• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Focalin/dexmethylphenidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

akdroid

Bluelighter
Edit for update on shooting these things.

Alight well I finally got around to trying these via iv and these 10mg focalin dont feel like 20mg methylins, feels more like doing the same dosage as the methylins and these things clog my cotton filters really bad, I have to use like 2 full cc's of water to get a full 1 cc shot and I have to constantly move the filter around and draw from diff spots on the filter like its instant clog on the spot Im using, very annoying to work with, not as annoying as those morphine tabs that gel up but still painstaking to get a small rush and I swear Im not even getting the same intense rush I got with the methylins. Im wondering if I should bother doing the rest I have or find a local who likes them but dont get the wrong idea Im not trying to make a sale offer because I dont even have enough to worth anyones while, 3 left.

On the upside Im not feining on these like the ritilins so I dont have to worry about that happening again.

Final word on shooting focalins, imo they are not worth it unless you do alot at once and that is very dangerous so dont do it.

Last edited:
Focalin is dexmethylphenidate, the dextro enantiomer of methylphenidate. Its basically half the molecule. It has fewer side effects, particularly peripheral effects, while still retaining the mental effects. It does not last quite as long. Focalin vs. Ritalin is similar to Dexedrine vs. Adderall.

It's just an isomer of the methyl, although I believe it's stronger.

Yeah it's about twice as potent as regular methylphenidate. That is, 10 mg Focalin=20 mg Methylphenidate (Methylin, Ritalin, etc.)

Focalin is dexmethylphenidate, the dextro enantiomer of methylphenidate. Its basically half the molecule. It has fewer side effects, particularly peripheral effects, while still retaining the mental effects. It does not last quite as long. Focalin vs. Ritalin is similar to Dexedrine vs. Adderall.

Kinda, but focalin is just the D, and ritalin is the regular methyl. Whereas dexedrine is the D isomer and adderall has 4 salts, 2 of D-amph, and 2 of amph.

So if you didn't like Dexedrine, you won't like adderall. But if you didn't like adderall, you might like Dexedrine. Although you'll probably react the same to the D isomer of methyl, you could argue for one over the other, differently than adderall example

So would this be soluble in water just like methylin? Basically my question can it be iv'd just like methylin?

Focalin is Dexmethylphenidate, which is extremely similar to Methylphenidate. Like, Focalin & Methylphenidate are much more similar than, say, Methylphenidate & Amphetamine pills [Adderall, Dexedrine].

I've never heard of anybody trying to IV Focalin; If I were you, I'd just swallow the pills.

Focalin is Dexmethylphenidate, which is extremely similar to Methylphenidate. Like, Focalin & Methylphenidate are much more similar than, say, Methylphenidate & Amphetamine pills [Adderall, Dexedrine].

I've never heard of anybody trying to IV Focalin; If I were you, I'd just swallow the pills.

It can be IV'd, Ive done it one night and it had the exact same effects as cocaine except unfortunately I had over 40 20mg pills at my disposal and I iv'd all of them in one night which sent me to the er and I almost died. I posted about this here a while back like in nov/dec last year. This time I only have 5 of these and dont have access to anymore so I am not worried about going through that again, just looking for something to perk me up a bit.

Alight well I finally got around to trying these via iv and these 10mg focalin dont feel like 20mg methylins, feels more like doing the same dosage as the methylins and these things clog my cotton filters really bad, I have to use like 2 full cc's of water to get a full 1 cc shot and I have to constantly move the filter around and draw from diff spots on the filter like its instant clog on the spot Im using, very annoying to work with, not as annoying as those morphine tabs that gel up but still painstaking to get a small rush and I swear Im not even getting the same intense rush I got with the methylins. Im wondering if I should bother doing the rest I have or find a local who likes them but dont get the wrong idea Im not trying to make a sale offer because I dont even have enough to worth anyones while, 3 left.

On the upside Im not feining on these like the ritilins so I dont have to worry about that happening again.

Final word on shooting focalins, imo they are not worth it unless you do alot at once and that is very dangerous so dont do it.

I do want to add the side effects that I have had while on this new med focalin.

I have experienced a big boost in energy but the kind that will make you walk in circled immediately after taking it via IV but have no other motivation except for sitting still at the computer typing about what Im high on, I find it easy to come down off of these and Ill add that the comedown is not that bad considering I have used about 10 of these 10mg pills starting about 5 or more hours ago, definately nothing like feining on ritalins or I would have done all 15 I had.

I have lost any appetite I might normally have had after the said passing time.

I have felt quite dehydrated so Ive been drinking nothing but water although I just missed out on drinking some beer during a party here a while ago because of the uncertaincy of the affects that might occur when mixing a high amount of stimulants with any amount of alchohol.

I do feel like I want to do another hit right about now and its been like 2 hrs or more since my last hit but the withdraw as I said is not bad, at least not as bad as other stimulants such as ritalin and cocaine.

Overall I think this focalin is been praised much too highly, at least everything Ive read from peoples claimed experience with it made it sound promising as they did claim its twice as effective/potent as ritalin and some even claimed cocaine, ya I highly disagree, it only feels like doing the same miligrams worth or ritalin and since I didnt have too many to work with I spread them out and only used one at a time over several hours and am not entirely impressed with it.

you should check out this thread. good reasons why you shouldn't bang pills. i read this and i'll never boot up a pill again.

just did a search on the inactives- they clog your cottons because they are made with an ammonio-methacrylate copolymer blend that is insoluble in water. the preparation of the beads is what makes them XR. if you melt these down in water you are cooking toxic plastic byproducts. do you really want these (FDA/E172 yellow iron oxide, gelatin, ink Tan SW-8010, methacrylic acid copolymer, polyethylene glycol, sugar spheres, talc, titanium dioxide, and triethyl citrate) chemicals shutting down your kidneys, clogging capillary beds in your lungs, and destroying the valves of your heart? if you're gonna shoot up, at least use drugs that are made for shooting.
i'm not trying to be a douche, i'm just pursuing the focus of this forum: harm reduction

just did a search on the inactives- they clog your cottons because they are made with an ammonio-methacrylate copolymer blend that is insoluble in water. the preparation of the beads is what makes them XR. if you melt these down in water you are cooking toxic plastic byproducts. do you really want these (FDA/E172 yellow iron oxide, gelatin, ink Tan SW-8010, methacrylic acid copolymer, polyethylene glycol, sugar spheres, talc, titanium dioxide, and triethyl citrate) chemicals shutting down your kidneys, clogging capillary beds in your lungs, and destroying the valves of your heart? if you're gonna shoot up, at least use drugs that are made for shooting.
i'm not trying to be a douche, i'm just pursuing the focus of this forum: harm reduction

I read in a past thread that they are soluble in water and can be safely filtered using a micron filter which will keep out all unwanted ingredients that cause some of the damage that pills are known to cause when unproperly filtered.

What i do is crush up the beads from the xrs till as fine as possible.Have exactly room temperature water.U can fit 60mgs into a 3cc rig pretty good.Let it sit for a few mins till it starts separating stir it up then let it sit for a few more mins.You should notice that basicly all the extra garbage is all sunk to the bottem of the spoon.Then there should be clearish whiteish layer then a clear layer.DO NOT put the filter in the middle.Put your filter in there and suck it up should be clearish whitish.ANd it hits hard those xrs do if you do it right it last for a decent amount of time.ALso d-methyl is basicly insoluble in acetone so i was think about washing the powder then after the left over powder drys put it water see if full dissolves because d-methyp is fully water soluble

Your shooting Focalin "XR"? That's fucked up, at first I thought you were talking instant release. You didn't specify that. I'd never shoot up an extended release pill, there is too much shit in them and usually, like it just did for you, will gel up. I can't believe you shoot up Morphine SR. That's even more fucked up. I'd never put that in my veins. Poison.

Whereas dexedrine is the D isomer and adderall has 4 salts, 2 of D-amph, and 2 of amph

Actually Adderall is a combo of two d-amp salts, 1 amp salt and 1 d,l-amp salt.

Dexmethylphenidate is the D-isomer of methylphenidate. Considered twice as potent but from my experience they aren't twice as potent at all. Maybe x1.5 more potent.

Your shooting Focalin "XR"? That's fucked up, at first I thought you were talking instant release. You didn't specify that. I'd never shoot up an extended release pill, there is too much shit in them and usually, like it just did for you, will gel up. I can't believe you shoot up Morphine SR. That's even more fucked up. I'd never put that in my veins. Poison.

Whereas dexedrine is the D isomer and adderall has 4 salts, 2 of D-amph, and 2 of amph

Actually Adderall is a combo of two d-amp salts, 1 amp salt and 1 d,l-amp salt.

Dexmethylphenidate is the D-isomer of methylphenidate. Considered twice as potent but from my experience they aren't twice as potent at all. Maybe x1.5 more potent.

for one I cant believe this thread still lives. I havent been on these boards for several months and came to do a simple search to see if anyone is thinking of messing with this med so I could warn them about the dangers of it to find my thread was the most recent thread to be posted in about focalin.

just to clear your worries up, I was shooting the ir's, not the ones ur talking about, that was your above poster. Ive never even seen the pills he describes.

I'm fairly new to iving... tried methanphetamine only a few times, that's not my choice of drugs. Once I was sick with kidney stones and at the hospital I was given dilaudid through IV and it was like heavens light shining upon me. So I've been using dilaudid 4mg interveiniously whenever possible since they're hard to come by. However, when out of those I get desperate when the pain from the cracks in my spine start up. So I tried foclin xr 20mg just now. I emptied the capsule into the spoon, added 2 cc of water, crushed the beads as well as I could and let it settle. I put my cotton off of a qtip onto the tip of the spoon and drew up the clearish/whitish liquid into my syringe. No clogging, and a full 1 cc rig full of liquid. It gave me a small rush and did help with the pain. I really didn't think it would but I was really trying to find even just a little relief and it worked.
No I'm wondering if I could try tizanidine 2 mg. interveiniously. I know all pills and/or drugs are not safe to iv. Just wanted a real street answer. Anyone got any suggestions out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.