Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

annoying sayings from non-drug users

"You're a drug addict!"
"What are you doing here?!"
"You can get AIDs/HIV/Hep from using clean needles"
Anything even remotely suggesting weed is addictive and or harmful
There should be a national drug awareness day and not just a bullshit propaganda "drugs is bad" message a real detailed perspective of the effects of narcotics and how most people act perfectly rational civil and courteous.

ecause heroin (not weed) is dope, and the only people who don't seem to realize this are cops and anti-drug people
Oh, so it's a case of "The slang that we use in my area is right and the slang you use in your area is wrong"? Safe.

Yerg its just that in the US, its pretty much a nation wide thing (other than some tweakers -meth users-who refer to their shit as dope) its just the name for heroin. Over here, it seriously is like that. Its a culture difference, but he is just pointin out that we all know wat "dope" is out here. Somebody is "a dopehead" , they started "shootin dope", he was "noddin out on dope at thanksgiving dinner", etc. Nobody calls weed dope if they use drugs, even if they only smoke weed, with a exception of the oldtimer hippies.

Anyways lets not get into a dumb ass arguement about it, i aint sayin you wrong or nothin its ust a difference of understanding, so dont worry bout it.:) Hope that explains it a lil better.

Taking *insert random drug here* is like taking a cheese slicer to your brain.
( sounds better in my native language )

I always tough it to be funny because if it were true i wouldn't be able to open a door by now^^.

"Well, he was high, and definitely not on life."

Yeah, using the word "dope" to refer to bud is also annoying to me. Bud is bud, and dope is something entirely different.

Or when some stupid bitch has "Not getting high" in her 'Interests' on her facebook profile, but one of her favorite movies is "Harold and Kumar."

"i understand/know what you are going through"

no you dont. if you havent been strung out on heroin, raped, been to rikers, stolen several thousand for your family, been shot in the chest...you DO NOT understand or know what its like, dr/naive stranger/partner/family member.

"GHB? Why would anyone take that? That's the date rape drug!"
Actually, I think you'll find alcohol is the date rape drug.

it would be good to just have a thread on annoying things people/counselors in recovery programs say.

I'm 22 and have been shooting dope and coke for the past 3 years. I'm involved in this young people's recovery group, where I'm constantly being chastised by kids with three years of clean time from there crippling marijuana addictions. I'm not the kind of guy who's gonna speak out and say, hey I'm a junky piece of shit, but it pisses the fuck out of me when I get bitched at for taking suboxone or when I get these condescending looks after a relapse. I hate hearing that all drugs "are the same", cause thats minimizing MY addiction.

"GHB? Why would anyone take that? That's the date rape drug!"
Actually, I think you'll find alcohol is the date rape drug.

True facts.

I hate it when people ignore your opinion on drugs because they think that you're addicted/ have been brainwashed by them.

"whenever you buy drugs, your supporting terrorism"

-yea because when my dealer harvests his bud and sells it, the first thing he does with the profit is send it to Afghanistan and Iraq.

"whenever you buy drugs, your supporting terrorism"

-yea because when my dealer harvests his bud and sells it, the first thing he does with the profit is send it to Afghanistan and Iraq.

Yea thats mostly to do with buying heroin, but tbh the "war on terrorism" is the last of my concerns when trying to score.

Yea thats mostly to do with buying heroin, but tbh the "war on terrorism" is the last of my concerns when trying to score.

Yea, it just pissed me off more since I live in America and the heroin I get is from Columbia, and the other heroin here is from Mexico. So even buying heroin here isn't funding terrorists really.

One thing that really pisses me off is when drug counselors try to tell me that I'm a drug addict because I have some underlying emotional problem that I'm trying to mask.

My parents also had this tremendously annoying preconception that all drug users are somehow miserable and looking for an "escape from reality". "What are you running away from? If you don't tell use we can't help you."

"I'm not running away from my problems."
"Then why can't you stop?"
"I can. I just... don't wanna. I like it. Its net effects on my life are positive. Why should I? I am not killing myself."

Back in the '80's, our First Lady, Nancy Regan, started an anti-drug campaign for schoolkids. The slogan was - this is so profound lol - JUST SAY NO! I'm sure it worked!!

Also, an American commercial which used to be on TV - picture of an egg - caption "This is your brain.... Picture of two eggs sizzling in a frying pan - caption saying "This is your brain on drugs" LOL.