Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Zolpidem - New Experience

Mstripps

Greenlighter
Ok so last night my boyfriend and I took 10mg of Zolpidem orally and snorted 5mg. After about five minutes, we both felt like we were in a cartoon. I personally felt light and as if I were floating across the room. He felt as if the ground was moving with him as he walked. Then, shortly after he felt very nauseous and threw up. I did not throw up the entire time and did not feel naseous at all. He often throws up when on pills though so it was nothing different for him. I think he just has a sensitive stomach. But affter about 7 minutes I saw some very intense and vivid hallucinations. My blanket looked like a group of people huddled together and the ceiling was creating pictures. Everything was constantly moving and I remember clearly everything I saw. Mostly blankets and towels giving me weird faces. It was a very interesting drug and it was my first time taking it. I reccomend to try it if you're into that kind of thing but be warned because it can make you sick. Try not to eat before of after taking it. Also we had watched a scary movie beforehand and that messed with my mind a little during the hallucinations. So try not to watch anything too creepy. As far as staying awake, I didn't find it to be a problem however my boyfriend was tired before and fell into a comatose of sleeping hallucinations. I fell asleep after about an hour simply because I wanted the tripp to end haha. Other than that, fun stuff :)

I am thinking of trying a first time smallish dose like this. Is it any harder to control yourself, act normal if you had to, and not freak out on Zolpidem, than it would be on a low dose of acid or mushrooms?

Well when I took it, I was all over the place. Haha and I freaked out a lot so for me, no. But everyone is different. I would try it at a time when you wouldn't have to worry about your surroundings.

how is this possible? like its just a benzo pretty much how do u trip off it? Ive got plenty if i ate 30mg i wouldnt even feel that sedated.

Well I could tell you how it works... When you take a sleeping pill it makes your brain produce the chemicals that make you dream. Which causes your hallucinations and usual lack of memory. So basically it's like a walking dream... Kinda thing. Haha. I'm no expert but, I know for sure it was a crazy ass trip.
It's weird though. It effects you in a more intense trippy way when you snort it. It has a pretty bad burn but it hits fast. It took no more than five minutes after I snorted it. If you just ingest it, it doesn't seem to have the same effect. I wouldn't snort more than 10mgs though. I had trouble with 5mg.

I snorted about 5mg - 10mg once and didn't really feel anything. Is it true that croakers are more likely to write a script for Ambien classic benzos (Xanax, Temazepam) from a doctor for sleeping issues / insomnia due to them being "safer" and "non-habit forming, unlike benzos"? I think it's just a matter of higher dosing.

@anxiousMoFo - My doctor gave me Ambien AFTER the Valium and Temazepam he was giving me wasn't helping me sleep. However I originally was being given Valium for anxiety, but I also had complaints of insomnia. When I said the benzos weren't helping me sleep, he added Ambien to the mix.

The very first time I took Ambien, I tripped hard. Moving objects everywhere, euphoria, felt like I was stoned off my ass, it was awesome!! I could not believe the effects I was getting from this prescription drug that is basically handed out like candy. Every time I've ever taken it thereafter, though, I haven't gotten those effects again. I've snorted up to 30mg in a night, only to just end up passing out and forgetting what I did. Not really sure why, but yeah, I can't trip on Ambien anymore. And no, I RARELY use it

Hmm, well I only tried it once but I read that the tolerance you build up with Ambien is rediculously crazy. After the first trip, it's hard to get to that level again if not impossible. I'm not sure why but I'll try it again and let you know if I experience anything...

Hmm, well I only tried it once but I read that the tolerance you build up with Ambien is rediculously crazy. After the first trip, it's hard to get to that level again if not impossible. I'm not sure why but I'll try it again and let you know if I experience anything...

This thread made me want to give zolpidem another shot, and I was planning on taking a long nap when I got home from work anyway. I railed up 10mg, and felt stoned-ish for about 15 minutes, and then felt completely sober. I railed another 10mg, same story. No visuals, no euphoria, nothing enjoyable at all. I put on some TV, watched for a little while, put my head down and went to sleep.

Also, a side note, I remember 100% of it. Something tells me my tolerance is through the roof and that benzos most certainly do have a cross tolerance.

Sad to know that such an awesome drug no longer has positive effects on me. I wish there was a way to test yourself (without simply taking a whole bunch of the drug and seeing what happens) and see what level your tolerance is actually at for each drug. Like, some little test kit where you test your piss or saliva or something, and it tells you your tolerance to opiates, benzos, etc..

Meh... :\

Lol, that kind of test would be perfect haha! Seriously, someone needs to invent it. But yeah, I've heard from a few people that they can no longer get the euphoric effect after the first time. It sucks because I have so much of it that I don't use now. :/
Oh well... time to move on I suppose. Lol.

Lol, that kind of test would be perfect haha! Seriously, someone needs to invent it. But yeah, I've heard from a few people that they can no longer get the euphoric effect after the first time. It sucks because I have so much of it that I don't use now. :/
Oh well... time to move on I suppose. Lol.

The first time I took it I got euphoria, fairly intense visuals, and was actually stimulated as a result of these effects, and that was 10mg oral. The second time, I believe I insufflated 10mg, got effects similar to being realllllly stoned on cannabis with minimal visuals. After that, absolutely nothing.

Hm, I find this interesting... So you got effects the second time but they just weren't as euphoric if at all? Very interesting drug. Haha.

Sorry, Another question(s):

Has anyone combined Zolpidem with Alcohol (i would drink after i came down from the Zolpidem not during the experience) and what was the outcome?

Do you lose any motor skills or physical ability while on Zolpidem?

How closely comparable are Zolpidem and traditional tryptamines (psilocybin or LSD)?

I am thinking of trying a first time smallish dose like this. Is it any harder to control yourself, act normal if you had to, and not freak out on Zolpidem, than it would be on a low dose of acid or mushrooms?

sadly, ambien is like neither. should you take enough to hallucinate, you are in absolutetly no mind to control yourself. you might see shit but youre plain fucked.

I had gotten these pink 20mg ambien tablets one time. I found that after snorting two, i would vaguely remember being REALLY fucked up, but pretty much insta-pass out about 5 minutes after snorting. Although 40mg in retrospect was WAY too much.

Last Night my boyfriend and I gave it another shot. I snorted 5mg and took 5mg orally. No hallucinations but I was definitely under some high... He only took 5 mg orally and felt a complete body high. It had been a few weeks since the last time. I don't remember much of the small details about the high, but he said that I was a complete downer the whole time :/ He threw up again, but I think that's just his body's reaction to the drug. So I wouldn't necessarily say that you can't get high off of it twice... it's just not as fun the second time.

zolpidem is some weird ass shit. I like how you said you felt like you were in a cartoon. I can picture that so clearly haha, thats how I always feel.

Yeah! Lol, everything just felt surreal. Cartoon was the best adjective I could think of. :) But I certainly agree that this drug is whack! Haha

^Have you taken it before? I found the effects to drastically decrease after the first time.

For me Zolpidem made it like I was on a ship in some rough waters.
Everything swaying from side to side, drunken balance and the texture of objects flowed like water.
other than that I got no hallucinations like some people describe. I was defiantly messed up though, was a good experience.