EMD PsyTrance Discussion ver. Carn mates, get your doof on!

tweakyb:

Great stuff, PIP! Cant wait to hear the 2.5 hours

uh-oh, i didnt think anyone would want to try and make it through that.! haha - i cant do that at this time, my soundCloud doesnt have the credit, and i havent figured out how to load audio+visual to YouTube yet.

i will begin another Psy UL, though.

thank you so much for listening and, responding so honestly, very motivating, and i have many DnB/House and Psy mixes..!

in the meantime to build anticipation and spirit, check out dj303 ;-) and this Saafi Brother track...
Saafi Brothers - Under the Sun
which would go freaking perfectly with Come to Me (Original Mix) - Holden & Thompson
~~~
Psysex - Come in peace
33Hz, is secretly and unwittingly every Females favorite sound freQuency....
;-)

Last edited:
Sorry, this track is too hot for us!

Oh, damn! We couldn't create the waveform for your track. We're checking it right now and will try to fix it asap!
Sound Cloud

... what a load of crap ...
my other Goa/Psy stuff is on MiniDisk, and the 2-way male cables i have are all fried out.
ill figure something out

So are you not a fan of what's being released from zenon records? I feel like they are the king of progressive psy right now.

" Sorry, this track is too hot for us!

Oh, damn! We couldn't create the waveform for your track. We're checking it right now and will try to fix it asap
! "

what is this message from soundcloud?!?
i tried a WAV and MP3 file, the auidio is 192kbps-44.1khz

do i need to re-code it?
currently encoded as itunes4.7...which is nothing.
-heheh-
:\

X - Dream - Create your own happiness

^Yeah, I've had that with some of my tracks. I've read its because the audio is clipping but I know that mine isn't so yeah....:\

^Yeah, I've had that with some of my tracks. I've read its because the audio is clipping but I know that mine isn't so yeah....:\

oh, that makes much more sense...and i know just where its referring too. i like to keep the bass tight with psy, but would have fun with the EQ during blends - maybe too much fun.
;)

i love djing. it feels so good back-cuing records, pitch whipping and touching the plate, just enough...a perfectionists multi-taskers best friend.

So are you not a fan of what's being released from zenon records? I feel like they are the king of progressive psy right now.

Yeah, I like Zenon Records, I have a few of their records too. But I still like the more old school prog. Sensient is great though.

What about psytechno? The newer X-Dream stuff, Spirallianz, Trimada, MidiMiliz, Fuzzion etc. Does it belong in this thread? I think it does, since the psytechno artists release their albums on psy labels, perform at psy parties and generally are quite unknown to the techno crowd. Would be nice to post some good psychedelic techno.

Voice of the masses

Hi guys,

I've been a frequent bluelight reader over the years but this is my first post. I was hoping to get some feedback on a mix a recorded last weekend as I respect the opinions of many on this forum.
Firstly a bit of history. So over the last 4 years or so I have really embraced the psytrance/doof culture after being heavily involved in the hard trance/rave scene for 10 or so years which included regular weekly dj spots at several well established clubs as well as events (no need to mention names). Anyway, this is the first psytrance mix I have recorded after spending the last 3 or 4 years extracting myself from the other scene and really immersing myself in a completely new culture/scene/genre of music which has basically now become my main passion in life.

I'm really interested to hear any feedback you guys have, good or bad, as I am keen to start putting myself out there this year and would like to see if people are digging what I have to offer.

Anyway have a listen, or don't, feel free to respond in any way you want, or not. Cheers for listening guys. much respect.

http://soundcloud.com/psymantics/light-to-night

I like your style brah, I personally like my psy a tad more "playful" if that makes any sense lol? but yea man, I'm really diggin it!

Cheers man! I think I get what you mean by playful. I have a bunch of that stuff which is slightly more full on that I was thinking of putting on a completely separate mix, I'll post it up once I get it done. Cheers for the feedback!

Man, that psytechno stuff is great. I've actually never heard many tracks like those, except maybe a few here and there. I'd say it's for fans of highly psychedelic trance (goa, dark, some prog) as opposed to full on (which is more driven by build ups and break downs). Either way, keep posting!