EMD PsyTrance Discussion ver. Carn mates, get your doof on!

I do love electric universe, all is forgiven.
I'm just surprised your interested in psy now. When I did my degree in audio engineering I used to blast this shizz out all over america, nobody was interested.
However I got a flavor for hip-hop and drum and bass.
Please don't adhere to any genre.
I'm listening and will always listen.
It's very 'dragonfly'and 'ott'

Last edited:
it's an oldie but a goodie, transwave cycles of life:

koxbox - fuel on.
save the best til last:
sorry wrong mix :)

Last edited:

If anyone can find eat static, banco de gaia or children of the bong from the John Peel sessions I'd love to hear them again.
Raid the larder.
Just a heads up; I've never played guitar hero before, but last months sound on sound mentioned the latest version came with a half decent midi guitar. Sweet.
39 pounds nighty nine.
This Casio looks sweet.
1218315849_5b5784b61f_o.jpg

The Parker retro-fit was always golden.
parkermidifly1.gif

Last edited:
YES BRO. I have been listening to Transwave while cycling lately, fuels me so hard for a 30-40 mile ride. I just rode at blitz pace around an island the other day listening to their album Phototropic. So invigorating.
Thanks for posting Phototropic is massively progressive back to back, Helium is good also but it's more like a lengthy EP.
Trashish is okay.
Any remix of the Rezwalker.

Progressive is where its' at... a build up to something.

Why don't you like Eat Static?

Last edited:
Mindfield and Cosmosis - psycho problem.
Interesting.
Gez is the best :)

it's not actually too bad.
Cass And Slide Rework Astral Projection Liquid Sun.

Last edited:
^ nice.

here's a picture of lee burridge and cass cutbush spinning records in my living room in san francisco a few years ago.

leeandcass.jpg

:)

alasdair

Who doesn't like Eat Static?!?

?!
Why don't you like Eat Static?

Who doesnt like Eat Static?! Shame on them...

Dope and creatively themed remix:

'Inspired by the early Dr Who Series The Zarbi were an insectoid species native to Vortis. When the Third Doctor was attacked by the Kell.

This is a rare Eat Static Track recorded especially to coincide with their Interview in Future Music Magazine back in 1994 Hard to believe this track is 17 years old Pure class full permission to put this up from Merv Pepler Enjoy the video.........'

Hyperspace Recon, in honesty I've been thinking about this track all day. I call it the match-stick track. I first heard it on john peel.
Kudos to you, I can do one better though; if you haven't already heard it...
Eat Static - Kothluwalawa
It's like the jungle came to life and 'they' made a track of it....
Sorry it's not really fitting for this thread but it is raw and earthy :)

Cosmosis is a golden given, it's all good. The Terence Mckenna quotes I could do without; in all due respect I'd rather read his books. I'll be crucified for that.

Last edited:
Future Music Magazine
I think eat static quoted in a later interview that they had inspiration from everywhere especially in the touring bus toilet.... What a place to get inspiration form!
In all honesty I lost interest in eat static after this track, even this one was quirky though, like survivors but not so much:

how does it compare to this?
Eat static - Implant

Last edited:
Any inspiration would be nice :)
Sorry you have to hit da choob to get the full album.
Listening now to koxbox point of no return (ionizer remix)

I'll post this one coz I know most folks will adhere, it's not my fav though; but worth a listen.

It's too slinky wizard for me, but production is brutal :)

Last edited:
Just to say in my opinion.
The best tracks are the most minimal. A bass, A mid-range and a treble; throw some sample's on top; why not?
Less is more. It certainly goes against the OP.
It's really tempting to put on layer upon layer, however, all the old cliché goes.... Keep it simple stupid!
A case in point:

I've been listening to Astrix all day; still trying to find the moment remix.
I think I've found it; everyone will hate it; the last 1/3'rd is the best.

Last edited:
Can anyone turn me on to Doof? I just don't get it. It's layer upon layer.
Eat static have a real drummer at the helm. Boom boom boom doesn't really cut it.

eat my own words.