Global dance festival 2010 @ red rocks!!!

I think for me it's gonna be Kraddy, Anasia, Infected Mushroom and Deadmau5.

I want to see Pendulum but they play the same time as Deadmau5, and everyone I know who has seen them live has been disappointed.

Might have to split between Anasia and Savoy as well.

I'm probably going to end up passing on the afterparty Sat a.m. Not trying to get too crazy now haha.

Yo get up there EARLY! Thats half the fun.

My day has gone and will probably go something like this:

Thursday Night - Sleep by 10 or 11, long sleep till 10 or 11 the next day.

11 AM - Wake up, smile, shower, smile, get basic clothes on.
12 PM - Pick up friend(s) and go to breakfast. Big Brunch and no dinner.
12 PM - 2 PM - Final errands etc to be 100% ready
3 PM - Arrive at hotel, check in bring cold drinks, stock fridge, chronic etc for afterwards, get ready for night in hotel room!

3:30 - 4:00 PM - Arrive. It is fun to go up there early because you see so many people all dressed up at the gas station, and then further up kicking it in the parking lots. Tailgaiting, bbq, beers etc until 5 - 5:30. Gates open at 5 pm, I like to get in around 5:30 - 6:00. Yes its still light, but this allows you to settle in, look for friends, get even more excited, and get comfortable.

At around 7:30 - 8:00, I usually will double drop and come up. By the time it is nightfall, its in perfect sequence with your roll and all the sudden you'll be faced on heaven on earth (Global @ Red Rocks at night). From 8:00 - 2:00ish is 6 hours which is perfect for a night. If you dose one last time around 12 or 1 you should roll decently into 3 or 4 with a nice afterglow after you leave the rave.

HAVE FUN!!!!!!

5 TIME ALUMNI!! 5th year running :] C U THERE

Nice agenda^.

thats probably something similar that I'd like to ideally do, but I'm not getting off work until sometime between 2 and 4. then I have to drive up north. But at least I'm only in Monument...

It's gonna be so damn hot, I don't even care about seeing all the girls in their boot covers and fishnets. But I will admit, all the people in their crazy getups is half the fun.

None of the decent music (IMO) even starts until around 8, and that will be right around the time it starts to cool off.

good point bout the heat. I'm going to go out on a whim here and say that there probably isn't too much in the way of shade at Red Rocks either....or is there?

No. The parking lot is like a god damn desert, and the hike is seriously killer. I've seen probably 70+ concerts at Red Rocks and every time the walk up still kills me. It can all depend on the weather though.

Inside, it just depends on the position of the sun for shade. One thing that's cool about Red Rocks though as opposed to usual rave venues is that you can bring in empty water bottles, or nalgenes, and fill them all night long from their water fountains - so I would recommend that especially if you're rolling.

^ true that.

About the heat and the climb... Once you are inside there are definetly spots with shade because of the monolith slabs. I think the walk up is all part of it, I'm usually jumping up in excitement haha. The long line kind of sucks but its all with anticipation building. As you get half way up you can start to hear the music bumping too!

Haha you are right though the parking lot is ablaze, but I jus't cant say anything negative atm because I am STOKED!

8o I'll be in a T-shirt with a Skull and Microphones as crossbones, prob red/black bandana! Maybe when you are 8o8o8o we will run into each other and you will remember! This goes to all BL folks look 4 me!

haha word! I'll be in a fairly bright red polo and aviators. I'm soo fuckin stoked.
not bad of a choice for my first rave eh?

^ This will make any other rave you attend in the future pale in comparison. Nothing beats this venue, I promise you that.

^ This will make any other rave you attend in the future pale in comparison. Nothing beats this venue, I promise you that.

you were right. that was unreal. Red Rocks is my new favorite place ever. I liked the way they had everything set up. it was fairly easy to get from point A to point B. The third stage was pretty cool too I thought.

but yeah. deadmau5 KILLED it. Rusko was awesome. everything was awesome haha.
except that getting a cab after the show was impossible, or we might have been that messed up...idk. but in anycase, two thumbs up.

Did anybody cum as much as i did?? Everything was unreal. Next years happenin fo sho