• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Any fun to be had with co-codamol

Xamkou

Bluelighter
Any fun to be had with co-codamol (30mg Codeine)

500mg tabs, any fun to be had?

"each tablet contains Codeine Phosphate Hemihydrate 30mg and Paracetamol 500mg"

Last edited:
Well you can have some fun with them if you want to do a cold water extraction on them. You can get high off the codeine but the pills have such a high amount of acetaminophen/paracetamol in them that taking anymore then 5 or 6 in one go or 8 in 24 hours is not safe for you since high doses of APAP at once or moderate doses over time can cause liver damage.

What is your opiate tolerance like? I can get a kinda high off codeine and it's good to hold you when your dopesick and have nothing else but too much codeine will make me remove a layer of skin it makes me so itchy.

So yes co-codamol is recreational since it has codeine in it but you have to to a CWE on them if you plan on taking anymore then say 5 at once or 8 in 24 hours. If you have no tolerance or no experience with codeine start the dose low as codeine can cause allergic reactions in some people.

I would say codeine is not recreational at all - just a dull pain killer. DHC is a little bit better but still not good.

I would say codeine is not recreational at all - just a dull pain killer. DHC is a little bit better but still not good.

It depends on the person some people find codeine recreational some don't. Before i had a opiate tolerance i found it to be euphoric. As far as a know DHC isint available in canada so ive never had the chance to try it. Maybe some day is i go to the UK :\

If you have no opiate tolerance they could be fun. Here we get 30/500 Co-codamol tablets - when I first took any psychoactive pharms I took three of them, totaling to 90mg codeine. I was pretty zonked.

Nowadays I dose around 270-330mg. If you have no opiate tolerance they should give you decent euphoria, a bit of nodding and some nice bodily warmth and relaxation for 2-4 hours, not much longer. At higher doses it is very itchy.

But do the CWE and see what happens! If you've got pills to spare, eat one pill first, to check for allergic reactions. After that, do the cold water extraction with AT LEAST 5 pills - hardly ever have I heard of notable recreational effects under 150mg.

I've done codeine a few times and oxy a few times. The euphoria from codeine is mild. After dosing a few times over a short amount of time I found that its euphoric and "nodding" effect had all but gone. Very weak stuff. I have no opiate tolerance. Also, the nausea I got from it was nasty, whereas oxy didn't make me nauseous at all. That said, I still find it provides more euphoria than any benzo I've tried, and of course, it's more euphoric than pot. (Weed is in no way euphoric to me.)

Oh, as for the starting dose, try 60mg to ensure you have a nasty histamine reaction. If there is no adverse reaction, try 180mg as a starting dose. (Don't worry about the 3 grams of APAP. If it's a one-off event and assuming your liver is of normal health, 3 grams of it won't send you to a ER.)

I've done codeine a few times and oxy a few times. The euphoria from codeine is mild. After dosing a few times over a short amount of time I found that its euphoric and "nodding" effect had all but gone. Very weak stuff. I have no opiate tolerance. Also, the nausea I got from it was nasty, whereas oxy didn't make me nauseous at all. That said, I still find it provides more euphoria than any benzo I've tried, and of course, it's more euphoric than pot. (Weed is in no way euphoric to me.)

Oh, as for the starting dose, try 60mg to ensure you have a nasty histamine reaction. If there is no adverse reaction, try 180mg as a starting dose. (Don't worry about the 3 grams of APAP. If it's a one-off event and assuming your liver is of normal health, 3 grams of it won't send you to a ER.)
But why take the risk when a CWE requires about 10 brain cells and about the same number of minutes?

But why take the risk when a CWE requires about 10 brain cells and about the same number of minutes?
Reread what I wrote; ASSUMING one's liver is healthy, a one-off dose of 3 grams APAP WILL DEFINITELY NOT adversely affect one's liver. There is NO RISK. Nobody with a functioning liver has been hospitalised after ingesting 3 grams of APAP in one go.

Moreover, a CWE loses yield. I personally would not do a CWE unless I'm consuming a substance daily which has over 4 grams APAP. Shit, in my reckless days when I knew nothing of APAP toxicity I gobbled 6 grams in one sitting on several occasions and it didn't have a detrimental effect, aside from making me feel somewhat ill the following night and day after. (NOTE: In no way am I saying, "Man, it's okay to eat 6 grams APAP at once."; always perform a CWE with such amounts.)