• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

US Banks Admit to Financing Mexico Drug Gangs

No Surprise, money rules all once again. People above me are asking what we are going to do about this, but truth is most americans are too lazy to do anything but complain. We know these people have us bent over, but we do nothing about it but complain and hope that will change it. That will not stop what has been happening for almost a century in this country, that is, big businesses getting bigger and the have nots have less and less every decade. We're already a third world country as far as I am concerned, look at the gap between the the 10% who own 93% of the wealth and assests, and the 90% of the population who owns the other 7%. It's a pretty fucking steep drop off, no matter how you look at it. Considering our labor has been outsourced to china and whoever else will work for 10 cents a day, I honestly don't see how we will ever recover or get out of this to go back where we were. This is now the third world.

all this makes me want to speed up time and see just how bad its gonna get before its starts getting better. I mean its either gonna be the fall of the united states(complete control by the corps.) or the drug war is gonna have to end

We fucking boomers are perhaps the last generation that did better than their parents in amerika .
Mr B. Obama has a fine kettle of fish inherited from Alfred E. Bush and you gen. X,Y,Z, etc. worker bees had better resurrect labor union's clout as corporations will stuff your asses into perpetual debt .

“Behind every great fortune is a great crime.” - Honoré de Balzac

IMO, this is totally front page worthy!

How can the World's people not see what is going on here!? The economic crash was planned, 9/11 was planned, the Golden Triangle, Columbian cocaine trade, Oil Industry, all of these travesties are planned by the same financial tyrants that rule the world behind the curtain of so-called sovereign nations and other such facades of political entities. The US President is a barking Chihuahua in the face of the Pit-Bull that is BP, open your eyes and see that there is no longer any sort of democratic practice left. The West is living in the biggest hoax since the Catholic church's domination of medieval Europe. This is a kleptocracy, a bankocracy, a corporate oligarchy.
Front page worthy, huh? Who do you think controls the mainstream media?

Front page worthy, huh? Who do you think controls the mainstream media?

True. We should try to spread this around to more people at least. I always kinda felt that the whole thing in mexico was pretty much planned.. especially when the war on drugs was.

hard to imagine a set of plans in place to traffic drugs and somehow control demand and supply .

too many variables - too much cash to be made, too many players for some sort of conspiracy to have much traction . Greed and avarice I no doubt drove the suits at the involved banks - easy and plentiful money practically for the taking .

It is more inline with human nature's capriciousness to chalk it up to opportunity rather than to imagine a bunch of cock walloping WASP bankers setting the thing in motion .

It's a scandal true enough and anther little stick in the fire of main street's fear and loathing of banking and financial industries .

Article says

Bloomberg Markets reports in its August 2010 issue.

so is the August issue already available?

somehow im just not surprised....
what a corrupt fucked up world we got us eh?:(

Nor surprising at all. Until it will be easier to indict white collar crime, this kind of thing will continue going. I mean why should they stop when they can pay off the government a few million and get a slap on the wrist? The fines are just a cost of business and that's it.

wow, shits intense, definitely wont make it to a printed news paper though, guess who controls the media ^_^, What do yall thinks gonna happen in the future? I guess thats a topic for a whole nother thread

How can the World's people not see what is going on here!? The economic crash was planned, 9/11 was planned, the Golden Triangle, Columbian cocaine trade, Oil Industry, all of these travesties are planned by the same financial tyrants that rule the world behind the curtain of so-called sovereign nations and other such facades of political entities. The US President is a barking Chihuahua in the face of the Pit-Bull that is BP, open your eyes and see that there is no longer any sort of democratic practice left. The West is living in the biggest hoax since the Catholic church's domination of medieval Europe. This is a kleptocracy, a bankocracy, a corporate oligarchy.

I remember when I first began to delve into conspiracy theories- and after enough research, was as close as one can be to believing in something that one cannot see first hand (I guess they call this "faith" in religion :\)

To think that all of these things were a conspiracy made it difficult to live in such a world, and thus I understand why it would be that, assuming said conspiracy theories to be true, no amount of proof would convince the masses, they would prefer to live in blissful ignorance then turn upside down their little semi-comfortable handed-down and spoon-fed-by-"the man" worlds... God forbid one think critically 8)

Eventually I came to some middle ground... that is, as the poster below says, there are "too many variables." Nevertheless, corporations, protected by the Constitution of the United States as fuckin INDIVIDUALS 8o, Do in fact run this nation... but most of these jackasses aren't intelligent enough, much less communicative enough as they're all greedy (I've been a member of secret societies, they like to get together and drink and believe the symbolism means whatever that individual WANTS it to mean).... but as the poster below said, what fuels all of this is man's nature, that is "greed and avarice."

But I'm just another nut posting on the internet as well, and at that a misanthropist :\

hard to imagine a set of plans in place to traffic drugs and somehow control demand and supply .

too many variables - too much cash to be made, too many players for some sort of conspiracy to have much traction . Greed and avarice I no doubt drove the suits at the involved banks - easy and plentiful money practically for the taking .

It is more inline with human nature's capriciousness to chalk it up to opportunity rather than to imagine a bunch of cock walloping WASP bankers setting the thing in motion .

It's a scandal true enough and anther little stick in the fire of main street's fear and loathing of banking and financial industries .

Wow. That ^ was amazing. I like that view of humanity in general. Basically, humans are capable of maintaining themselves when provided with moral-fiber building challenges and kept away from well crafted propaganda. But those situations seldom exist for long, and left to our own devices we tend to become self-serving, lazy, and overly aggressive. Then things get messed up, and realizing something is wrong, and under mounting pressure, we attempt to correct it. Eventually we correct our course almost automatically. We lead revolutions, topple governments, change lifestyles to become whatever it is we need to be. That's how nature works, finding a balance, and moving forward. The sentient human brain, as a product of evolution, has always been capable of making the decisions necessary to move the species forward. It's the same cycle throughout history:

Hardship->individual caring/desire for change->better life-> uncaring -> hardship->

The idea's echoed in religion (our oldest history and mirror of our own specie's perception of the world), where we're told that the easy life (and power) tend to corrupt people. Eventually though, things tend to work themselves out. The problem is that we may never get past the hardship phase this time. We're packed in like sardines in a can, there's way more of us than ever before, and our problems are global. Not to mention our growing dependence on a fragile digital backbone and the spreading availability of WMD's and risky technologies such as genetic engineering.

It's easy to get emotional, and say that we're all doomed and that these things, bolstered by greed and aggression, are going to get us pretty soon. Which is entirely possible. But on the other hand, the human species is capable of incredible things. We certainly have the ability to rise above this. But we have to break out of our normal patterns. We have to start seeing the world as it really is, questioning everything, reaching beyond what precedent tells us we should be. We can make it if we can make the leap in time.

I see capitalism as the issue, this is one more detail.

can we go beyond capitalism, is there a better society on the other side?

Can we go beyond any of it? I mean, capitalism is a system. It's one of the many tools we've created to regulate ourselves; and combined with a minor vein of communism, it's the best system we've come up with. It still works a hundred times better than pure communism in practice. Capitalism just needs to be tempered, kept in check. The same goes for government, democratic or otherwise. Or religion, or cultural bias. Their all just self-imposed regulatory systems, and if we lived a few million years more, they might just become ingrained in our physiology. But they're not perfect, and blaming them is a cop-out. Any system will only work as long as people are willing to work as individuals for the betterment of humanity. And think as individuals. There are so many messages, in the form of media, history, prejudice. The only way we're ever going to change anything is if we start thinking for ourselves. Take psychology, philosophy, politics, everything back to the drawing board. Because we need to start making serious cultural changes way faster than we're used to.

Will be interesting to see what happens if they do try and seriously crack down on the drug cartels using the banking system to store their money, thereby forcing them all to withdraw their electronic money and turn it into safer assets...I'm not sure the banking system would really be able to cope with a sudden demand for several trillion dollars in cash!!

I told you all the whole war on drugs is bullshit. The politicians in charge are profiteering from the big banks that lobby them to keep drugs illegal. The media cannot hold back the BULLSHIT any longer. It's incredibly obvious why drugs are illegal. Banks sponsor politicians, politicians make laws. 300 billion/year worldwide drug industry. THE WORLD IS RUN BY BANKERS!!! Why the fuck do you think politicians just want to keep drugs illegal. the whole 'war on drugs'. It's bullshit. The big cartels that bring in the majority of the drugs have badass inside connections from customs to the DEA. Crooked cops are real, on both sides of the border (granted it's much worse to the south), they're still here too.

What do you guys expect? I told everyone a long time ago the ENTIRE war on drugs is greedy politics. Who do you think controls lawmaking in this country? The banks! That's why 'financial reform' is always loaded with bank-friendly loopholes.

Scarface said it best - "the reason cocaine is illegal is because the politicians and the bankers make money on it".

The CIA directed by GHW Bush Sr got rid of escobar and put in their own cartels, and now the CIA flies in the drugs.

CIA Drug trafficking

I am sure stuff like this has been happening since the birth of banks. Looks like now though they are going to have to hide it better. The govt. got what it wanted out of the actions, money. If they wanted something different I am sure they would have got it. I would doubt if there is a mindset in some of those responsible where they see the govt. fleecing their pockets. Than again cartels aren't generally nice people and what does doing business with them do for that company besides money? It brings them down. What does it do for the health of the US? Or if this is all lies :) what does it do for the image of the US?

So they fine them, cops & robbers.

peace.
seedless