EMD PsyTrance Discussion ver. Carn mates, get your doof on!

We need to revive this thread, and the whole Electronic Music section. I'll post a few tracks here, ranging from quite dark to progressive to goa'ish. Please discuss. Comment. Listen and enjoy but please give some feedback. This thread is going to die otherwards, disappearing in the bit space among some random threads on page 17. We don't want that. We need Psychedelic Trance to heal us, make us happy, trippy, energetic, meditative, spiritual and joyful. Psytrance is not just music. It is a journey for our ears and soul. Please keep this thread active by commenting and discussing. We all have a different taste in Psy and that's completely natural, as the genre is so broad and there are so many sub-genres. Of course the scene stays alive regardless of a thread on an internet forum is active or not, but that's not the point. Not only this thread but the whole Electronic Music section has demised to a level that is strangely inactive.

I have BTW pre-ordered the new Shpongle albu, the limited edition CD. According to Bandcamp it ships on the 23rd of October. I think quite many are eagerly waiting for the official release of Codex VI.

Anyways, I usually post tracks from Sangoma Records (my favourite label) or Braincell (my favourite producer), but this time I'll post some brand new tracks from more unknown artists that deserve recognition, ranging from moderately dark to progressive to New School Goa. These are all from different albums or compilations, and if you like it, buy it. Support the artists. I'll put the link to where you can by them with every track. Some were so new/rare that they weren't found on Youtube and I had to upload them. I on purpose chose artists that are not so well known; I've already posted quite a few tracks from Braincell in this tread.

So here we go. The most important thing is not even if you like the track or not, the most important thing is that Psytrance is alive and kicking and we should support the artists, the movement, and the whole philosophy behind Psytrance; it is a continuation of the Hippy movement in the 60's. Obviously in a completely different form, but the concept is in many was (not all) the same.

Phase - Interfences

https://spontaneous-aerobics.bandcamp.com/

Desert Dwellers - View From Lanikaea (Hujaboy Remix)

https://www.beatport.com/release/goa-session-by-zen
https://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/yse/yse2cd397.html

Last edited:
Atacama - Clouds

https://www.beatport.com/release/healing-lights-5/2028239

Lucid Mantra - Other Worlds

https://spacebabyrecords.bandcamp.com/album/how-the-sea-was-made

There's great Psytrance produced now so there's no reason to keep this thread so quiet; if you like Dark, Progressive, Full on, Suomisaundi, Goa, Minimal or or whatever. Each to their own. As I said I'm a huge fan of Sangoma records and basically all tracks by Braincell and Psilocybian. But there are tons of new producers ranging everywhere from Mexico to Greece that need recognition, so the music is alive. That's why we need to keep this thread alive too. It has ben far too quiet for a long time. Where are you all Psy heads?

Last edited:
I agree, it is very special, and I love it, so let's get the thread going again, even if it's just us two discussing it.

Quality tunes. I love the Desert Dwellers remix; it's good to hear that kind of bass pattern, I hadn't heard it in a while since the tripple, then double then single sort of offbeat basslines took hold of progressive psy.

And wow, that sound that comes in at 1.46 on the Lucid Mantra tune is fucking absolutely incredible. A very deeply atmospheric, beautiful and psychedelic sound. Like taking DMT at an orchestra. It's sounds like that which make psy trance for me. Very much up my street, best tune I've heard in ages in fact - I hadn't heard of this guy.

I haven't really looked for any tunes since I posted in this thread, but I have been today. Who are you digging from the 140bpm+ side of things?

I'll post up whatever I find tonight. Digging this so far:

Loving this. Pounding punchy bass, tripped out driving vocals and psy trance FX. Those driving sounds going on at 5.34 are just 100% pure unadulterated trance to me. That right there is exactly why I listen to psy trance.

Ajja & Outsiders - Divine Particles

and this, which somebody just recommended to me. From 2015 I believe:

Nukleall, Holon - Gasoleo

Last edited:
I'm quite puristic about Psytrance. 150+ BMP is too much for me. Nowadays Dark Psy is mostly too fast, the BPM's are insane. Take Kindzadza e.g. He produced great music 10 years ago, but nowadays I don't consider hes music to be Psytrance anymore, it's some kind of High-NRG-Psy or whatever. Psy, yes, but the Trance is missing. For me, Psytrance is not some 160+BPM. But that's just my opinion and I'm a bit old school in that sense.

The Dark Psy that was produced about 10-12 years ago is my favourite Dark Psy. The best Dark Psy album ever is Para Halu - The World of Peace. A completely unique dark sound, twisty,
gnarly, deeply psychedelic and almost nutty in a positive sense. I'ts on my all time top 10 albums and it's not easy to reach that list.

This track is actually a bit too fast for me BPM-wise, I usually lower the BPM's with my Pioneer. But listen to the effects, the gnarling, twisting, swirling sounds in the track. I'ts actually quite hypnotic, and the gnarling sounds in the end are just pure gold. A very unique track. Dark, twisted and hits like a ton of bricks. Or, at least, ithe sound was original back in 2005 when the album was released, so it's as 12 year old track.

Last edited:
Sorry Tranced, I've been so busy I haven't had time to comment your tracks, I will soon.

Anyway, I'll go he easy way here. I simply cannot get enough of Braincell and Psilocybian. My two favourite producers at the moment. So what could be better than a collaboration between the two?

The first track is from 2013, from Psilocybian's album Dreamtime.

This is a brand new collaboration between the two. The energy, psychedelia, weirdness and enegery is pure bliss, and the melody in the end of the track is mesmerising, pure psychedelia.

Last edited:
Oh damn, I've forgot this gem.

Tranced, what do you think about this track? Or you others, it's pure psychedelia and quite twisted too. Quite unique, and anything but generic. Especially the latter part of the track is just wonderfully twisted. It has so many "phases".

Last edited:
Cyanoide, I'll give you a proper PM later, but do you have you got anything offerings from the last couple of years that are trancey in the 140-150 bpm range? I don't mean trancey as in ridiculously overtly melodic/cheesy. But something with at least a hint of melody/uplift, even if it's just some gated vocals or sparsely populated melodies. People like braincell fit the bill, but not always.

^Heh, I just came post a tune and it really goes well with the tune at 2 minutes (which I skipped straight to just after playing). They'd mix nicely (assuming bpm was the same, yours might be substantially slower).

This is the tune, really hate the name though. Come on man, molest?

I think staroceanhouse posted a video of this earlier in the thread?

Very fast, and my limit is usually around the mid-late 150 bpm's, but hearing such trancey music I can appreciate it way upwards of that.

Last edited:
I like their logo, sounds vaguely unique/creative.

The website of his own seems to be missing now.

Many thumbs up to neelix, despite i occasionally listen to progressive.

psy samples
So glad that u brought it up. As an amateur producer, I use softwares such as Reason, Cubase and Adobe Audition to produce (psy)trance tracks, but i'd like to know if there is a better software to be used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I meant post up some tunes! If you click the "insert video" button, and paste in the youtube url, it will embed the video in your post. btw I merged some of your posts; it makes the thread a bit easier to read. :)

My thanks, u may not believe but HONESTLY the video icon has been disappeared for unknown reasons, have any idea how to fix it up?

My thanks, u may not believe but HONESTLY the video icon has been disappeared for unknown reasons, have any idea how to fix it up?

Yip, it's a problem with the https on firefox and easily resolved using this method.

Alternatively you can manually embed the links using:

[video]youtube link here[/video]