• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Share your artwork v. BL's got talent

Wowzers! I'm the first reply! :D

Just drew this one... I've been getting back into a highly creative mood!

Designed to Disrupt

designedtodisrupt002.jpg

...and btw, I didn't get a chance to say thank you to a few of you for your compliments! It's greatly appreciated! There really ARE a lot of talented individuals on BL and I'd like to be able to say I'm one of them! Being the modest bloke that I am, however, I'll let you guys say it. ;)

Seriously though, I really do appreciate it! :)

very cool, Ry Ry! wish i had some of your artwork to hang in my home.

:X

Last edited:
these are decently large in real life. super irritating to photograph ><

all pen on paper. the rectangular ones are about 50'' wide. the scroll sort of piece is about 6.5 feet.

NSFW:

051610001KP.jpg

051610016KP.jpg

051610002KP.jpg

051610019KP.jpg

051610009KP.jpg

051610004KP.jpg

051610003KP.jpg

Oh man, jsg... it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyways, though I believe I've said it a thousand times. I love your work! It's extremely unique.

It's also super cool how I've been able to watch it progress over time. Not that it ever wasn't great, but you've really refined it over the years. Your style has become synonymous with your user name in my world. That's to say that nobody can duplicate it. :)

jsg-- I've always admired your work, and while the minimalist figure studies were kind of cool, I'm really glad to see you getting back to your roots. Highly intricate stacked/linked and mostly quadrangular shapes doing awesome things on paper. I dig it with a spade man!

Ryan-- !

:)

cheers! i've had this new direction brewing for a while. oscillating between figuration and abstraction.

i'll upload some of my color studies later this week. refine, refine , refine.

NSFW:
ryanlaughlin said:

This one is my favourite - they're all truly amazing though. How long did they take to finish?

ryan I love your piece, you could do T-shirts or prints with a design like that.

I've got a piece in the pipeline that I quite like, I'll upload when it's done. I've also done a few shitter pieces but they're not really worth sharing.

@versd: I wish that you lived in my city so that I could apprentice under you. Not 100% certain, but I don't think that I've seen a photo of yours that didn't look absolutely stunning.

havent done anything much for awhile and then i produced one i think is my favourite to date :D
Its drawn on a canvas, coloured with pencil and outlined with a marker!
I first did a similar one on paper and i loved it and wanted to paint it onto canvas.. but i'm not really good with paint and it didnt work out when i tried so thats why i ended up doing it this way.. but i love it!
I only started experimenting with my artistic side about a year ago and for the first six months of this year i didnt really do much but i'm so pleased with how everything is progressing! more drawing = more better :)

IMG_0841.jpg

WOW! We sure do have some talented folk up here in BL! I feel like a noob posting my stuff haha. I come from a tattooing background so here's a few bits of flash I've done lately. Just rough outlines of pieces for friends and such..

11awv13.jpg

dcfr77.jpg

16b0chi.jpg

33nud5e.jpg

Might post some more later on! <3

Great stuff mav3rick; psykiz, love the colours and design - got any more to post?

Here are my latest two. The first I don't really like, I wish I had the skill to do a better job of it (acrylic paints don't seem to do it for me, or visa versa, more correctly). The second I do however, and just finished colouring today.

NSFW:

dsc0033034resizedwowate.jpg

treesmall.jpg