• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Share your artwork v. BL's got talent

Latte art!

Winged Heart
35278_407336407538_562112538_4500237_1240027_n.jpg

There is less milk in this cup than coffee, and there is only 30mls of coffee
35278_407336412538_562112538_4500238_6145173_n.jpg

wow! awesome!
i've been practicing coffee art also for awhile now :)
i'll take some photos of some good ones when they appear!

Wow nice work Apostacious! It's a shame you can't see the detail in them but from what I can see I really like the first one in particular.

Yeah Apostacious, it would be great if you get better photos for us to drool over.

Been a while since I was in here because my work computer doesn't show pictures uploaded to certain sites. Wow. It never fails to impress when I do get in to see it all.

Lovely stuff :D

Thank you n3ophy7e and cletus. :) It's very encouraging to get feedback on this! I will upload three more with this post.

FairRe:

FairRe.jpg

Balance:
balance.jpg

Name:
Name.jpg

Nice jobs, especially the first one you've posted. I've tried to paint acrylic and never got a satisfying result - there's one painting I kinda like but nothing I actively love.

I'm working on my sketching atm, as I've never been that good with it, I'll post some of my efforts once I have a decent amount.

EDIT: I'll show you the five I've got finished. The boat one I did over the last two days due to a few depressing realisations about my life.

dsc0003052.jpg

dsc0001050.jpg

dsc0005054.jpg

dsc0004053.jpg

dsc0002051.jpg

Last edited:
^ I like the boat sketch, it gives a nice sense of solitude, contemplation and movement. Good job on the realism on the still-life sketches too! Also, thanks again for the encouraging words everyone. It is always nice to share work I've done with others, and it is especially nice that some may see it and want to try something different afterwards! I've never really had that sort of satisfaction, to affect others positively with stuff I've done. And for the record, I only have 1 year of experience painting, and each of these paintings took me roughly 1-2 days to finish. I'll include one more.

Decivilerizon:

DeCivilizerizon.jpg

You're a well of encouragement, did you know that?

Hahaha, ermm thanks? :D
It's all true, you know :)

Liga, that is absolutely amazing, love it!! How long did it take you? What did you use to draw/colour it?

I can't remember, probably a few hours a day for a few days....or something like that. I used a Bic Pen, and Water colour Pencil Crayons. I also played with the brightness and contrast in paint.NET to hide imperfections that became visible after I scanned it. I usually just use black pen on white paper, but this is one of my first attempts at employing colours in my pictures. I would also like to thank you all for the complements, they really brightened up my day :D. I'll post some more later.

This is one I started along time ago and didn't get around to finishing. I've added more to it than you can see here, but not too much more.

Pictureshits1.jpg

This one got pretty sloppy, but I like where it could have gone and may try something similar but less contained in the near future.

Picture4.jpg

Last edited:
Lig, I like!

I don't think this is very impressive but my boyfriend thinks it's pretty cool? He thinks I should put it up on a wall or something. Soooo...
This is what I like to do when I'm not coloring in my little pony coloring books.
plate.jpg

Sorry the lighting sucks, when I tried to use flash it was just too bright.
The pink is like saw blades btw.

I made myself into an Avatar in Photoshop for a project in my graphics class. Crappy phone pic of a printout of it though.

27951_399844001704_616051704_4104027_4308238_n.jpg

I was able to borrow a camera that takes pictures that are of a higher quality than the one that took the majority of the photos I submitted earlier. So, here are pictures of the paintings I submitted that needed an upgrade:

NSFW:
Bewilderness:
Bewilderness1.jpg

Daymare:
Daymare.jpg

Decivilizeron:
Decivilizeron.jpg

FairRe:
FairRe.jpg

Go:
Go.jpg

Name:
Name.jpg

And here's a couple I recently painted. (sorry, don't mean to be a whore, lol, just figured I may as well include new stuff if I'm going to post):

NSFW:
Treeline:
Treeline.jpg

The Wicked Witch of the West:
TheWickedWitchoftheWest.jpg

BTW- I LOVE the patterns you make Ligaturd. They have a certain shamanistic quality to them that I enjoy.

Last edited: