Global dance festival 2010 @ red rocks!!!

madswagga

Bluelighter
gdf2010_header2.jpg

Couldnt believe there wasnt a thread already started on this. Pretty excited to have a blast!! Both a friday and saturday show, goal is to make it for friday have a tight line up:
DEADMAU5
INFECTED MUSHROOM LIVE
SAVOY
PENDULUM (DJ SET)
RUSKO
ANA SIA
KRADDY
HEAVYWEIGHT DUB CHAMPION
MC DINO
FURY
MANUFACTURED SUPERSTARS
ISHE

Saturdays line up includes:
PAUL VAN DYK
KASKADE
BT
STEVE AOKI
JES
LA RIOTS
MORGAN PAGE
KOSTAS
DRAGON
TRAJIKK
HYCLOUD

haha you beat me to this. I was just thinking about making the same thread. good call. just bought my friday the 16th tickets this morning. stoked. can't wait.

Yep. In Kansas City on the 16 too!

so stoked.

we aren't getting too many big names though, more locals.

yup im on it yo ha. but im about to get my tickets right now for the friday. its gunna be tight shit

anybody know of good stuff in town around then or what to be on the look out for?

^ Not sure if this is sourcing? The parking lot becomes a marketplace, anything you need you can find, just keep your ears and eyes open.

Red Rocks is my second home in the summer, I'll be there for the Friday night show. I saw Deadmau5 headline this same show back in 2008 and it was amazing.

oh no i was asking if anyones heard of legit stuff going thru not where to get it. i too am excited to see deadmau5

Well, the shows like two weeks away. Dare I say this, but anyone down for a Friday meet up?

GLOBAL!!!!!

Friday Night. DEADMAU5, ANA SIA, HEAVYWEIGHT DUB CHAMPION, Infected Mushroom!!!

Look for me ballin in a "Killing the MUSIC" shirt (crossbar skeleton emcee with two mics)

Anyone going to the KC one? I'd be interested in going with some chill Bluelighters as opposed to the group I have planned at the moment.

time slots

Just in case none of yall have seen, Traids have released the time slots for both Friday and Saturday. so....I'm going to be leaving the springs around 4ish on Friday. got me a nice hotel off of colfax and I-70. I've never been to Red Rocks, or an event of this caliber. might as well call me a rave virgin.

I think we should try to at least plan a meet up of some-sort. but yeah. five days and couting. cannot wait.

Almost forgot....here are those aforementioned time slots:

--- Friday July 16th // Gates at 5pm ---

Triad Dragons Stage : Fri July 16th

Amphitheater Stage

11:30-Close Deadmau5
10:00-11:30 Infected Mushroom Live
8:30-10:00 Savoy
7:30-8:30 Axis of Evil
6:30-7:30 Manufactured Superstars
5:00-6:30 Fury w/MC Dino

Global NRG Stage : Fri July 16th

Located at the very top of Red Rocks. The upper landing area.

12:00-close Pendulum w/MC Dino
10:30-12:00 Rusko
9:00-10:30 Ana Sia
7:45-9:00 Kraddy
6:45-7:45 Heavyweight Dub Champion
5:45-6:45 Technical Endeavor w/MC Dozha
5:00-5:45 Sir Thomas

Global Bass.Code.0 Stage : Fri July 16th

Located on the west face of Red Rocks. Take the outdoor steps down to the lower level of the visitor center area.

12:00-Close ((diverse)) vs. Just Ben
11:00-12:00 Coult 45
10:00-11:00 Jason Roth
9:00-10:00 Alert
8:00-9:00 SPECTRE
7:00-8:00 Ishe v. Soleil
6:00-7:00 ServOne
5:00-6:00 Dayquill

-

--- Saturday July 17th // Gates at 5pm ---

Triad Dragons Stage : Sat July 17th

Amphitheater Stage

11:30-Close Paul Van Dyk
9:45-11:30 Kaskade
9:00-9:45 Jes Live
8:00-9:00 Ecotek feat. Elijah
7:00-8:00 Dragon & Trajikk
6:00-7:00 BT
5:00-6:00 Kevin Alves

Global NRG Stage : Sat July 17th

Located at the very top of Red Rocks. The upper landing area.

12:00-Close Steve Aoki
10:30-12:00 LA Riots
9:00-10:30 Morgan Page
8:00-9:00 J Flash
7:00-8:00 Alan Endorfun
6:00-7:00 Hycloud
5:00-6:00 Cognition & T-Rav

Global Bass Stage : Sat July 17th

Located on the west face of Red Rocks. Take the outdoor steps down to the lower level of the visitor center area.

12:00-Close Satori-C
11:00-12:00 tba
10:00-11:00 Jontron
9:00-10:00 Joman
8:00-9:00 Anomaly
7:00-8:00 Soulshocker
6:00-7:00 Ston-E
5:00-6:00 tba

See some of you guys there?

^ I'm not sure what the first artist you're trying to catch is, or if you're trying to check in at your hotel before you hit the show, but I would recommend leaving the Springs a lot earlier than 4.

And, be sure to get mapquest directions from your hotel to Red Rocks - Morrison can be a little tricky since all its roads are small, some are one ways, some aren't marked, and there are several different entrances into Red Rocks. For the most part, the party is always in the lower south lot.

Idealy we'd get to the hotel around 5-6 at the latest then taking a cab there/back. Tryin to get there no later than 8. That way we still have a little daylight to explore before we get settled in. Idk actually though. I'm just going to try to roll with it and just see where the night goes. Pretty excited though. I really don't know what to expect.

Look up videos from last year on YouTube or Triad Dragons' website, Global gets NUTS. Especially with headliners like Deadmau5 performing.

Also, don't get too twisted before you get in - security isn't too crazy but the hike from the parking lot then up the stairs or the ramp is a BITCH and a half.

You'll be fine as long as you have the address of the hotel you're staying at to give the cab driver when you're leaving (he will know where to pick you up if you tell him Red Rocks), and plenty of money - don't underestimate how much a cab will run you, especially if you're riding in a group.

Yeahh I've been looking at videos, but at the same time I don't wanna go in there expecting too much ya know?
I don't plan on doing anything except maybe smoking some trees before I get in. maybe a few drinks but nothing too crazy.
thats a good point about the cab tho.
what time are you heading in on Friday?

I think me and my girlfriend are gonna try to be inside by 7 on Friday so that we can catch Kraddy.

Nice. bout the time we're trying to get there too like I said.
I don't even know where to start the night.