• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opana 10mg IR IV

unsui

Bluelighter
so i just Iv'd around 3mg to test the waters. i last took suboxone 17 hrs ago and i have had a pretty big tolerance to opiates despite being on suboxone now (i used to have a heroin Iv habit)...but anyway i couldn't find much on a dose for opana besides 10mg = 80mg of oxy and if that were the case i'd have to be slamming 20mg or so of oxymorphone and that just doesn't seem right. 2-3 mg just gave me a slight rush, so i'm going to go ahead with another 3 mg or so, but is this a waste? to keep redosing shot after shot until i'm high? i'd rather just know a correct dosage so i can get that wonderful rush i've read about. i've heard people with tolerances ODing off 5mg and i don't want to be one of those people...if anybody can give me advice or just discuss their Iv opana experiences i'd greatly appreciate it! thank you

I would try more for sure,I just shot 75 milligrams of morphine prepped from 25 mg instant release pills and got got a good rush,..I would definitely shoot 10 milligrams of Oxymorphone.Why not start with 5 milligrams?If you only got a baby rush from 3 mg's I cant see it being much more intense with 5 milligrams.with my tolerance I would try 10 off the bat.I used my tolerance so you can compare yours and make a choice.

thank you! i've just heard people OD off 5mg w/ a tolerance which is why i have been hesitant. usually it takes me .3-.4g shot of black tar from cali to get high. and i can probably smoke about 5mg of fentanyl and be nodding the fuck out, but still alive. oxycodone usually took me 160-240mg orally to get high at my highest tolerance and my tolerance may very well still be the same as it doesn't appeared to have gone down. i always end up relapsing to get a rush and always underscore because im afraid i'll OD, but my tolerance seems the same as before!

how long should i wait in b/w shots? will i get high if i even shoot up an hour later? i also have some valium that i'd like try combine at some point; have you ever tried that combo? my left arm that i shot into hurt really bad when i stuck it into the site (my veins are pretty fucked from past use - may even be collapsed but starting to come back again), but i managed to do it without missing. yet it's all red still around the injection site and the other arm i did it into is fine with just a mark...did i miss or something? it never really hurt when pushing the plunger in, only before pushing the plunger and maybe a lil towards the end of the shot as i pushed it slowly...

i have this 2-3mg pile from the 1st pill i crushed, but i will try crushing another half and maybe IVing 7.5mg or so. or do you think i should just do the whole 10mg and push the plunger slowly towards middle-end part of the shot to see where i'm at physically...?

I think 10mg of Opana IV'ed is probably equivalent to at least 80mg's OC. IMO 10mg's of Opana railed equals 40-80mg's of OC so I would say IV'ed would be more like 80-160mgs.

Oxymorphone is so powerful my usual advice is to always be very cautious with it, but you seem sure of your tolerance being very large. You can get high redosing, those who say you cant are full of shit. You can do it however you want, just be safe, do as large of a dose you feel safe with and then re-dose afterwards.

As far as how long to wait in between shots, thats tough. You could do it as if youre on a PCA machine in a hospital and dose every 6 minutes or so, but thats usually using a very small dose over and over. IV opiates take affect quickly, so you should be able to tell whether you need more or not after 5 to 10 minutes, but be careful because things can creep up on you.

Last edited:
yeah with your tolerance,Im sure you'll be fine with 10 mg's,maybe skip on the valium this time until you find your oxymorphone dose though..

about it being red at the injection site,I'm not to sure,but it might be a histamine reaction similar to morphine,sometimes I'll even break out into hives if Im really dopesick and do a fat morph shot,and I never miss shots so it aint that.

thank you guys! i think i'll try doing 7.5mg and if it doesnt get me to where i want to be i'll just eat a couple valium and try 10mg next time!

I would wait as long as possible before doing a shot. I remember one time I did half of one of the 10s and then like 2 hours later did another 1 and the rush was greatly diminished because I didnt wait long enough

ok, I recently have been shooting oxymorphone 10 mg IR. I also shot up oxycontin 40 mg for the first time, the night prior to shooting the opana. I can say with confidence that the 2 mg I.V of opana was a stronger shot than 40 mg of OC. This shit is super strong, it's scary really, and your tolerance raises pretty fast too. The first day of banging these, I did a total of like, 15 mg. 5 days later, I'm shooting a bit over 40 mg, either 7.5 mg a shot, or 10 mg a shot. I know when these run out its back on the suboxone for me, because I don't want to even know how many bags of dope I'd need to start buying to maintain this habit.

yeah i guess i underestimated my tolerance again as i was able to slam 10mg followed by 10mg of valium and another 5mg opana shot with no problems. i think 20mg would be perfect the perfect dose...

ok, I recently have been shooting oxymorphone 10 mg IR. I also shot up oxycontin 40 mg for the first time, the night prior to shooting the opana. I can say with confidence that the 2 mg I.V of opana was a stronger shot than 40 mg of OC. This shit is super strong, it's scary really, and your tolerance raises pretty fast too. The first day of banging these, I did a total of like, 15 mg. 5 days later, I'm shooting a bit over 40 mg, either 7.5 mg a shot, or 10 mg a shot. I know when these run out its back on the suboxone for me, because I don't want to even know how many bags of dope I'd need to start buying to maintain this habit.

I completely agree with you Z. Ive been using Opana for a long time now and before that I used oxycodone. The two do not compare strengthwise. Once you get to the point where you are railing 40mgs+ of Opana you can forget about realistically using oxycodone anymore. thats the main reason I tell people here to be sure they know what they are doing using Opana, once youre tolerant to it it will be very hard to go back to something else such as oxycodone.

When I see people downplay the strength of Opana I attribute it to two things, either they underestimate their tolerance, or something went wrong with how they administered it. I think that could be dangerous because if someone underestimates Opana they could be dead. Thats why I always advise caution with using it. And really it should only be used by those who are already veterans with oxycodone.

Last edited:

It is going to be hard to switch back to subs once you are maintained on a high does of oxymorphone for a while. I used to switch from 200mg of oxycodone to 2mg of sub a day and feel great. Now, after using between 60-100mg of opana sniffed a day, no amount of bupe will make me feel good. It takes a slight edge off, but I still feel 75% of the dope sickness symptoms for around 2 days. Then I am back to normal on the bupe.

I am curious if others have felt this happen to them?

I have a question....I thought Opanas were impossible to IV? Thought they were made "abuse proof" with their design?

Maybe I'm missing something!

i can probably smoke about 5mg of fentanyl and be nodding the fuck out, but still alive
Fuck about, I could stay high all day long on that.

It is going to be hard to switch back to subs once you are maintained on a high does of oxymorphone for a while. I used to switch from 200mg of oxycodone to 2mg of sub a day and feel great. Now, after using between 60-100mg of opana sniffed a day, no amount of bupe will make me feel good. It takes a slight edge off, but I still feel 75% of the dope sickness symptoms for around 2 days. Then I am back to normal on the bupe.

I am curious if others have felt this happen to them?

yo dude, that's exactly what happened to me! I never had a problem switching from smack to bupe, but with this opana, it's like the bupe hardly works. Even today I don't even feel that great. suboxone used to make me feel not just sick, but alive, and now it doesn't even work that great with withdrawals for this opana stuff. And what's even stranger, is that on the second day of being on suboxone, I shot 2 mg, and I started sweating, and had to take a shit immediately! those symptoms left me after about ten minutes, but what the fuck??? (note: when I initially jumped on the suboxone I had gone into precipitated withdrawals as well, but this was a day later, after I had been through that.)

careful with these bad boys they're all good and fun in the beginning......... ever since my small habit injecting these, i need at least 20mg In a shot to get the same type of rush/high i used to get from shooting 5mg.

im sure my tolerance would go back down but i go in through 90 of these in a couple weeks then back on suboxone then back to opana a vicious cycle every month :(

You americans are very lucky to have subo><one. It sucks when the well runs dry in canada. I remember when i lived in conneticutt, i didnt really care when I ran out, alls I needed to do is save enough money to buy a few stopsigns(8mg subbies). Those pills go a long ways, they are cheap, and they are everywheres.

We dont have them up here. I heard they are available in vancover, toronto, and montreal, but i dont know if its true. We have no opana up here and its very difficult to find in the northeast usa as well.

Only you can know the best dose to work for you. You said you allready took 3 mg's to "test the water"...well, judge from that dose and how you felt to determine how much you need to take to get that rush you were talking about. Just be extremely careful and make sure you don't overdo it.

You can always take more, but you cant take less.

i already did that shit like 3 months ago man. i so wish i had a 20mg shot of opana right about now...

what have u guys found to be the best technique in iving the opanas IR 10mgs? any comments?