• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

2 Months After MDMA, still feeling messed up...

Last time I rolled, it was off MDA - about 160mg total over 2 doses.
Felt awesome, and really tripped out during the roll, got cool visuals amped by heavy weed smoking - wich also made me trip a lot more (smoked off a huge bong)

But.. when the comedown came around, I was seeing shit on my computer screen that wasnt even there (videos of shit that didnt exist), I saw an ugly face scream at me too (damn).
And I also felt paranoid, burned out and still kind of tripping... kind of like comind down off LSD, just much much worse.
Ever since that day - i changed the way i look at life. I felt kind of alone in the world and I realized I gotta all the hard work myself... and all the good people, like my parents etc, are gonna pass away.
Im gonna have to get tough.. sooner or later.. This realization made me sad and somewhat surprised. The MDA trip really changed me.

After experiencing this weird comedown and crazy new thoughts I got from it, i decided to not roll again for a long time. Its been a year now. I feel like i'm reset, i feel "right"..

Just give it time, is my advice - and stay the fuck away from white powder, pills, and shit like that. Weed is still okay tho (imo) to certain extent.. Psychedelics too - when ur mind feels alright again.

Everyone also reacts differently on MDMA, even tho most people get the same kind of effects, not EVERYBODY is that lucky.. Some people just get more problems than others from drugs.

My guess is that its anxiety related, and since u used MDMA you're obssessing about that and thinking "it MUST be the MDMA that F***ed me up". It could also be your own thoughts that are messing you up on this. Try to forget you ever used drugs, quit using and get clean for a while. And stay very busy, try to find something to do that gives you some kind of joy.

Sounds like you're in the same boat as me mate! 2 months in too, little moments of depression and anxiety now, but it's fading away! It's the obsessive thoughts you need to stop, then you'll feel way better. I honestly believe I'm going to be 100% in about a month. Those 2 weeks like you said, were easily the worst 2 weeks of my entire life. You're gonna be okay man!

Thanks for your possitive reaction, really appreciate it mate! Also feels good to know that im not the only one dealing with this shit (sorry if this is somewhat selfish :s). I also think that the obsessive thoughts are slowing down my recovery by a ton, but it's really more tough to deal with those thoughts then I could have ever imagined. The obsessive thoughts are not about my drug use anymore it's just thoughts about an old classmate of mine who commited suicide that is making me feel depressed/anxious. I heard about this sad news during my cocaine comedown, I was mentally really weak during this time and thats why I think that, that thought had the oppertunity to settle pretty deep. Im most likely going to start CBT soon and really hope thats going to help me get my life back to normal again. Anyways thanks again for your supportive reaction!

Last edited:
Hi I have had same problem took coke first time smoked weed after and now day 9, I wake up earlier than usual with blurred vision/weird feeling and this lasts through the day, does anybody know how long this will last?

Hi I have had same problem took coke first time smoked weed after and now day 9, I wake up earlier than usual with blurred vision/weird feeling and this lasts through the day, does anybody know how long this will last?
Honestly. Could be a week or a year. Just try not to focus on it

Honestly. Could be a week or a year. Just try not to focus on it

Thanks for reply, it's just weird after taking something for first time it could mess you up so bad, oh well i learned my lesson and will stay positive and hope it goes away sooner than a year.

I felt the same way too it has been three months now. I am finally starting to snap out of it. But it didn't change the fact how one night messed me up for this long. I made a promise to myself once I get better to never do it again. this just isn't worth it. I felt I was losing my mind I became petrified of things I couldn't control and I couldn't explain why. I couldn't eat or sleep. I cried all the time over nothing. I just didn't feel like my happy go lucky self. My fiance too the same amount with me and he feels better than ever. I know he tries to understand, but I can tell he struggles with it or blames himself a little for it. All I know is I am getting better and stressing over it makes it far worse then what it is. I will say this if there is something particular on your mind that is scaring you or making you feel uneasy tell someone because the moment you make it real the stress of it will lift.

Everyone who is going through this is honestly going to be 100% back to them selves. I've been thought these stages myself. I don't get depressed no more or loose of reality. I just get weird feelings in my brain & behind my eyes . All the symptoms I've had we're discomfort feelings in the chest & feelings of fainting(but never fainted). Cerebral edema. But overall exercising helps me 100% & it makes me feel back to myself. No more blurred vision. if anyone has had these symptoms PLEASE! message me or reply to this thread !
Thanks for reading.

Hi everyone. Unfortunately I am going through this currently. I am onto day 8. Any tips to speed up the process?

Everyone who is going through this is honestly going to be 100% back to them selves. I've been thought these stages myself. I don't get depressed no more or loose of reality. I just get weird feelings in my brain & behind my eyes . All the symptoms I've had we're discomfort feelings in the chest & feelings of fainting(but never fainted). Cerebral edema. But overall exercising helps me 100% & it makes me feel back to myself. No more blurred vision. if anyone has had these symptoms PLEASE! message me or reply to this thread !
Thanks for reading.

Hi mate, I am I to day 8 of this nightmare! Any tips to speed the process up or improve my situation?

Try taking barley grass powder mixed with a protien shake its excellent for detoxing and helps you recover quicker. I found this out by accident but it really works for me. :)

Many of you have experienced similar symptoms as me.

I really really regret that night 6 weeks ago when I did far too much of what I believe was MDMA. The effects were similar but felt weaker than they should have of though. So who knows what it was.

The other 3 who did the same amount are fine.

The slightly blurry vision is my main symptom i get. I have it for probably a few hours a day and usually only when I'm sitting down at home. It feels like you're spaced out.

My other very worrying symptom is feeling my pulse through my temples and back of skull when my head is on the pillow. I fight my anxiety about this by hoping that it will all go away eventually.

Good luck to everyone. I wish you all have a speedy recovery!

Hey guys, been having similar symptoms 6 weeks after my first and only MDMA roll.. the wierd thing is that the anxiety seems to come and go. Some weekends im 100% and feel like it has all gone away without having to take any benzos, then after a night of drinking ill wake up hungover and the anxiety comes back, mostly because i think im freaking myself out, anticipating a panic attack. Ive been prescribed kolonopin for the past month that I've been taking on and off for the past 6 weeks that seems to help a lot.

My question is if anyone else has been going through phases like this and if anyone has taken kolonopin to help deal with the anxiety and if it helped. Ive been steady taking one .5mg a day for the past week and i want to try to wean off, but im worried the anxiety and derealization will cone back... i know this is a question for my doctor, but i find comfort hearing from people who are/have gone throigh the same thing.

Much appreciated

Ive found i really do abuse mdma recently, i take usually at least 2 dutch pills per roll which tends to be once every month and half. Ive done coke in between to give myself a break but i guess that isnt really having a break really. Anyways, I once fried my brain doing 1g of high purity mdma and found a fast recover cutting out meat, grains and eating a highly alkaline diet. The main thing i ate which i praise for my recovery is saurkraut, the fermemted cabbage. This MUST be homemade, as store bought has no good bacteria in it. This bacteria populates your intestines where a large amount of serotonin is developed and the bacteria helps generate serotonin extremely well! You also must use real Sea Salt buy either celtic sea salt or pink himalyan rock salt. Eat first thing on a morning so it does its job and no other food mixes with it to dilute its effects. You gotta keep with it though, trust me. Also include avocados, these are also a god send, as well as bananas and jus get a shit load of fruit in your diet. Cut out the meats they clog you up you dont digest it properly and it slows your digestion the fuck down big time. If this dont work try FASTING as last resort. Fasting allows body to take time not digesting food and begins to repair itself. Look it up but saurkraut's your first go to.

And exercise, get that runners high going! once these chemicals get released in your brain it should kickstart some repairing.

Time is really the only cure. Sobriety healthy living and CBT/mindfulness can help you adjust and cope but at the end of the day, your brain needs time to rebound.

Hi, I am new to this thread and it seems like some people are experiencing same problems as I do after taking molly.
I took my first molly on mid July and after my first one I took two more in consecutive weekends (half capsule for all of the three times). The after effects were noticed in the beginning of August, having a hard time concentrating, feeling spaced out when walking on the street and feeling like I am trapped in a really bad marijuana high all the time. The symptoms seemed to subside on the end of August but they came back intensively about two weeks ago. I talked to my doctor about my problems and he prescribed Prozac for me which I have been taking for about 6 weeks now. What I realized is that these symptoms get really worse when its cloudy, particularly when the sun goes down. My doctor told me that I may have impaired my autonomic nervous system but he did not really have a clear answer. I am just wondering if anybody in this forum has got any better, these symptoms really worry and depress me as I cant function well as a human being.

Important

I can see that this thread is pretty old now and this post may not get seen but I read this entire thread a few months ago and had the exact same problems. 10 months ago I went to Berghain in Berlin I took Cocaine, MDMA and ecstasy. I never normally do drugs and certainly did more than I could handle. I had a panic attack in the club, I couldn't breathe properly, my heart was beating faster than I've ever felt, I felt dizzy, my mouth was uncontrollably gurning, my eyes were wide open and I had trouble controlling my breathing, I literally thought I was going to die that night. I felt this way for about an hour whilst my friends gave me water and I danced to use up the rush of energy and try and forget about the panic.

After an hour or so I had calmed down slightly but my heartbeat was still rapid and my eyes and jaw were out of control. I left the club, got to the place I was staying and in to bed... I remember lying in bed with an insanely fast heartbeat thinking that this could be it and that I might die in my sleep. The three days following the incident, everything felt surreal. I felt on edge, restless and not in the mood to eat or drink really, I didn't feel any anxiety but I felt heavy depersonalisation and just did not feel myself at all, my friends noticed that I was still tapping my feet, tapping my hands. I found it hard to stop moving.

2 days on I was back in the UK and went to work. I had a full blown panic attack on my first day back. I felt I was going to die, I couldn't breath properly and was fighting to stay conscious. I noticed that things like tea, coffee, green tea... Anything with caffeine really brought on the panic attacks. Anxiety kicked in like a bitch from this point onwards. I took HTP5 and Berocca each day. I started to feel safe when at home and work but the second I stepped outside I was hit with heavy depersonalisation and anxiety and the feeling as if I was in the Matrix. I started to stay at home a lot as I felt the most safe. The worry about being outside was the fear of having a panic attack in public. I spent ages researching online and it always came back with "Panic Disorder"/ "Agoraphobia" and It started to freak me out thinking that I'd be stuck like this forever!

I went to a doctor that prescribed me Propanalol which is used to slow your heart beat down to avoid anxiety. It sort of worked to rid the anxiety but did nothing for the depersonalisation and made me feel sluggish. I was then prescribed Zoloft which is an antidepressant... that made things 100x worse and made me feel the worst yet. The doctor told me to look in to mindfulness/meditation and joked that he realised it sounded like hippy bullshit but it could seriously help. I started doing the mindfulness exercises which you can find online easily and they did start to help make me feel a lot more relaxed, they did help to ease the pain a little.

It's been 10 months now and I'm not 100% but i'm definitely 90% better. I came to realise that the whole ordeal from the night of drugs gave me an anxiety disorder. It's what you probably have but it's nothing to worry about and you can get rid of it. The drugs that night put me under so much stress that it triggered an anxiety disorder and it took me 9 months to figure this out as I though I was just going mad. Luckily I read a book called "A life at last by Paul David" which is a book that explains how to deal with anxiety/ panic attacks and depersonalisation, the writer of the book even developed anxiety and depersonilisation from doing drugs. The first page of the book summed up all my symptoms that i've been so worried about..

"-feeling strange, unreal, not with it.
-depression
-shaking hands
-fast heartbeat
-tired
-disconnected
-mind constantly racing"

When I read this I felt at ease immediately realising that I'm not the only one and that i'm not going insane. After reading the whole book I am definitely feeling better, it walks you through ways to deal with the anxiety. The key thing it repeats in the book is that you just need to face it and not fight it, that is the absolute key. If you are out in public and feeling anxious/ spaced out/ depersonalisation, just think... "don't fight it, go with the flow, bring it on" and just go along with all the negative feelings and don't give a shit about them. When you give up the fight with anxiety you will start to come back down to earth, it's not an immediate fix but I am feeling so, so much better. You can google the authors name and read reviews on the book, I really owe it to the guy that wrote it, he's literally saved me.

I came here to write the post because it took me 9 months to realise i had an anxiety disorder and without reading the book on how to get better I would still be fighting the anxiety rather than just going with it and i just hope you guys can get well quicker than it took me.

The reason people don't say how they are doing on this forum months later is because they have recovered and moved on but I want to help you guys because I know how shit this feeling is, it's such a drain on life.

Medication is not the treatment for this feeling, it's understanding about anxiety that will lead you to recovery. Because drugs did this to you, you just think you've done some weird permanent damage and the anxiety just keeps your mind racing about it.

pm me if you have any worries or questions. you will recover from this :)

Must be shit to feel like that months after using mdma, longest comedown I ever had was 5 days but usually it lasts about 3