• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Temazepam 30 mg capsules benzos

I agree with phatass. I'm a bit shocked at all the 90mg suggestions - even more shocked that the OP took as much as he did and THEN some, and felt nothing (?). I guess that all just goes to show how there really is NO right / one answer to these sorts of questions. You just have to use your judgement and test it out for yourself.

I have GAD, and find temazepam really only good for sleeping - not helping anxiety, unless you are anxious at night and just want to fall asleep (because with temaz, you will). For anxiety clonazepam works best for me (again though, it varies very widely). *Just google Cymbalta. It'll take you to a variety of forums with tons of reactions/opinions about it and how it works.

I think temazepam is a great benzo to take recreationally or for sleep.

If you have no tolerance to benzos (like I had) I even got some euphoria out of em (not anythign like dope though).

With no tolerance even the prescribed dose fucked me up a bit (30mg 1x at bedtime). I would take 60-90mg for a recreational dose with little or no tolerance (at long as you are not takin with any other cns depressants).

It's an easy benzo to get a script for too..most docs dont really group it in with xanax and stuff addiction wise..hell I am on METHADONE for heroin addiction and was prescribed it lol.

ugh. ok.. my anxiety disorder is now over powering my medication. im still taking the clonazepam and alprazolam along with it but some days just clonazepam; I decided the cymbalta was better to just not get involved in as it would be another addiction id be stuck with.
So my problem is that these anxiety attacks disrupt my life and even with the medication; My doctor however seems to be very skeptical, he is under the opinion that I dont truly need this and I am faking these problems to get this med. however my life is in shambles, im falling apart I couldnt even fall asleep, eat or interact with people let alone function at my job. So its to the point I've lost my job because of these constant panic attacks and my doctor does not want to increase my dosage. What the heck should I do ? I dont want to wake up in the morning anymore at this point... recommendations anybody???

I'm not going to start that talk of mine "this is not a flunitrazepam 'pal'...". With no tolerance 30mg should be relaxing, otherwise it's useless.

ugh. ok.. my anxiety disorder is now over powering my medication. im still taking the clonazepam and alprazolam along with it but some days just clonazepam; I decided the cymbalta was better to just not get involved in as it would be another addiction id be stuck with.
So my problem is that these anxiety attacks disrupt my life and even with the medication; My doctor however seems to be very skeptical, he is under the opinion that I dont truly need this and I am faking these problems to get this med. however my life is in shambles, im falling apart I couldnt even fall asleep, eat or interact with people let alone function at my job. So its to the point I've lost my job because of these constant panic attacks and my doctor does not want to increase my dosage. What the heck should I do ? I dont want to wake up in the morning anymore at this point... recommendations anybody???

Your doctor is certainly right in one thing - you shouldn't increase increase your dosage. Temazepam was actually the first benzodiazepine I've taken and I wasn't even 14 at that time. Now almost 7 years have passed. I did every benzodiazepine available in my country, did ones from a neighboring country. Imagine I'm now fucking totally addicted to this. I got stuck with lorazepam, I could take over one pack throughout one day (one is 62,5mg to be exact, 2,5mg x 25). Finally, I found a good doctor from public service. Started prescribing me lorazepam but its action seemed to be shorter and shorter. Earlier I had gotten lorazepam, estazolam, lormetazepam, and random ones used for panic attacks from a family doctor for different people, gotten phenazepam from abroad and gotten above mentioned by other means from pharmacies (no, I didn't rob them).

Anyway, there was a time I left the city with my normally gotten lorazepam. But I ran out of it. I started taking clonazepam on a regular basis. When I got back, I talked to my doctor and I was switched to clonazepam ([the doctor] wasn't happy to do this but I can imagine look on that face if I told I'd used opioids for not shorter). Anyway, I thought I knew better and I guess I knew. It was easier to taper down with clonazepam and it's impossible to taper down with lorazepam. Clonazepam never gave me any high, even before. My opinion on this one is that it's good for acute panic attacks and some chronic disorders needing muscle relaxing or anticonvulsant action (meaning sciatic neuralgia can be treated with tetrazepam if with any benzodiazepine at all).

Trust me it isn't a great feeling shaking when you find yourself in a situation when you don't have enough of this shit to get you chill out.

I would advise some serious psychotherapy not some bla-bla-bla, "take your money and good-bye". Panic attacks are controlled with different medicines, they may have unpleasant side effects at the beginning but it goes away and trust me again, nothing is close to benzodiazepine withdrawal.

I don't know if you don't want to get more of these from your doctor, really. You're already addicted to it psychologically (and physically too if you take any dose regularly), you're like "I can't live normally without it, this even doesn't do it for me anymore, I need a higher dose". This is called addiction. Some of those panic attacks may be already caused by benzodiazepine usage. If I were you, if I weren't in deep shit I am, I'd really change my life knowing what could await if I continue doing this and that.

Doctors don't prescribe benzodiazepines anymore just like that. It's widely now how they are addicting so they choose different paths if it's possible. Don't add an addiction to the problems you've got. I don't visit a psychiatrist only because of my addiction, I've been on benzodiazepines and opioids day by day for over 6 years, at 14 I was misdiagnosed, now I know I suffer from BPD. And all this shit sucks. I just got used to it but it's not worth it.

Believe me, im in no denial of my addiction. I have realized some of the panic attacks were caused by stopping the benzos for a period and rebounding, I've been continuing on them for such a long period of time though (opiates as well) that I think I might be a little too far down the rabbit hole to climb back out with ease.

I'm thinking I may try to taper down with the clonazepam and try to work through it. The opiates though, are going to stay. that addiction physically but mentally even more so is completely overpowering. I thank god my benzo addiction isn't to the point of my opiate one or I would be close to where you are at now. Thank you for you're incites it has given me a great deal to think about. People are too quick to listen to they're doctors and just jump on any med... Ill be sure to research into the dark side before hand from now on. thank you.

Its good stuff... start with 30 mg and go from there. It can be very powerful to some people.

wtf yall. i did 75mg temazie and literally only felt something for like ten minutes... is it like this for everyone?? what a horrible benzo. In my experience every benzo I normally do lasts a LOT longer then that. excessively dissapointing ... upset. any ideas on how to get more out of a high with these things? they don't even get me to sleep at night.

wtf yall. i did 75mg temazie and literally only felt something for like ten minutes... is it like this for everyone?? what a horrible benzo. In my experience every benzo I normally do lasts a LOT longer then that. excessively dissapointing ... upset. any ideas on how to get more out of a high with these things? they don't even get me to sleep at night.

Temazepam is short acting but it lasts much longer than you experienced. You may just not felt the high for longer than 10 minutes and thought that was the duration. I'm sure the effects lasted longer than that. The only thing I can think of to do is take more. Thats the usual solution to any drug seeker looking for a better high.

Seems like you got major tolerance, or for some reason temazepam isn't suitable for you. They aren't massively recreational for me either, but the main effects last some 4 hours or so, with an added 4-5 hours of mild relaxation, so 10 minutes feels a little . On the other hand, it is not very powerful benzo in many people's minds (including mine).

Get more of a high out of these things?

1) Eat more pills. But CAREFULLY.
2) Drink a beer or two.
3) Smoke some weed.

i recently acquired some temazepam, I still haven't taken it yet. Guess I am waiting for the perfect time. Mine are 30mg capsules with powder inside its use is indicated "for sleep". I am waiting until i kick opiates and need it to get to sleep. I am interested in kicking but just not really ready yet.

Perhaps i will just take the dive and stop dosing opies soon and use some temaz to relax and get to sleep.

haha I had the exact same ones they the capsules that have GG on them like the xanax bars ?? either way . If you're getting off opies I would use a stronger benzo . preferably alprazolam valium or clonazepam; but the strongest is alprazolam in my opinion and the best all around. especially to ease your mind, take youre mind off benzos and make you feel less shitty. You'll DEFFinantly zonk out if you take some alprazolam.. be careful though !! it makes you feel great and will do wonders getting you off opiates but it is highly addictive. the withdrawals off benzos can be worse then opiates by FAR. it messes with your head in a scary way of you do a lot often then stop. but yea.

If you're gunna stop the opies I'd recommend using the good ol' xanax to take your mind off the opies and make you feel relaxed and able to sleep as much as you want and comfortably!! hope this helps because I've been through this situation multiple times so I know the pains of it. haha. Peace and Love !

On Monday I picked up my refill for 30 x 20mg temazepam and 30 x 5mg nitrazepam.

This morning when I checked my medicine cabinet I had 4 temazepams and 10 nitrazepams left. Fiendish fucking stuff, this is. That's almost 180mg temazepam and over 30mg nitrazepam per day, on average. And I have no real tolerance to speak of. No wonder I can barely remember a thing since Monday.

^ YESS!! I know I do the exact same thing with temazepam.
i'll take like 60-90 mgs and start feeling good, then i wake up the next day and there is nothing left of my stash.
this fiendish phenomena seems to occur with temazepam, but i've never done it with my xanax pills or any other benzo.
the shit is like crack of benzos.=D

Temazepam is my fav benzo hands down. Theres just something different about it that makes it alot more euphoric then other benzos. It's way better then alprazolam for me atleast which is actually my least fav benzo. I just don't like the stuff.

Take 6-90mg's to start out with. Don't take anymore then 90mg's your first night on them just to be safe.

Temazepam is my <3

Well, yeah, it sucks when you got all these sucky doctors around and first you gotta find a good one....and then yeah in many cases you have to find TWO good ones...I would go to another "random" doc with the letter from your psycho. and get them to take it seriously. Once you are on your 1-2 mg alp per day, you can at least give that a try since you have been intimate with your psychologist while the doctor just seems to want to do it his way.

I will also tell you this though...that often no single medication is the cure. For me, I simply keep a sort of medicine cabinet. Because it is too unpredictable how you react to the chemicals sometimes. So when I feel like I need something, I go to it. And I live. I know that if I lived without them altogether, I end up losing my mind and being alcoholic. So I choose benzos because alcoholism is very ugly affair for me.

yes !! thank you for that info jungle heart . I completely agree. went to a new doctor today and because I have a sever anxiety disorder she wanted to put me in rehab ?? I dont get how these people can become doctors if theyre this thick in the head.

I agree on the second thing also. Im also prescribed cymbalta which is for social anxiety and anti depressent it seems to mix well with the clonazepam... but Alprazolam mixes much better. I'm also prescribed Adderrall; Is it bad to be prescribed anxiety meds mixed with adderall ? any negative health side effects or heart problems?? :)

Well, personally, I don't experience a "high" from any benzodiazepine. Period. I've tried a variety of them at a variety of doses. All I've found is that higher doses cause great disinhibition and increased sedation, but I really don't experience any euphoria whatsoever (when I refer to getting "high" it implies euphoria).

High doses, for me, merely provide effects not unlike those of having a few too many drinks. The difference, however, is that I don't experience the vertigo and nausea that is associated with alcohol. In addition, large doses of benzos provide more relaxation and less agitation than drinking a large volume of alcohol.

As for temazepam specifically, I've taken 200mg (they are produced in 10mg pills where I live) of the stuff in one go, without a tolerance. I didn't even pass out; in fact, I was functioning throughout the day, albeit in a bit of a haze...

So, assuming you're not on any other CNS depressants, a dose such as the above-mentioned won't send you to the ER. But perhaps to err on the side of caution, try 120mg first.

Well, personally, I don't experience a "high" from any benzodiazepine. Period. I've tried a variety of them at a variety of doses. All I've found is that higher doses cause great disinhibition and increased sedation, but I really don't experience any euphoria whatsoever (when I refer to getting "high" it implies euphoria).

High doses, for me, merely provide effects not unlike those of having a few too many drinks. The difference, however, is that I don't experience the vertigo and nausea that is associated with alcohol. In addition, large doses of benzos provide more relaxation and less agitation than drinking a large volume of alcohol.

As for temazepam specifically, I've taken 200mg (they are produced in 10mg pills where I live) of the stuff in one go, without a tolerance. I didn't even pass out; in fact, I was functioning throughout the day, albeit in a bit of a haze...

So, assuming you're not on any other CNS depressants, a dose such as the above-mentioned won't send you to the ER. But perhaps to err on the side of caution, try 120mg first.

I would not call a dose of 120mg to ER ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION. That seems a bit reckless to take that much before you know what it will do to you. You said it yourself you don't get much from these, I would think that it would be best to start with a small dose like 30mg just in case the first time recreational user is sensitive to them. would not want someone getting sick because of bad advice. This is after all an HR site.

^ YESS!! I know I do the exact same thing with temazepam.
i'll take like 60-90 mgs and start feeling good, then i wake up the next day and there is nothing left of my stash.
this fiendish phenomena seems to occur with temazepam, but i've never done it with my xanax pills or any other benzo.
the shit is like crack of benzos.=D

Yeah, it's happened to me a few times. You always think "meh, I could be one pill higher, it won't fuck me up" but really it's a waste and you forget more shit. =D
Xanax is way more fiendish for me now though.

I would not call a dose of 120mg to ER ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION. That seems a bit reckless to take that much before you know what it will do to you. You said it yourself you don't get much from these, I would think that it would be best to start with a small dose like 30mg just in case the first time recreational user is sensitive to them. would not want someone getting sick because of bad advice. This is after all an HR site.
I suppose your right. When I suggested 120mgs as a starting dose I only thought of my own situations and experiences with temazepam. I should have been objective and more prudent and suggested an initial dose of 30mg to "test the waters". However, as I wrote previously, assuming one isn't affected by other CNS depressants, a dose of 120mg isn't even close to the toxicity level. If one's in a safe environment (e.g. the confines of one's home) the worst case scenario is this: You pass out and don't remember shit. (Just don't be having a bath in case you pass out... :|)