Pages load incredibly slow if at all...

I only find a problem with the Animated GIF thread.

I use FF, but it can kill it sometimes.

Otherwise no problems here UK/Wales :)

If one ends up using BL on a very slow connection like dial-up or an impaired connection, you might want to kill the loading of pictures in your browser or through BL settings. In userCP you can shut off images from loading through the 'edit options' then scroll to 'Thread Display Options' within that category I would unselect all three while on a slow connection 'Show Signatures', "Show Avatars', and 'Show Images (including attached images and images in

Why is bluelight so slow for me?

I have a pretty fast internet connection. I have clocked my internet speeds at over 30 Mb/s. So why is it that bluelight is going so damn slow for me?

Have you made it so my speed is slower that everyone elses because I was banned and its a precaution so I dont do some crazy shit?

If so, I dont care. Thats cool. Just let me know, because its bothering the shit outta me and Ive been trying everything to fix it.

or is bluelight slow period?

Have you tried another browser or another computer on the same connection? Someone with a similar problem found a big improvement by switching from Firefox to Chrome a while back and indicated the problem was with one computer and not others. Most people w/ Firefox are having no problems but some settings or addons may have problems with vBulletin.

Have you made it so my speed is slower that everyone elses because I was banned and its a precaution so I dont do some crazy shit?

haha, no :)

BL has been moving slow at times over the past week or so - trust me we've also felt it. All I can say for now is that it's likely not something browser, style, location,...-specific (well unless you have a specific thing and you're being hit twice 8o) and that hopefully it will either *magically* fix itself soon or we'll have a look under the hood in the near future.

Sympathy and empathy to anyone feeling as if BL's being a tortoise.

LOL That would be pretty cool if you could make it so certain members had slower speeds. You guys should look into that.

Thanks for the help.:)

They would never throttle a member's connection as a punitive measure, they would just prioritize all the other member's bandwidth as a reward for good behavior. ;)

Mines been slow too :( It seems like several people are having the same problem... hopefully hoptis will wave his magic fingers soon to fix it.

^^
Looks like it's bin 3 months since the last prob with this but just wanna say having the same probs as you guys for the last week and am worried that it could be that a third party is involved that is trying to get info? Is that unhealthy paranoia? Don't wanna leave the site but its freaking me out!!!
H O
edtree

btw were in oztrailer.

Last edited:
Its not likely a third party at all. Almost zero chance. Servers with big loads and heavily utilized databases like we have here, periodically have slow downs from heavy use or ongoing maintenance. Periods like this with slowdowns and glitches actually can happen a lot more on less trafficked boards and wikis. Some "turbulence" is expected to happen once in a with every server.

Yep, I have also noticed it getting slow again lately.

Maybe time for another prune?

Thanks Enki. Dunno y but it sure was giving me the jitters almost like an internal shark alarm but wanting to stay on like wanting to stay out for that last wave.

I am getting this again too, in Boston area, USA... Incredibly slow on my incredibly fast connection! This happened a few years back similarly, where pages just would not load. I get timed out about 50% of the time today, seemingly during peak hours...

Geez Enki... I don't think I need to visit Support anymore the way you're going. ;)

It's definitely related to traffic. When I find that next million dollars, I'll add a few more servers ;)

Yeah, I've been having issues lately (past week or so) with the pages loading incredibly slow, but NOTHING compared to how slow they were (and weren't) loading when I originally posted this thread.

What the hell happened to bluelight???

Ok I've been coming to bluelight daily for almost 10 years now. In the past when I clicked on my Bluelight bookmark the main page would come up in 3 seconds or less.... now when I try to open bluelight it sits there loading for almost 30 seconds. Dont tell me its something on my end because I have blazing fast broadband speeds at roughly 30 megabits download when tested. ALSO this only happens with the Bluelight website, all other pages pop up instantly. Another fucked up issue is that once the page opens and I click on a thread, sometimes the thread opens... other times it sits there and says it timed out.... I then cant open any threads and am forced to try again 30 minutes later .... WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON???:X

Did you bother looking for the answer, even on the first page? Because here in Support, on the first page, is a thread that deals with this very issue. :)

*merge*

Sudden Issues with Loading BL - 400 bad request

Hey guys, lately everytime I try to load "new posts" or do anything while on the BL page it gives me "Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Additionally, a 400 Bad Request error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I have to usually type www.bluelight.ru in my browser maybe 3 different times until this stops happening. Then, it works, but its a pain in the ass when I'm on the CD page, try to mod a thread, then have it happen and have to reload BL and try again. I also cannot really use the "new posts" button at all, for I get that same text I posted earlier appearing more or less every single time.

I thought it was a glitch, but my browser is fine (normally use firefox, but tried safari and the exact same thing happened) and it's been going on for about a week now...I figured it was a temporary thing, but its been happening long enough that I think something might be up. Any ideas?

I've gotten this of late too, but I've gotten it less since early morning Wednesday( North America early morning Wednesday) when some maintenance was done. The site has been speedier w/ fewer problems for me for two days now.

Edit: I'm getting the slow again. It might be mostly about the fact there are close to 1200 active users atm.
Nope that's not it active users went up to 1264 and BL got speedier.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been a problem for a lot of people, myself included. Like enki mentioned there was some maintenance done earlier in the week, and that helped for a bit, but it seems to be slowing down again... :\ I dont really know what else to tell you right now except that its not just you, and the problem is being looked in to. Sorry it makes modding hard, I've been having the same issues :X