Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Calling old fart bluelighters

love the name change :)

it's always great to see old school BLers checking in, i hope you are well

I am still here and still read the forums regularly. Unfortunately, I don't get to post as much as I used to. Anyway, it will be 18 continuous years come December. I've grown up with this site and it has been a significant part of my entire drug taking life. I do miss those raver days and those memories remain as clear as ever!

. I do miss those raver days and those memories remain as clear as ever!

Yeah hard kandy was a great club night back in the day.

Don't be fooled by my join date of 2008 i was a late bloomer as far as registering for Bluelight but i was very much reading the Bluelight forum (although not contributing )as well as pill reports around the 2000/2001 period. Loved poping the pink Dexters and green fish pills that were doing the rounds around Melbourne's clubs in 2001. I really am showing my age now

Biscuit, Boku_ brothers we are now looked up to as the old skoolers (still doesnt make me feel old

I've never posted heaps. This is my second account, for a long time it seemed new (first was 2000) - but I guess now its probably old-fart?

I've at least progressed from pot, to pills & lsd (and partying) to IV'n crystal meth and the last decade or so settled into a heroin habit. So I guess I've gone through all the hoops. Probably all documented on here in one place or another haha

Last edited:
Yeah hard kandy was a great club night back in the day.

LOL!

Seriously? Although, I'll say one thing - the scene was a fuckload messier then. With clubs like Kandy having a good 20-30 people hanging around the alleyways and even more in the carparks on any given club night.

And how clear is that?

Haha - surprisingly clear and certainly more so than my nights out in more recent years or even last weekend for that matter. I think more overall meth use as years have gone by and the consumpton of these far more "munty" pills and MD powder which seems to be the majority of what is around these days, has definitely taken the shine off those more special nights; and has left one with a more hazy recollection of the fun times, which are still had now and again mind you. Or it could be that I am just closer to 40 than 30 and have somehow kept this up for more than half my life!

Nice to see some old schoolers still lurking around. I look at some of the old professionally taken raver photos from 1999 to 2004 - a time where no one had a camera built into their phone that could take proper photos and no one was on Facebook or Tindr/Grindr - and the whole vibe on people's faces in those photos is just utterly carefree, loved up and without a scintilla of regard for just how blissfully fucked they appear. Sorry, getting all nostalgic.

Oh man i know and miss that PLUR vibe lol. Kryal Castle, Bass @ the palace, Two tribes .. ahh the days

so many missing memories..................
these days im surprised at ever at how something went soo mainstream and took none of the best cultural parts of looking after one another with it!
RIP the old skool rave daze!

Posted by Andy Turbo:
Oh man i know and miss that PLUR vibe lol. Kryal Castle, Bass @ the palace, Two tribes .. ahh the days

F*CK YEAH! Those events are why I moved to Melbourne! Anyone go to what me and my mates considered the best Godskitchen the one 10yrs ago '07 at Rodlaver? It was off tap. PUSH then Thrillseekers then Rank 1 followed by Richard Durand. As I recall the 'mood enhancers' were pretty f*ckn sweet that night too. ;)

Isn't this year supposed to be the year that makes the 10 year ban of dance music events at Kryal Castle finished?!? Can anyone twist the rubber arm of whoever used to put on Kryal events to do another one?

1999 to 2004

These were literally the years I did 95% of my clubbing and raving - and I think there's a LOOOT of rose-tintedness going on in this thread. I have a pretty clear recollection that there were just as many total and utter fuckwits in the 'scene' back then as there is now, ever was and ever will be. They make up a pretty fixed % of the human race, no matter where and when you look. IMHO.

such a shame.. but with aus social gone, after 16 years i think it's the sign for me to:
a46d678adafb303088a40b05498df57e.jpg

See ya. I was wondering if ADD would operate like EADD does. A two in one. Theres room for Aussie chit chat I think. I really cant believe Aus Social died and dont know if it was preventable. But maybe if youre bored and nostalgic just come and say Hi.

Biscuit, Boku_ brothers we are now looked up to as the old skoolers (still doesnt make me feel old

Holy shit, if that is oldschool, I'm fucken ancient.

I'm struggling to find the words to describe what this place has meant to me. I browse once in a blue moon, and post even less. I was a 23 year old when I first found bluelight, and i'm turning 40 this year. I met my husband and people I call my best, closest friends through bluelight. I consider people i've never met face to face who live on the other side of the world good friends, people I met through bluelight. People I have known for 17 years. Yep, this place means a lot to me. It's so different now, I only recognise some current staff and fellow ex-crew, but this little blue-tinged place on the internet will always be special to me.

Wow man you are ancient Samadhi , and you have actually met people from bluelight too.... It always sounds like it used to be a lot closer and cooler people back in the day before it got flooded with these young goobers who think they know everything and you can't even give them advice they will listen to even though it may help them .

I'm here,

msged the admins to see if i can retrieve my old account of IXinX.