-colored, to amber, to used motor oil with each successive hit possibly leaving black stains on the pipe and it has nothing to do with cuts.