EMD PsyTrance Discussion ver. Carn mates, get your doof on!

I quite liked that track he posted. It has all the psychedelia and glitchy i enjoy. I'm guessing you're not a fan of the rolling bass or lack of uplifting sounds?

^nice

I miss me some good ol full on

I adore Modified, it was one of the first psy trance tracks I loved. When I first bought my decks but there was a lack of stuff I could find that I would play, the Zen Mechanics (Holy Cities) and Flip Flop albums really helped carry me through.

Is this like prog and/or full on psytrance? I was into the DZP label before I lost interest in this modern sound here.

Or DZP might just be a YouTube channel actually. Anyways it is definitely modern psytrance and whatever else you can say about it is beyond my taste now. But hate the player not the synth I guess.

Not prog, but certainly some kind of sub-genre of full on. Kind of the darker stuff... maybe more of a nighttime sound?

Last edited:
OZORA Festival : Socal

One of the World's biggest psytrance promoters/party throwers is bringing their festival to CA. Anybody that likes festivals or psytrance should absolutely not miss out on this. One of the biggest developments for the American festival scene in a decade plus.

https://www.facebook.com/events/321923285103790/

Found so much good psy trance today. That relentless pound, it just resonates right through me. The leads on this are gorgeous.

I absolutely adore this kind of blend of dark and light.

Dust - Quat' Fois La Lune

techno vs psy

showing that its better

isnt a competition its just music but.. everything was inspired by it

techno vs psy

showing that its better

isnt a competition its just music but.. everything was inspired by it

Just because something came first, it doesn't show that it's better. It just echoes the circumstances of the time; which were quite simply that that the technology and ideas were more simple.

There is a lot of good techno about these days, but I've watched an entire scene ditch itself over the matter of a few months in the early-mid 2000's i.e tribal, hard techno in favour of minimal. Harder techno was mostly entirely shunned until people eventually got bored of the tech house craze a few years back. I love techno but it's part of a wider, more fickle scene which leaves a sour taste in my mouth. It's completely lost the alternative vibe in favour of being trendy. It lost the hippies in place of house kids.

I think that there was this tribal vibe that was created when psychedelics, MDMA, techno and house took over the world, but unfortunately techno and house dropped the psychedelics, and lost a special kind of hedonism. IMO techno is a shadow of what it was meant to be, or was, and therefore loses points. It's lost that sense of tribe and letting go.

I don't think there is any doubt that psy trance is the genre that is keeping that vibe & spirit alive, and providing an opportunity to experience a type of psychedelic hedonism that seems to have been completely lost within and isn't even really known about in other forms of electronic music.

isnt a competition

"isn't a competition but...."

Last edited:
I've always wanted to go but I think it'd be too overwhelmed with the amount of people. If i had a chance I'd go but it'd prefer a smaller more and more intimate event

I hope they don't fuck it up and haven't just loaned the brand, or had it stolen. I can't say that location looks very ozora like after a quick google, but could be wrong.

Lunatica - Chase the Spark

Fuck me those driving leads at 1.39 are exactly why I listen to psychedelic trance.

I?m excited for ozora in Cali!!! Right now I can?t stop listening to ajja!!!!!!! His ozora 2018 set on SoundCloud is da bom

I'm keeping my hopes up but I wouldn't buy a ticket yet. Let's not forget what happened with sacred valley last year. Let's hope it's not the same promoters.