View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-MeO-DMT Smelling/Tasting Like Corn Tortillas

CaptainAmerica

Bluelighter
This is really a question simply out of curiosity.

But the 5-MeO-DMT that I've gotten (only from one vendor) smelled almost *exactly* like corn tortillas in its crystalline state, and when vaporized, smelled even stronger.

If you have ever bought corn tortillas (not flour) or been to an authentic mexican restaurant you know the smell.

I have never heard this specific smell mentioned when smoking or simply smelling the chemical, I have only heard the smell of "burnt plastic," as is consistent with DMT.

I am 99% sure that what I was getting, was 5-MeO-DMT, it produced all the effects that are consistent with other's experience regarding the chemical.

I'm guessing its a less-refined (as in, less pure) form of 5-MeO-DMT. as it was not white, but more of a very transparent, light pink/light brown crumbled crystals.

i'm going to guess the smell you're referring to is the fishy/ammonia odor.

in corn tortillas, the corn has been pretreated with lime (a strong base) to hydrolyze the fats and proteins. this can give it a slightly nitrogenous odor.

freebase chemicals like smokable 5-MeO-DMT have (omgnowai) a free basic nitrogen that can lend a fishy odor to the chemical.

^Interesting, but he said it smelled like corn tortilla's, and they smell nothing like fish...?? :D

corn tortillas when fresh have a particularly non-corn odor to them that might be slightly 'fishy' in the right context. not like real fish the food, but more like fishy in the nose-burning ammonia sense

Haha, this is why I love bluelight. thanks greenmeanie, for the theory and facts to back it up. The smell doesn't seem to be reminiscent of corn at all, but specifically of something inherent to corn tortillas, so that would make sense, that they are treated with lime, an that the process specifically changes certain things in the tortilla.