Bluelight

Thread: OPANA ER - Using Acetone to Break Time Release?

1. Collapse Details
    OPANA ER - Using Acetone to Break Time Release? 
    It was mentioned briefly in several posts that Acetone could be added to crushed Opana ER, evaporated, and that the remaining powder would have no longer gel. Supposedly water could be added and it would draw up like an IR medication.

Is this possible/probable/safe?

2. Collapse Details

I'm not really sure because I don't know what's in the gel, but the way you are describing wouldn't help.

The way you are talking about, if you evaporated the acetone you'd be left with the same powder you started with. Off the top of my head don't know if opiates dissolve in acetone, but there would need to be two liquids, and the acetone filtered off, or poured through something, then evaporated. If it's not filtered some way it will just be the same.

As for the water, you could disolve the oxymorphone and inject it, but you'd want to make sure it's free of pill fillers, and it would probably be safer for IV. Although not sure how you'd get to this point.

3. Collapse Details

I assume they mean put acetone on a crushed up pill in a spoon, draw up and squirt in a different spoon. Let acetone evaporate and add water, draw up. I've never got ahold of an opana so I don't know for sure this will work. I don't even know for a fact opiods dissolve in acetone, but not many things dissolve in water but not acetone

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fryingsquirrel View Post
    I assume they mean put acetone on a crushed up pill in a spoon, draw up and squirt in a different spoon. Let acetone evaporate and add water, draw up. I've never got ahold of an opana so I don't know for sure this will work. I don't even know for a fact opiods dissolve in acetone, but not many things dissolve in water but not acetone
    Yea, you'd need an intermediate step as listed to do this. Like you said, I don't know if it works, but you'd need to add acetone, filter, dry, water, injest

5. Collapse Details

The necessity of an intermediate step (needing to draw the Acetone up to get it away from the Timer-X gel) sounds as though it would make sense.

The user posts I read referred to adding acetone to the crushed pill in a spoon, letting it sit for an hour, then evaporating the acetone (with heat?), and then adding water and drawing up into a syringe. He posted this "method" in several threads, though he never elaborated, and no one really discussed it further in the threads.

See 4th Reply - the one by saturatedTHC:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=417725

Again just wondering if it would work. Strangely enough, swim has access to lots of Opana ER, but not to Acetone. Everything he could find that is 100% acetone is denatured, it has a small amount of "Denaturium something" listed in the ingredients.