• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

annoying sayings from non-drug users

The russian roulette analogy gets really fucking old after awhile

"Legal drugs are legal because they are safer"

"Marijuana kills brain cells"

Aside from the sayings I hate the looks people give you when they discover you use drugs. Like they are superior or something.

Addiction is a progressive disease.

Every time u use u are risking death.

those can both be true... depending on DOC. IV crystal and dope both strongly apply to those. most people push their doses ridiculously high because of tolerance before bottoming out or ODing.

but yes i agree that people take it way too seriously... like ODs are much more uncommon than straight people think

"If you weren't too busy getting high, than maybe you would have ___________"

Last edited:
^ I've had that one said to me. Usually "if you weren't addicted to drugs, you'd be able to hold down a job." They don't seem to realise that there are a lot of other reasons why I can't work besides drugs (physical and mental health, etc.)

"I'll never smoke drugs."
"You do weed?"

And when someone throws the term "dimebag" out there in reference to weed to seem as if they know what they're talking about. I understand that dimebags still exist and all, but around where I live, you're HIGHLY unlikely to find ANYONE who's willing to part with a dime. It's barely worth the effort.

"Smoking pot will make you into a lazy, unproductive retard."

and here's a good one.

"It just seems like if it [Marijuana] is legalized it's taking the easy way out when half your pros are more jail space and less money spent on jailing people with marijuana related drug charges. "

"I'd rather avoid a problem entirely than allow it get bigger in the first place, opening up the door for marijuana could just open the door for other legalization later."

classic slippery slope fallacy

"Marijuana is ridiculous."

"Yeah, well, he/she got into drugs..." (my mom, when she's talking about someone who started smoking marijuana, and of course she speaks with this insufferably pejorative tone of voice)

"I know someone who destroyed himself once he started smoking weed!"

And of course, the phrase "Drug free America." That one grates on my nerves to no end.

"weed is bad because it will cause you to do hard drugs"

The other day my friends roommate said she was against weed because apparently she knows two people who started out with weed and moved on to coke, heroin, etc. Yeah, because the two people you know represent everyone in the world who smokes weed 8)

people who call weed "dope."

here's another really annoying one i've heard more than once:

"I don't drink/get high, I go to parties to laugh at the people getting wasted."

wtf? So you are proud of being some weird creeper that sits in the background at parties, staring at everyone else who is having a good time? That's gotta be a huge buzzkill for some people; enjoying yourself at a great party and then having some "holier than thou" sober guy point out everything you do. The people that say this are the self proclaimed "intellectuals" who think they know everything and are above everyone else. The sad thing is that i've heard this a bunch of times, and even heard people go "yeah me too!" Yeah I really would rather be like you, the guy who needs to validate himself by telling people who like to have fun that they are dumb.

Once when I was walking down the street with some friends, some christian dudes that walk around town talking to people about god approached us. They asked us if we wanted to talk to god, my friend blurts out "God, thank you for the weed were about to smoke today". Their only words after that were "God loves you, but he doesn't love what your doing". Honestly that means nothing to me, I'm an atheist :)

" If you wanted to you'd just stop using, you just don't want to stop "

Well i'm sorry i get sick and can't move for 7 or more days when i come off dope. And even when i get past the sickness PAWS reels me back in. It's a little more complicated than most ppl understand.

this one actually has some truth behind it. i mean obviously once youre clean, youre not an addict. but that monster-fiend version of you will always be there, in love with drugs, hiding in the back of your mind IMHO

That depends on who you are. It took a long time for that person to be gone from the back of my mind but over time it does change---IF you BELIVE that it can change.

I aint gonna get too much into it in here, but think about the concept of "self fulfilling prophecy", and how it can really affect your ability to get and stay clean.

It also depends on your definition of "Addict." It aint merely whether u on or off the drugs. But all that is somethin for a very different thread.:)

And , ha ha, this one is more of a joke, but

Damn, I always really hated hearing this "drug saying" when i was like 5 minutes from the dope spot, about to pull off the highway into the hood, and I bleeped my man and he said:

"Naa yo, naa! Dont come up here yo, its hot out here right now! Stay where you at! Ill bleep you when its safe to come over here!"

;) 8)

Or another one
"Yo, i got that FIIIEE-YUH yo"

When i know damn well its just another variation on the same shitty bag he has had for the past week and a half:p

And of course, the phrase "Drug free America." That one grates on my nerves to no end.

The Partnership for a Drug Free America used to recieve funding from Phillip-Morris, Jim Beam, Anheuser-Busch, RJ Reynolds and several big pharma companies until they were called out on it in 1997.

So they dropped the alcohol and tobacco companies to save their image but still recieve funding from big pharma.

Fucking tools.

Cop--> "Where's the DOPE?!!"

Me--> "Officer, I dont have any heroin on me. I just have a little weed in my pocket."

Cop--> "Put the fucking dope on the car and walk slowly backwards with your hands on your head towards the sound of my voice."

Me--> "sigh"

"drugs make you think you have bugs in your skin. are you on drugs?" - my dad's girlfriend actually said that to me one day back when i was an active opiate addict, on the verge of nodding out and scratching just felt so good.

"you're just a fucking lazy dope fiend who doesn't care about anything but getting high."

"all of you junkies are the same. you don't have respect for anybody or anything, and you can't be trusted."

"ecstasy puts holes in your brain."

"acid stays in your spinal cord forever."

"after seven hits of acid, you are legally insane."

"don't you care about your future? you're going to die if you keep doing drugs."

Pilots have to have there spinal fluid checked in case they ever took psilocybin and when there flying and they crash the psilocybin stays for ever in your spine so when it breaks it will automatically make you trip.

The reason why you have to shit as soon as you snort meth is cause of the baby laxitive they cut it with

truevfuvkin strorors and I'm sorry I'm on diazepam so irvdoesntvmake sense

"come on, just pull yourself together"

"robitussin pills? are you smoking them?"