• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

My garden / Post your plants

ahh right on,, i forgot about peruvian torch, but yeah those two (pachanoi and peruvianus) are the only mesc-producing cactii i have known about (until now). it's great to have someone knowledgeable in ethno/entheobotanicals on BL! i hope i can pick your brains on this topic in the future :)

Nice pictures 17
Is one of those a pitcher plant or some kind of carnivorous little nasty?
I have always wanted to try and grow one of those...
If this thread is still around a bit later in the year I will post some pictures of my plants when they are looking a bit less drab.

I have a cherry tomato bush some herbs, some chillies birds eye, harbanero and other small hot ones.

I have a few aloes and as many khat bushes as I can fit in.

I have just started growing summer herbs from seed inside my kitchen window which acts like a green house and keeps them warm during the winter. Sweet basil, thai basil and dill while their outdoor brethren perish in the cold.

Digging it, were more focused on plants that produce around here. we like our vegies, i still havn't gottet around to re working the front or some of the sides of the yard but we have:
3 pineapple guava trees, a strawberry guava tree, a peach tree, a dwarf necterine tree, pomalo/orange/lemon tree, 3 kiwi bushes, blackberry bush, strawberrys, a 2mX2m of corn, 15 cucumber plants, 2 spaghetti squash, 6 tomatoes, 2 red bell peppers, a pamento, snow peas, shelling peas, limabeans, green beans, yellow beans, purple beans, basil, carrots, zuchini, pattypans, beats, potatoes, artichokes, and were starting a bacon avacado tree. as you can tell i like my food, there were some other delicous foods that more eficently grow/feed you i did not have a chance to get. Romanesque is the fractal vegtable and is as delicous as it looks interesting, just steam add butter and mash and you have a starch free mashed potatoe substitute.

ahh right on,, i forgot about peruvian torch, but yeah those two (pachanoi and peruvianus) are the only mesc-producing cactii i have known about (until now). it's great to have someone knowledgeable in ethno/entheobotanicals on BL! i hope i can pick your brains on this topic in the future :)

well I know a fair amount about cacti and other commonly grown ethnos, along with some of the more obscure ones. anything you wanna know is worth asking ;)

justsayknow said:
Is one of those a pitcher plant or some kind of carnivorous little nasty?

Yeah that's a Sarracenia. I've got two of those - a huge Sarracenia alata and another, smaller one. They're pretty easy to grow, I keep mine inside a larger pot and topped up so it's constantly sitting in several inches of rainwater. They love it.

Romanesque is the fractal vegtable and is as delicous as it looks interesting, just steam add butter and mash and you have a starch free mashed potatoe substitute.

Wow, you're growing some crazy stuff. I wish I had the space to grow more veggies; I'd love to get loads of squashes and potatoes going - all I've got now is tomatoes and strawberries (that are edible).

I love Romansque broccoli, that's something I'd also love to grow, just so I can eat it whilst journeying sometime.

Thanks for the reply.

Raise Garden Thread From The Earth

Since this thread is not closed (yet) thought I would give a go. If there be any need to start a thread regarding this matter please feel free. Being with my ferals seems more rewarding than spending time in the garden so I delegate most gardening to the wife (she doesn't mind taking control). I do however manage the clone-bed personally as this can be a little less easy to "manage".
Garden:
Can prolly use it as a "find the hidden stuff" type game.
Fennel
Tarragon
Parsley
Dill
Thai basil (sweet, lemon and regs)
Cilantro
Green onion/chives
Zucchini
Honeydew
Buttercup squash
Yard-long "asian" or "sting" bean
Pole-beans