• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

2 Months After MDMA, still feeling messed up...

anxiety.jpg

yes sounds like depersonalization and derealization...

I DID suffer from this severly. i understand exactly where ur comming from. i posted on another thread regarding this topic.
i suffered everything u have described. along with blurred vision, i even would say something and then think, wait!!! did i say that or think it...
i aswell as you went and got a blood test seen a doctor.... he would never know what i was on about.. just think i was some junkie skum.

anyways he prescribed me a range of SSRI antideppressants, first i tried prozac... lexapro had no luck, made me extremely hyporactive (personally), then tried prozac, made me feel confused(personally) and the one which helped me the most was zoloft i am still taking it to this day. wasnt a cure but it helped soften the blow.
along with this i seen/see a psycologist.. she treated me with a bit of hypnotherapy which helped once again and mainly used that stuff they call cognative behaviour therapy..

this medical help did make it alot easier to combat and take more control of. however i believe the key of it all is to accept it. i mean in saying that its not enjoyable, not at all.. but where ya can use it towards ya every day tasks in life. like fitness, art cooking shit that keep the mind ticking. all in all ya cant let it run ya head. cause when ya worry and think about the depersonalization the illness is the one that is winning.

i am 19 pushing 20 i came down with this bout the same age as you, altho we are all different perhaps my advice may help you... depersonalization nearly killed me. please use my advice to overcome a rough time..

good luck.... misteee

i just turned 20, and am experiencing some of the same symptoms as well :\, sucks, but lesson learned is keep mdma use between 6-8 weeks apart, occasionally 4 weeks, I have been doing it to often,4 weeks apart,4 weeks apart,3 weeks,2 weeks,4 weeks,2 weeks,since the end of march def learned i need to respect it more, and for sure need a good break

Yes after 3 months i was back to normal.

Alright good to know, thanks for the info!

Did anyone else who's said that they've been through this same situation end up having any luck with SSRIs? If so, which one ended up helping you the most and how long did you have to stay on it?

I'm very curious about this, because I've tried almost everything I can think of to get better, and I'm finally willing to give SSRIs a chance if you guys have had luck with them. Thanks :D

I know EXACTLY what you and daftpunk are going through. Read my first post but im telling you that lexapro (an ssri) and staying away from mdma, all the while exercising completely changed me back to normal.

Took about 7 months with no mdma usage in that time.

SSRIs saved my life....i honestly think you should give it a try.

I couldnt tell you how fucked up I was in the head after the crazy amount of mdma I used to do. No offense but it sounds MUCH worse than what you guys are going through.

Ask about lexapro and stay clean.

Best of luck to you guys.

and btw I strongly recommend lexapro....I tried both zoloft and paxil, but they both gave me more side effects (feeling sleepy) but lexapro gives me absolutely NO side effects. I take 30mg in the day time and never expierience any side effects.

Shouldnt be hard to get lexapro either; psychiatrists push lexpro like no other because of how many positive results its gotten.

and btw I strongly recommend lexapro....I tried both zoloft and paxil, but they both gave me more side effects (feeling sleepy) but lexapro gives me absolutely NO side effects. I take 30mg in the day time and never expierience any side effects.

Shouldnt be hard to get lexapro either; psychiatrists push lexpro like no other because of how many positive results its gotten.

He will go to a doctor, and he will decide what to prescibe him.

Ok bro!! shake it out of your system!!! Excersice, swet it out!! eat fruit and vedge (lots) shit it out, drink lots of water (pissi it out) and dont loose sight of your goal!! fight fight fight, with faith!! love!!hope!!
Its just for a while, it will get better.
Get busy, work, study, create!! draw, paint, write!!
go for it!!!like a warrior a soldier a man!!
Dont touch drugs for a good while!! reach a place in your lfe that make you confortable, happy!!(independance, success, relationship, brotherhood??!!)
day by day, step by step!!
you'll get there, thanks to you alone!!( and a little help from you're friends)
Peace

Yeah I have found that eating healthy, exercising, and smoking weed has actually helped me to feel normal. Working out to the point where your body is being pushed really hard makes your mind focus on that... that may help.

about four years ago a had a year where i did alot of E , and i ahvent been the same since,
i thought E had caused this anxiety, butnow in retrospect i was always anxious and unhappy(a lil bit) and E just made it more aparent i was more in touch with my feeligns, i don't know if im bck to normal or not, i had a fucked up past few years in a fucked up relationship goodluck

Ok bro!! shake it out of your system!!! Excersice, swet it out!! eat fruit and vedge (lots) shit it out, drink lots of water (pissi it out) and dont loose sight of your goal!! fight fight fight, with faith!! love!!hope!!
Its just for a while, it will get better.
Get busy, work, study, create!! draw, paint, write!!
go for it!!!like a warrior a soldier a man!!
Dont touch drugs for a good while!! reach a place in your lfe that make you confortable, happy!!(independance, success, relationship, brotherhood??!!)
day by day, step by step!!
you'll get there, thanks to you alone!!( and a little help from you're friends)
Peace

Shit "anxiety" out? get rid off "fucked up feeling" painting? Is your brain communicating with your hands? 8o

Shit "anxiety" out? get rid off "fucked up feeling" painting? Is your brain communicating with your hands? 8o

when i shit, i always feel better,
and paint is just an example of
a hobby to focus on,

OP: I've seen a lot of mentions of SSRIs in this thread, but you'd probably benefit even more by using them in conjunction with some cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) with a licensed professional, if that's the route you wanna take. In fact, if you're certain that what you're experiencing is depersonalization, then I'd definitely go that route if I were you.

I felt pretty bad myself for a long while after my one time with MDMA: emotionally "flat" at best, straight up depressed at worst. It eventually went away with time, but exercising, eating healthy, getting plenty of sleep and avoiding other drugs made that time far more bearable.

why not try cognitive therapy alone first,

shouldn't putting more chemicals in your be a last resort,

OP: I've seen a lot of mentions of SSRIs in this thread, but you'd probably benefit even more by using them in conjunction with some cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) with a licensed professional, if that's the route you wanna take. In fact, if you're certain that what you're experiencing is depersonalization, then I'd definitely go that route if I were you.

I felt pretty bad myself for a long while after my one time with MDMA: emotionally "flat" at best, straight up depressed at worst. It eventually went away with time, but exercising, eating healthy, getting plenty of sleep and avoiding other drugs made that time far more bearable.

Sound advice.

Sound advice.

I can without a doubt say that, atleast how you described it, you could have depersonalization. There is no need to worry because, although it seems like it is only you going through, thousands of other people are going through. Mine happened from weed 8 months ago, suprisingly i dont know how , but just had a major panic attack and im very certain mine stems from anxiety. i take .5mg klonopin twice daily, i suggest you take this when u need it if u feel too out of it or feel freaking outish. I did oxycontin for a while and i was in a drug rehab before and after this and in the program i was clean for 73 days and felt a lot better each day. Now i restarted with a new lookout on liife after i realised shit, i work out everyday and run everyday and force myself to do things, even when i dont want to. its very hard to deal with, but after you learn about it and learn more about yourself, its more of an annoyance. I say stay clean for a while, learn to have fun and be happy withotu drugs and a CBT therapist is very helpful as well and, well SSRIs werent for me, a phsyc put me on 40mg ! and it made me so depressed i was thinking suicidaly.

My advice, taken klonopin when u feel u need it, .5 or .25mg, see a CBT therapist, work out, take a bcomplex, multivitamins, fish oil, and be clean!

I can without a doubt say that, atleast how you described it, you could have depersonalization. There is no need to worry because, although it seems like it is only you going through, thousands of other people are going through. Mine happened from weed 8 months ago, suprisingly i dont know how , but just had a major panic attack and im very certain mine stems from anxiety. i take .5mg klonopin twice daily, i suggest you take this when u need it if u feel too out of it or feel freaking outish. I did oxycontin for a while and i was in a drug rehab before and after this and in the program i was clean for 73 days and felt a lot better each day. Now i restarted with a new lookout on liife after i realised shit, i work out everyday and run everyday and force myself to do things, even when i dont want to. its very hard to deal with, but after you learn about it and learn more about yourself, its more of an annoyance. I say stay clean for a while, learn to have fun and be happy withotu drugs and a CBT therapist is very helpful as well and, well SSRIs werent for me, a phsyc put me on 40mg ! and it made me so depressed i was thinking suicidaly.

My advice, taken klonopin when u feel u need it, .5 or .25mg, see a CBT therapist, work out, take a bcomplex, multivitamins, fish oil, and be clean!

Dont give advices to take BENZODIAZEPINES for people you dont know!!! SSRIs are way better for that. SSRIS make you depressed for 2 weeks max. then it gets better.

Hey guys sorry i havent updated in a while, i just wanted to thank everyone who posted on here for giving me there input... these have been the hardest 3 months i have ever had in my life... and im a pretty emotionally strong guy.... theres only so much you can take...

Anyways my doctors appointments went terrible... my GP was so quick to throw me a perscription for anti depression SSRI medication, and i refuse them due to the fear that i will get worse... He basicly said in a nutshell thats my only choice... unless i want to pay for a therapist... if it got worse i would probably end it..... Dont want to take the chance.... If this is depersonalization i guess there is hope for my in the future.... but its been a while now it and hasent really let up... i exercise daily, have abstained from every substance including coffe and pop, alcohol anything u can think of that might negativly impact me, been taking vitamans, fish oils, flaxceed oils daily, Still in this fucked up state..... Here is a better way i can descrive it... watch this link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C305fZucm6Y

Thanks guys....

that vid is spot on mate.. that you? .. so whyd you refuse the SSRI's ? dont think they might help?