View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms or Cactus?

smellytim

Bluelighter
me and 3 friends are going camping in Yosemite shortly and planned on doing shrooms while there. it sounds like an amazing experience and im super fucking excited. especially since i just had my first candyflip, i cant wait to go do shrooms again.

buuttt... a thought just crossed my mind. i think i could possibly get san pedro.. would that be even more amazing? is it worth it looking into? or should i just go for the shrooms?

on the whole do people prefer one to the other? i know shrooms are the more popular hallucinogen, but i figure most people havent done mescaline. i know i want to do cactus at some point and yosemite seems like a magical place. but maybe ill just wait for a camping trip in the desert.

either way itll be beautiful, thanks for the opinions.

shrooms all the way.

theres nothin "beautiful" about spewing up a stomach full of cactus juice.

for the amount of cactus to ingest to get a proper full blown trip, willl most likely makke you barf.
whereas a handful of shrooms will just make u nauseous but have you mashed

I dunno I think I like cacti just as much as I do shrooms. I never had any problems with nausea on either, but I seem to be an oddity. In terms of convenience mushrooms would be the way to go but I find mescaline to be equally as beautiful as mushrooms.

In a setting like that i'd go for cactus over shrooms personally, I find cactus creates a much stronger connection to nature. If you don't fancy eating the cactus just do a simple extraction.

Nice choice of setting by the way. I went to Yosemite 4 years ago during spring the whole place was covered in a thick blanket of snow, one of the most beautiful places i'd ever been, i'd love to go there during the summer.

I also prefer the cacti experience over mushrooms (in higher doses) I get more out of the trip plus it lasts longer. I also enjoy the visuals more. And as THCDunc said it seems to connect more with nature. But on a side note I have witnessed some things on mushrooms that other classic psychedelics have never opened my mind to before.

Honestly, if you are going to be in a new setting and you have a reliable source I would go for experiencing a new drug rather than an old one that is easy to find. Everyone is different though.

Have a safe and happy trip =D <3

Shrooms, Cacti is a expensive painful trip. Nothing tastes as bitter and sickening as cacti tea.

I actually would prefer mescaline over shrooms but if you wanna have a amazing experience do a little of both =]. It all depends though, if you dont mind drinking gross ass liquid then I would say mescaline because it lasts 2x as long and for me is more mystical. the gross taste of cactus juice is definitely worth the trip though. But yeah if you can mix them then do that.

PS. if you want to have the best results from san pedro I recommend 16+ inches. It seems alot of people like to do 12 inches but I think the real fun starts at 16 inches. Ive also never gotton nausea from san pedro but just bring some weed incase you do,besides weed boosts the trip as it does with most other psychedelics

Simply put the cactus would be a lot more work to make into a decent consumable product (but less work to make it into a vile nauseating slush), but to some extent worth the trouble - but mushrooms are easy to prepare (just eat em) and they have a lot of psychedelic power. Mushrooms are magical, sometimes insane - but mescaline (only had synthetic though), that I deeply love. It's so touching, like having an MDMA-ish element.

If you can be bothered try an alcoholic extraction of the cactus (such as with isopropyl alcohol). It would be similar to making tea: you let it steep, collect the liquid and let it steep 2 more times, then you evaporate the liquid. It takes time, but its not very hard.

I wouldn't do both. Do one of them right. :)

I've never had the nausea on shrooms. Some at the begining of the San Pedro trip. Puked half the times I've tried it which may help.

Well given that you're camping and in the forest, I would have to say go with the mushrooms on this one. They're just more suiting and go hand in hand with being in a natural enviorment and with good company, and the trip only depends on mood and surroundings. Tryptamines build a stronger relationship with the user and their external senses, most do anyway.

Mescaline (san pedro) is more flavorful while spending time alone, pondering existence, and that sort of thing. Introspective mind set compliments and adds depth to the Mescaline experience. I suppose Mescaline could be just as good in this sort of circumstance too, mostly if your group is planning on taking it slow and just staring at the stars and trees and letting your mind free.

I'll break it down like this:
> Mescaline: You and your group will feel more connected with each other and your spiritual and religious beliefs. Cognition also plays a significant role on the level of understanding the experience.

>Mushrooms: You feel more connected with visual field and your bodily sensations, external stimuli. Intuition plays a larger factor here and lesser on understanding the experience. The mushroom experience isn't meant to be understood, thus the reason why it would fitting to a camping trip. You don't need to concentrate on your trip; just let your emotions take over.

I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to bodyload and nausea, but I know that I, for one, would not want to try a brand new psychedelic with a reputation for making most people violently ill in an uncontrolled environment like that. I'd go with the one I know that I react well to and enjoy. It's also a lot more work to prepare doses of mescaline from San Pedro, assuming you don't want to force down tons of vile cactus sludge, and it can be very hard to know how potent the end resulting product is unless you go all out and isolate nearly pure mescaline.

the pedro will make you puke for sure - after you do - you will be fine though. better than fine really.

the mushrooms may make your stomach feel icky the whole time though without puking.

the mushrooms IME will last 6 hours.

the cactus IME will last for 14 hours.

the cactus experience is way more controllable than the mushroom experience. The cactus come-up is much slower. the mushroom come up can happen very quickly and can scare the shit out of some people.

mushrooms may make you yawn a lot and might make you feel cold.

the texture of CEVs and OEVs are different between the two.

my real question to you is: what is the purpose of the experience? I think that really comes in to play as far as deciding what medicine to take and how to take it. A lot goes into the preparation of cactus tea and I think that is a very good time to express intent. The cutting, the mixing, the long brewing and the straining are all times for you to "set" and to "set" with your friends. In the setting you describe I would think I would go with the cactus. It will give you more time in prep and more time in experience. Don't look at the puking part like its puking from too much beer... its NOT like that at all. Its more like a cleansing thing.
best of luck.

Mushrooms.

It would be pointless taking cacti to the desert when you've never tried drinking cactus snot before. My guess is you'll take one sip and then have to throw the rest of it away because it's so horrendous.

Cacti are nicer, but in your circumstance I'd say you'll be happier to be on the same drug as your friends. If you don't have enough San Pedro to share, I'd say save it for another day.

If you have time to do an extraction from the san pedro, i would go for the mescaline.
Not only does it last longer but it is a much more energy filled experience.

Me personally i would eat the mescaline early in the morning and experience the park to its fullest potential then on the come down of the mescaline eat an 1/8 of mushrooms to top off a spectacular weekend;)

the mushrooms IME will last 6 hours.

the cactus IME will last for 14 hours.

the cactus experience is way more controllable than the mushroom experience. The cactus come-up is much slower.

this=D

also i have never been sick from cactus, and was easting dried cactus- its a far more energetic ecstacy like high with less tendency to get lost in bad ways. probably cos eating a dose equivalent to high dose shrooms takes ages and you just give up early and get a real mellow easygoing trip

if the cactus is dry.. go with it. But personally.... I think shrooms would be the way to gooo :)

Cactus! I think the reports of nausea are completely overblown. It is a hassle to prepare, but if you can get past that then I think it's much more enjoyable than mushrooms are, although mushrooms visuals are probably stronger.

I can't comment on cactus... but as for all of this shroom nausea? I only ever felt slightly dodgy when coming up, after that, no problem. You should try both beforehand maybe (if you've got enough time), and then decide.