• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

200mg Morphine?

allecw

Bluelighter
I usually get perc or hydro 10's from a friend of mine and take 30mg of either twice a day. The hydros dont do much anymore but there better than nothing.

So im about to go out of town in a couple of days and he tells me all that is avalable is 200mg morphine. I assume there time released, and there blue. I have been told by friends that they gel up real bad too.

He acts like there just as good as oc's. I dont feel this way. I have only taken maybe 20mg once before i think and i didnt feel anything. It might of been 10mg ir. But still this was before I had a tolerance.

But what im wondering is what kind of difference should i expect? How many mg's would I need to take for it to be like 30mg oxy? Does it feel similar to oxy? Will it give me a totally different kind of high? Will I be hyper and talkative like my oxy or will i be like a zombie? I am also rx'd klonopin. Can I take it with morphine like I do with the percs? small amounts like 0.5 mg.

I also want to add that I am only willing to take them orally. No iv or plugging.

If you're only willing to take them orally, theres no point in taking them. Morphine sucks imo. Also the gelling up doesn't come into much play if you swallow it/chew it up.

well im not that opposed to plugging. its just where i will be it will be next to impossible to put anything in my butt!

i also have ibs and the idea of plugging or anything to do with stuff going in my butt has always freaked me out! maybe im a little bit more freaked out by plugging than i should be.

is plugging morphine close to iv morphine? when you say its useless oral you mean i will get no effects at all? it will atleast hold the withdrawal at bay right?

Of course it will keep withdrawls away, hell break it into several pieces and it will still do that. It's just that oral morphine isn't alot of fun.

I used to have a hook-up for MSContin 200 mg and they actually are good. Sure MSContin sucks orally and the time release blows but at higher doses like 200mg you do get a nice opioid buzz. I consider doses lower to be near worthless but at or above that dose it becomes recreational.

You asked how many you'd need to take to compare 30 mg Oxycodone. Well, a 200 mg MSContin is a little more powerful than that dose in my opinion and it will for sure keep your withdrawals at bay.

The high is different though, its much more sedating than stimulating and euphoric like Oxycodone. For a good nod you'd need to take more like 300 mg though.

Wow I would actually have to take the whole pill to feel something! I was thinking that maybe I could break it into four pieces and take like 40-50mg at a time after grinding the fourth with a hose clamp to defeat the time release. So if I just popped the whole 200mg it would be like taking 30mg oxy ir?

No, you do not need to eat 200 mgs to feel something. Actually I would recommend exactly what you were planning.

I don't know if it is correct, but I have read that oxycodone is more than 3x stronger than morphine. That would mean take 3x your dose. You said 30mgs of oxy? So take 90 or better yet half the pill, so 100mgs of morphine. I would say though, in my experience I have needed 200mgs with a similar tolerance. I mean 150 would probably be perfect for you, but what would you do with the other 50?
To compare the high, morphine is more of a downer high, a little more noddy and a little less euphoric IMO.

...google opiate conversion chart. OR search it in here. You'll find out exactly what you need to know. THEN, search morphine bioavailability and decide how you want to take it.

Even if she took 90mg, morphine's oral bioavailibility is like 30%, she'd get 30mg roughly. You'll need a fair bit more, if you aren't going to spike or at least plug the morphine, look for another opiate IMO.

what is the bioavailibility of morphine plugged? also what is it iv? i have never iv'ed anything before but i would of thought these would be highly dangerous to iv right? there time release abd gel up real easy.

ok i have decided that if i get these i will plug them. whats a safe starting does with my tolerance? i have never really had morphine. i have always been under the impression morphine was stronger than it actually is. movies i guess? also i read somewhere that you might need to cwe these pills to get out the wax and binders before you plug. is this correst?

--Did you look at the megathread (opiate/opioid) that I suggested ? Or just search morphine (posts/threads). You'll find ALL of this.

Cutting the tablet into fourths isn't going to get the job done with a 30mg oxycodone x2 a day habit tolerance. 40-50mg of MSContin is ridiculous for someone taking 60mg of oxy on a daily basis. Your going to need at least 150mg.

Morphine is stronger than it actually is? I don't know how to reply to such a statement (I don't know how something could be stronger than it is.) but if your referring to it being stronger than most people believe/say that it is, than your thinking in comparison to oral and IV. Morphine is an amazing opioid and very powerful but orally or nasally it has such a poor bioavailibility. I don't know about plugging though, have no clue about going that route with any drug.

Morphine wipes away oxycodone when i.v.'ed. I can see how it has kind of a bad reputation in the States because you've got oxycodone almost as potent as morphine (i.v.) or hydrocodone and they both have good bioavailability after oral administration. I've actually never taken morphine orally, it's pointless. But answer yourself one question: would you take heroin orally? No, you wouldn't. So why is it praised so much?

We got back oxycodone here after it was withdrawn from the market long time ago (Eukodal at that time). Now OxyContin hit the market with giddy prices (5, 10, 20, 40, and 80mg strength) and there's OxyNorm as ampules (2 variants, both ridiculous: 10mg/ml x 10 and 20mg/2ml x 10). I can't see much interest besides codeine/tramadal users probably (I don't know because my ex-source and still a good pal doesn't get ER tablets). And probably that wave of buprenorphine patches eaters with some codeine tolerance who actually take just about anything that becomes "mainstream" (now it's mephedrone, I remember times when it was methcathinone home-baked from pseudoephedrine tablets, even cut heroin at double normal price got "mainstream" <lol>).

EDIT: Concerning rectal use of morphine, I read long time ago that one guy managed to get his tolerance up to 300mg and felt nothing but it might be just lying; most people from that forum like showing off so it's not quite a reliable source :/ .

Last edited:
^ This..... morphine is strong,,stronger then Oxycodone for sure....So if she took 100 milligrams of morphine,with 30% B/A,it would be like 30 milligrams of IV morphine wich equals 40-50 milligrams of IV Oxy.

So to the op,I would eat half of the pill.You'll be fine.Also,the time release on MS Contin can't be defeated by simply crushing it,it will simply turn to a time release blob of gel.

Again,thank you adder for helping prove to myself that Im not insane and morphine most certainly does blow oxy out of the water,its simply morphine's shit b/a that makes the super overrated,overpriced,overhyped Oxycodone seem stronger.I have recently dedicated my life to preaching morphine's praises to my friends who shoot Oxy,they all thank me as they now save hundreds of dollars weekly on their fixes,since with morphine their fixes cost 1/5th-1/10th of the price of a good Oxy fix.

Last edited:
Well the OP states that they aren't going to IV, so advice should be given concerning oral administration and bioavalabilty. IME of eating pills, the OP will get high eating 100mg morphine, but 150mgs would be ideal.

Also, oxycontin does not gel into a blob. There was one generic that used to do that, but the purdue brand does not gel up. However, purdue is supposed to release the new OC's that gel up in the near future (I have heard October).

Well I did give advice on oral admin,I just used the IV as a reference for B/A.As in 100 milligrams of oral morphine is like 30 milligrams IV,which would still be like snorting an Oxy 40 for sure,therefor eating 100 milligrams should suit the op nicely.

I dont know why they want to make OC's gel up...all people are going to do is boil the fuck out of them and shoot the syrupy liquid like they do with MS Contin.All they're going to accomplish is hurting people.(sorry not people drug addicts).alot of people will be turned off from snorting them though I'm sure,they wont work nearly as well if they gell in the nose after snorting.

morphine has a pretty low oral BA (about 30-40% i think) and its 1.5 times weaker than oxy, so if you're used to taking 30mg oxy, try 45-50mg morphine... (and don't sniff it the BA is like 15% )