• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How does Ativan compare to Xanax, Valium, and Klonopin?

Rollzzzzzzz

Greenlighter
I personally love xanax, valium, and klonopin but all for different reasons.

Valium is nice to have with a couple drinks or after a hard workout.
Klonopin for daily anxiety and xanax for hell days.

Whats is Ativan good for and is it any good or are the others better????

I personally love xanax, valium, and klonopin but all for different reasons.

Valium is nice to have with a couple drinks or after a hard workout.
Klonopin for daily anxiety and xanax for hell days.

Whats is Ativan good for and is it any good or are the others better????
having tried all of the above i would say it is most like klonopin (clonazepam)

no real noticeable (physical/mongey) effects (imo/ime) like xanax and vaium can have.

just a good fast acting benzo with a short half life,extremely good for major anxiety and panic attacks and helps with a general feeling of calmness.

also noticed on the rare occasion when i smoke a bit of weed (not very often) it stops me from getting alot of panic/paranoia/anxiety issues that i can get from smoking weed.

not much recreational use on its own (imo/ime)

it is also a strong sedative/hypnotic (although i find this only in high doses),so great for getting to sleep without too much hangover the next day.

what are you looking for in your benzos?

:)

I'd say Lorazepam fits somewhere inbetween. It's not as potent as Xanax or Klonopin, though many conversion charts specify otherwise. I find it to be mild but effective at combatting everyday anxieties, and seems to be less narcotic (for a lack of a better term) than the other three Benzos you mentioned. Just my opinion.

^I agree. I personally love ativan as a medication. it does fall between clonazapam and xanax in terms of duration. it's the only benzo that I find helps my anxiety without making me act like a tool (as long as I moderate)

I honestly took 4mg of Ativan and did not feel SHIT...maybe calmness but not euphoric at all like Xanax and not extremely muscle relaxing like klonipin

its strange how people experience drugs so differently. I would never describe benzo's as really being "euphoric" so much, but a lot of people seem to. Maybe it's like with opiates, what I consider euphoric is probably considered an unpleasant side effect to some.

I don't feel anything off ativan if i take it by itself but it feels really nice mixed with temazepam for some reason. By itself i like it more then xanax but much less so then clonazepam, valium or temazepam. I don't get any good effects from xanax so im abit biased there. Ativan works fast so it's good for acute panic attacks.

It is pretty much the weakest benzo. It is less powerful than valium.
I think its pretty crappy personally.

like the others have said not really recreational,and you can take it without 'really' feeling a lot,very mild,when i first tried it id only tried valium/xanax before and i thought to myself "this lorazepam is crap" as i was expecting a euphoric feeling like xanax/valium which actuallly makes you feel 'high' but ive learned that to appreciate the way it works especially if you wanted to take a large dose (like i do) without others around noticing and still being able to go about everyday activities without any anxiety and the added bonus of those rare times when i can smoke weed panic/anxious/nervous free.

infact tomorrow i may go for an afternoon walk down to the lake and smoke a small joint that my friend gave me,probably take the 10mg lorazepam around 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to my walk. :)

Oh yeah, if you have any sort of tolerance, which it sounds like you do. You aren't going to feel it at all!

Ativan is underrated. I won't vouch for it for recreational purposes, but it is excellent for therapeutic reasons.

I'd say it can be as good of an anxiolytic as Xanax, Klonopin, or Valium.
It's definitely ranked up there among the top anxiolytics (another one is bromazepam).
It's an excellent anticonvulsant aswell. As an anticonvulsant it's superior to Valium, on par with Klonopin, but inferior to nitrazepam and temazepam.

It's less sedating than Xanax and Valium, but slightly moreso than Klonopin.

Crap for recreational purposes, but a terrific benzo otherwise.

Nonsense, it is 5-10 times as potent as valium. Less recreational for alot of people, yes.

There is no 5-10 times about it. Lorazepam is more than 10 times as potent as diazepam. Some charts list lorazepam as 0.5 mg = 10 mg diazepam.

There is no 5-10 times about it. Lorazepam is more than 10 times as potent as diazepam. Some charts list lorazepam as 0.5 mg = 10 mg diazepam.
Ok, yeah I didn't look it up and I stand corrected. But my point was simply that it is by no stetch of the imagination weaker than diazepam.

Ok, yeah I didn't look it up and I stand corrected. But my point was simply that it is by no stetch of the imagination weaker than diazepam.
exactly.

clinically it may be 20 times stronger but all benzos are subjective.

i bet the majority of people would not physically feel a great lot of difference off 0.5-2mg Lorazepam,yet 10-40mg of Diazepam would have them flying/on there arse! =D

lorazapam was favored by psychiatrists at one point because there was a theory that it had the least amount of cognitive impairment relative to amount of sedation. like mentioned by posters above the truth is such things vary tremendously from individual to individual.

I snorted I'm not sure which mg, they were supposed to be xanax bars and as soon as I saw them I went "WTF IS THIS" good thing I didn't pay.

Anyway on topic. I can't say anything about xanax I have a natural tolerance which a doctor falt out told me is impossible but it has to be the case.

Anyway Ativan to me was like a nice mellow buzz, not something you can get fucked up on. Something like how some people come home and have a beer after a hard day at work. It just gives you a mild buzz and relaxes you about it. At higher doses maybe it helps quit a bit more but I'm not sure.

Im pretty sure 1mg of lorazepam=10mg's of diazepam or atleast thats what just about every chart out there says. It's more potent then diazepam but i don't find it nearly as recreational or even as usful for anxiety or whatever.

Potency has nothing to do with euphoria. Temazepam is a pretty weak benzo 20mg's of temazepam=10mg's of diazepam but many people out there including myself find it to be the most euphoric benzo.

If potency had everything to do with recreational potential alot more people would rather fentanyl then heroin or hydromorphone but thats not the case now is it.

i think them equivalency charts are inaccurate, from my own personal experience. It says that 10mg of valium = .5 xanax/.5 klonopin.....i have been on Klonopin, Xanax, Ativan, and Valium throughout the years, and when it comes to me taking a .5 of xanax, i feel NOTHING, when i take 10mg of valium, i do feel SOMETHING alot more then .5 xanax. for what it's worth my doctor, whom is 61yrs old, been in the medical field since the late 70's; told me that 10mg of valium is right around equivalent to 1mg of xanax/1mg klonopin. Im on valium right now, he tapered me off of 4mg daily xanax by using valium, and with that experience im confident to say 10mg valium =1mg xanax...along with years of being on benzo's...listen to ur body not the charts