'How to delete BL account?' MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just change the password to your e-mail account and they won't be able to access it any more.

thanks for the reply yerg i shall do that

i dont know if i was being clear but can i type a totally made up e-mail to access my BLUELIGHT ACCOUNT or wont it be accepted because its bogus
i mean just change it to a bogus one in my BLUELIGHT ACCOUNT change the one in USER CP to a made up one will it be accepted though it dont exist

i think that seems to have worked [see above post] seems to be ok i hope i haven't confused myself even more. i just typed in a made up email addy for my BLUELIGHT ACCOUNT this won't mess/confuse issues will it?

why does it now say my account is not activated in a big pink box at the top of page?

Last edited:
It will be because you need to validate the new email address you have entered but if it is not real/you don't have access to it this obv won't be possible. If they don't know your bluelight username just remove any posts that you feel identify you and stop worrying. I have a feeling that you, like the majority of people in the OMG DELETE EVERYTHING phase are worrying more than necessary. Hope everything works out.

great,so now i can't access my own statistics. i suppose this is because of the bogus e-mail. wtf is going on now? i don't mean to sound rude.

now i can't choose to delete my posts :X

i know i am annoying,i just don't understand i work out how to do one thing and then lose that priviledge this is so frustrating.

it must be like teaching a three year old to read

Last edited:
I think you need to supply a valid email, you'd have to change it back to an email address you can access and then validate it from there. If you wish to change the email to a non-existent one do it after you have done everything else you need.

i realise that at times i am a bit of a fucking loony,but i suppose if no-one else knows my password or username then it would be virtually impossible for anyone in this house who uses this computer could find out that it's me making these posts,especially if the e-mail is invalid as it is now right?

i will look into making up a new e-mail addy and try to be discreet as in not letting anyone know it and making up my own private password. i can't just change the original valid one or the password because it will arouse suspicion because xxxxxxxxxxxxx was the one who originally set it up for me. i suppose in a way i'm learning something albeit very little....................trust no-one......................the rantings of a mad man ........i know.....:!

cancelling a BL account?

is this possible? Considering leaving BL, and if i do, i would want this account cancelled.

*Merged* and now I am going to create a megathread out of this...

LSDMDMA&8524974 said:
is this possible? Considering leaving BL, and if i do, i would want this account cancelled.
from the faq:
the faq said:
For personal reasons I need to cease all contact with the site and never return. How do I leave Bluelight?

Go to myBL and modify your profile to remove all personal details. While changing your profile, choose "No" to receiving all types of email messages. Review your thread subscriptions and be sure to unsubscribe from everything. That way you will not be contacted again about anything relating to Bluelight. Be sure to log out and remove all Bluelight-related bookmarks from your computer. Congratulations, you are no longer a Bluelighter.

But what about my posts? Can the administrators delete all of my posts for me?

No, we will not delete all of your posts. Everyone is free to manually delete or edit their own posts. It is the user's responsibility to take care of their own business. Do not expect the administrators to solve your problems for you.

Why won't you delete my account for me?

Again, this is the user's responsibility. No one forced you to register and no one is forcing you to leave.

No, but you don't understand! This is an emergency!

Our experience has shown that most of these requests come in the middle of some, possibly drug-induced moment of paranoia. If you're worried about what you've posted here, take some time away from the computer. Maybe it will seem like less of a problem the next day.
'mybl' is a typo - you are looking for 'user cp' in the marquis at the top of your screen.

alasdair

^Thanks, I realize now that is at least the second time you've pointed out that "myBL" typo... I'll go fix that... :eek:

/TLB moment 8) ;)

This whole "can't delete your post rule" is fucking gay. Bluelight needs to be sensitive to its tin-foil hat wearing Dale Gribble types.
dalegribble.jpg

We all have times were we need to fly low and avoid the radar...

who says you can't delete your own posts, and how could that possibly affect your sexuality?

the best way to stay under the radar is to NOT post shit publically on the internet for the whole word to see.

who says you can't delete your own posts
Its a pain in the ass to do this manually. If you want post to be permanent then you shouldn't be able to delete them manually. If bluelight was interested they could set it up so people could delete all their post in one click.

and how could that possibly affect your sexuality?

Gay can mean
1. Happy.
2. Homosexual.
3. A generic insult.

the best way to stay under the radar is to NOT post shit publically on the internet for the whole word to see.

Yes but you never know if something is going to come up. Let's say you hear the police are watching you or something... Maybe yesterday a bluelight account was a good idea, today its not such a good idea....

I like you felix but I think your much smarter than what you just posted.

If we made "delete your account in just one click!" do you have any idea how many people we'd get coming to us saying "Please save my account! Is there any way to ressurect all my posts?!? I was totally smashed last night and now everything is gone! Halp!" or "If you dont get my account back I'm totally going to troll your a$$ until I get my way" Trust me, people having to go through and do the work themselves benefits more than it hurts. We've never had an issue of someone getting into trouble solely for the things they have posted here, and if they do, as felix mentioned, maybe they should be more careful about what they post on a public forum.

I don't want to come off like I'm attacking the moderators. So far the moderators have defended a policy I don't agree with. Hopefully I will change the mind of whoever is in charge.

If we made "delete your account in just one click!" do you have any idea how many people we'd get coming to us saying "Please save my account! Is there any way to ressurect all my posts?!

Valid point. You could always tell them they can manually repost every one of their statements. Or you could create a restore button that works for up to a week after you have deleted your statements.

"If you dont get my account back I'm totally going to troll your a$$ until I get my way"

Well there will always be trolls and I don't think changing this policy will affect their numbers. You guys could piss people off by not letting them delete their post in an easy fashion and create trolls that way.

maybe they should be more careful about what they post on a public forum.

Well you may think that until you want to delete your account one day...

The ability to "undelete" everything for a set amount of time is an interesting idea, however these are things an admin will have to offer more ideas for. To my knowledge, the system we currently use doesnt have the ability to "delete/undelete" accounts in any sort of convenient way... I dont know much about programming so I dont know how easy or difficult it would be to design something like that, maybe an admin or site engineer will be able to offer a better explination.

Status
Not open for further replies.