• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can poppy latex be directly smoked?

NagasakiNightmare

Bluelighter
And can it be gathered once the pods have been snipped off the plant? Or can you only harvest the latex if the pods are still attached?

i don't think the latex will "ooze" out if they've been snipped off the stalks. i could be wrong though.

you could put the pods in between pieces of wax paper and roll them hard with a rolling pin. i'd assume any juice that comes out would be opium laden.

I'm not sure about it but i imagine you could slice some grooves in some poppy bulbs that are off the plant but I personally dunno, It is best of course to cut slices in a poppy bulb while still on the poppy plant and let it ooze out over night.They usaully at least let the opium gum/latex dry in the sun and most cook it in boiling water and add slaked lime to the boiling pot and the opium will rise to the top and is then dried in the sun.I'm sure you could replicate this at home with a big cooking pot on a stove , and i dunno where you would get the slaked lime but anyway,look it up on erowid or something , and if you find something to cook it off with and then it bubbles to the top,get a metal strainer(like for draining spaghetti noodles ) and then dry it in the sunlight in a window or outside depending on where you live and maybe use a heat lamp to dry it if it's wet outside....dunno much about home/small scale opium refining and harvest but I have seen/ and read all about it at the larger level like in asia or somewhere they grow opium and they smoke it ...anyway hope this helps somehow..

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to smoke it. It's practically opium. It contains plenty of morphine, codeine, etc.

Only think that I could think would prevent it would be potential lung damage. ????

Yes you can smoke raw opium. It's probably easier to just eat it but of course you can dose better with smoking. Put it on some tinfoil and heat it sorta lightly from underneath, just like smoking heroin. I don't see why you wouldn't want to just dry it out though. There would probably be carcinogenic substances in there like some smoke from the high amount of plant matter that's in there, though, like James said above.

If I were you, I'd dissolve it in hot water - about 40ºC (you don't need to use much water, but you're not doing a CWE so it doesn't matter if you use too much), then filter through something that is closer to a rice sack than lab grade (so you can make sure you get any undissolved alkaloids). That's just to get plant matter out. Then you can dry it in the sun and smoke what's left.
If you think you're a bit of a chemist you could get fancy and add some calcium hydroxide/slaked lime to the solution before drying it to convert the insoluble morphine into a water soluble salt calcium morphenate. You can then filter it through a coarse fabric like burlap and the liquid that you get contains mostly morphine and a little bit of codeine. No where near pure enough to inject but plugging might be an option. Not really a good way to dose w/o drying and weighing, and even that would be inaccurate

whatever you decide to do, ddrying is probably the best option