• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ambien and oxycodone?

AlCaponeUser

Bluelighter
ok my gf wants to know if it's harmful to take ambien an hour or two after taking a few perc 10's? Also wants to know if one can become addicted to ambien? thanks

harmful? No.

You can and will gain a TOLERANCE to ambien. Why are you wanting to take it - do you think the combination will be recreational or are you taking them both as prescribed? - are you planning on taking the ambien regularly is what I'm asking.

I'd avoid using ambien often just because it'll become useless in terms of what it's prescribed for. Take a look at the trip reports, too - just for more info.

well she takes the ambien as prescribed but we def don't take oc as prescribed. She's been takin the ambien long before we actually relapsed. Anyway, if she takes the ambien like she's supposed after time it won't work anymore? I guess she should take some nights off here and there...but will she get hooked on it after a while?

People become dependent on ambien in that they will not be able to sleep unless they take it. So if they take it to help them sleep, after taking it for a long time and then stopping, it will be even more difficult to sleep than before.