'How to delete BL account?' MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to delete your posts, go to your user cp, then click on your user name in the top right. Go to the "statistics" tab, and you'll be able to find all your posts and delete them.

i am very backward when it comes to computers and the guide to leaving is very vague, could you possibly delete my account for me? ths isn't my computer and for personal reasons i need to leave. i hope that you can do this for me. it would be very much appreciated,thanks.

sorry what i mean is i need to LEAVE bluelight, i should have made that clear,my apologies.

from the faq:
the faq said:
For personal reasons I need to cease all contact with the site and never return. How do I leave Bluelight?

Go to myBL and modify your profile to remove all personal details. While changing your profile, choose "No" to receiving all types of email messages. Review your thread subscriptions and be sure to unsubscribe from everything. That way you will not be contacted again about anything relating to Bluelight. Be sure to log out and remove all Bluelight-related bookmarks from your computer. Congratulations, you are no longer a Bluelighter.

But what about my posts? Can the administrators delete all of my posts for me?

No, we will not delete all of your posts. Everyone is free to manually delete or edit their own posts. It is the user's responsibility to take care of their own business. Do not expect the administrators to solve your problems for you.

Why won't you delete my account for me?

Again, this is the user's responsibility. No one forced you to register and no one is forcing you to leave.

No, but you don't understand! This is an emergency!

Our experience has shown that most of these requests come in the middle of some, possibly drug-induced moment of paranoia. If you're worried about what you've posted here, take some time away from the computer. Maybe it will seem like less of a problem the next day.
'mybl' is a typo - you are looking for 'user cp' in the marquis at the top of your screen. if a friendly admin sees this, perhaps they could fix that - i know you have nothing better to do :)

alasdair

If you want to delete your posts, go to your user cp, then click on your user name in the top right. Go to the "statistics" tab, and you'll be able to find all your posts and delete them.

i can find the posts,but how do you delete them? i know this sounds stupid but if i don't know how to leave bluelight then the next best thing is to delete the posts :\ and i don't even know how to do that.this isn't my computer and i need to do this for privacy reasons,seriously.

In the bottom bar of your posts there's an "edit" button. click on that, and "delete" is one of the options (or you can just delete the content, type "nvm" and save it. If it's someone who's computer you've been using finding out about BL that you're worried about, shouldn't you be deleting your cookies and internet history rather than your posts?

at the top of the page click on search, then find all posts by username, enter your username,

click on post. edit post. delete.

do that 205 times.

i think thats the only way to do it on BL, which sucks balls.

sad to see you go scrooloose, hope things work out for ya

THANKS WT !!!

look i know this sounds a bit of a paranoid rant,but many people have access to this pc and if the"wrong" person finds out certain things i have said on here i believe they could be damaging or be used against me.

sometimes i don't think i was born under a lucky star and could just imagine this happening to me. BL STAFF PLEASE DON'T SEND ANY E-MAILS TO ME.

i know i sound a nuisance but it's nothing personal against anyone on here when posts dissappear this is a great forum and i shall still look in every day,i just need to delete posts sorry about all this <3

BL STAFF PLEASE DON'T SEND ANY E-MAILS TO ME.

When you're done, change the email addy in your account to something else and you won't be getting emails from us. This is the only way.

some threads don't have the edit/delete options,why is this?

If they were locked by a moderator, or if the thread was moved to an archive, then the member cannot 'edit' (or delete) them anymore. In those cases, PM a mod for the forum and they may help you out (usually they will, if they see the sincere effort on your part for the posts you can edit).

thanks,will try and get round to it when i get a bit more privacy in this house,it's a bit "open" if you know what i mean and everything sometimes is staggered and i have to be discreet,oh for a quiet life......if only.... gotta be a bit careful now cos peeps are floating about

I'm sure you're aware of this, but remember also to clear cookies and browser history, and always log-out of BL when you leave the site, that way no-one will see that you've been visiting BL. (And if you log-out, they might see you've been here, but won't be able to tell that you are scrooloose).

You also sound worried about someone seeing your emails - do they have your password? I'd suggest changing it, if so.

no-one knows my password or name but people know i browse this site and some know i'm registered but don't know my username,i always log out and use ccleaner.What do i need to do in"user cp" to just become an ex-bluelighter,it's so unclear and vague for computer illiterates [me]

Last edited:
^Ex-bluelighter is a status given to those who have been banned. I guess you could do something bad enough to get banned, but I doubt that the mods would appreciate that. Even if you were banned all your posts would remain.

What are you so worried about? As long as you log out of your accounts you're entitled to your privacy bro...

Maybe you're just smoking too much crack and really paranoid?

i've deleted the most worrying posts and may delete more but want to know how to leave without resorting to calling a moderator a labrador sucking whore if that makes sense.

This issue has come up many times before, and as alasdair pointed out, there is info on it in the Greenlighters Guide posted at the top of Support. You cant delete your account, the only way to essentially get rid of it is to delete all your posts, PM mods to get rid of the ones that you cant such as in locked threads, and change your email and pw. Thats the closest you can get, there is no "delete" button.

the password and username are safe but the e-mail address used to register is on this computer and is known by someone else and i got rumbled buying substances online because i am stupid and they looked at my e-mails.it's the same e-mail addy as the one used on here.

can i change the e-mail addy to a totally made up one that doesn't officially exist,i mean just think up one off the top of my head and type it in here so as to change the one already in here?would it be accepted or would it say it don't exist?

can i just change this to a bogus one but still access my account or would this mess things up even more and i won't be able to access my account atall because i used a bogus e-mail?

Status
Not open for further replies.