Pages load incredibly slow if at all...

Ah okay, as long as everyone else is having the same issues I don't mind. I was getting concerned it was my computer/browser in particular since I had some overheating issues last week. Now that I know, I'm not all too concerned and I'll deal with it :) Thanks guys!

Hey guys,

Can I get some assistance with this, just to be sure this is the result of server load, next time you find the site running really, really slowly, with pages not loading, can you add the current date and time to this thread in GMT/UTC time?

You can use this converter here:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Also, if you could let us know how long the problems persist for.

Roger WilCo, Big H.

fizzle said:
I didnt see it, what is it?
Its a woman using a very old computer. It looks like early seventies. Next time I see it I'll save it for showing you later on.

^I actually saw it, Chris showed it to me, thank you though! :)

Will do Hoptis, thanks for all your help and hard work keeping this place going!

Ok, Currently Active Users: 1364 (187 members and 1177 guests) Current time is 20:22 GMT, so far only for about the last 10 min (seems like it started rather suddenly). I'll get back to you on how long it persists.

Edit: Well, it seems to be fine already. I dont know why it happened for that little bit.

21:58-21:59 UTC November 1, 2010 no response for about thirty seconds, Tried opening a couple pages one came up "Bad request:Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand." Most users ever online was about 2 minutes before this Most users ever online was 1,557, Today at 16:56. My 16:56 is UTC 21:56.

2nd incident---22:28 UTC just starting to come back now 22:34. Very slow and a new peak use was hit again probably a few times since I first part.

Last edited by a moderator:
22:30ish. Only lasted a few minutes.

Edit: Non-GMT. Sorry, but I can't figure out how to get EST to GMT.

Edit again: Approximately 02:30 GM time.

Last edited:
8.52 GMT - the main page took several seconds to load, subsequent pages opened fine.

i've noticed this problem is worse when i try to view BL from my cell phone; it frequently times out and takes several refreshes to load. i'll try to pay attention to the time in the future.

22:30ish. Only lasted a few minutes.

Edit: Non-GMT. Sorry, but I can't figure out how to get EST to GMT.

If you click that link that hoptis provided, scroll down and under where it says all the world times it will give the current GMT time

If you click that link that hoptis provided, scroll down and under where it says all the world times it will give the current GMT time
I had went to that link and got really confused with all the cities listed--Thanks for the clarification!

03/11/2010: 00:09 GMT

Slow/time-outs. Been happening a lot with me so I came in search of a thread like this.

Also; can someone post the server maintenance pic; I don't know this Chris person.

Hi guys,

First time I've seen this thread, but I've been having similar problems over the past few weeks. I actually started a thread in Support, but by the time I'd written it...I timed out and was unable to reconnect to the site! :D

I can confirm that the problem is replicated over more than one computer, both wired and wirelessly and that Firefox appears to be the worse when compared to IE (but not always).

In particular, I especially have a problem when I first make contact with the site. I can be waiting anywhere between 30-60 seconds for the initial page to appear. I have replicated this in IE to a lesser extent. After logging in, the majority of pages load normally most of the time.

About 20 minutes ago (23:10-23:20, 02/11/10) the site was timing out, connection resetting.

^I've noticed that it seems worse on FF as well. I havent tried it on IE very many times, but the few I have it seemed better on IE, I dont know if that was just coincidence or not though.

Ftr I usually use FF.

Currently 00:10 GMT, just had to reload the page several times then finally got a "bad request" error.

i've noticed it using IE, FF (linux and windows) and chrome. and skyfire on android and safari on the iphone.

I just got a bad request error again, but again its when I first log in. Someone else mentioned that thats when they have the hardest time, thats the same for me. First logging in for the day is when I have to refresh the most, and when I am just prepared to wait for it because I know its going to have problems.
^^^
|
|
|
|
That is what I meant by this
|
|
|
|
V But you explained it better :p

Last edited:
Yeah, just to clarify (was in a rush last night), the problem eases up after the initial BL page renders, rather than after I've logged in.

Logging in is the secondary action after I make contact with BL. It's the initial contact that results in a slow page load. Once it finally loads, the pages render at normal speed, irrespective of whether I log in or not.

Funnily enough. Today was the first day in almost two weeks where the problem didn't occur.