Rep points

MaW

Bluelighter
Its useless but I like seeing the green dots below my name

Kinda wish you guys had em here :\

Homeless -> Support

We don't have them because, basically, we don't want to turn BL into a way for users to have any sort of reputation. We let users' posts speak for themselves.

Thank for the info and very understandable

Last edited:
looks like they work for me

johanneschimpo

simply create a smaller avatar with as many green dots and gold stars underneath it as you like. win/win. ;)

I accually do see one thing that the dots might be useful for......If someone is known for giving accurate and facual information then they have more of of something. That way greenlighters would be able to identify who knows what they're talking about and who's just talking street myths and thier own tolerance.

Regardless either way, people should take peoples words with a grain of salt and not go on one persons advice. I have seen some pretty shitty advice on here, but it always gets corrected....i just hope in time.

but it always gets corrected

indeed, I think this is a better way to judge the accuracy of information, rather than assuming someone with lots of little dots under their name is always right :)

I accually do see one thing that the dots might be useful for......If someone is known for giving accurate and facual information then they have more of of something. That way greenlighters would be able to identify who knows what they're talking about and who's just talking street myths and thier own tolerance.

Regardless either way, people should take peoples words with a grain of salt and not go on one persons advice. I have seen some pretty shitty advice on here, but it always gets corrected....i just hope in time.

That could be misleading, just because someone knows a lot about some things doesnt mean they always offer correct or even good advice/info :)

very good point guys. I totally agree when i look at it in that light.

Remember High School anyone? Reputation or karma points in a forum become commodities. Your giving someone thumbs up or thumbs down inevitably becomes tied to many concerns and alliances beyond the individual merit of a particular post. Anything that leads away from individual members assigning their own value to posts will become complicated by social dynamics.

But such things are often fun before they are completely contaminated. Within an individual forum for a given period of time, such things might be fun. But probably not worth the xtra work for forum staff.

Definitely if a reputation system is implemented in any way, I would begin within one sub-forum like Drug Culture or TheDarkSide. Bl is to diverse for a site-wide reputation system imo.

Remember High School anyone? Reputation or karma points in a forum become commodities. Your giving someone thumbs up or thumbs down inevitably becomes tied to many concerns and alliances beyond the individual merit of a particular post. Anything that leads away from individual members assigning their own value to posts will become complicated by social dynamics.

But such things are often fun before they are completely contaminated. Within an individual forum for a given period of time, such things might be fun. But probably not worth the xtra work for forum staff.

Definitely if a reputation system is implemented in any way, I would begin within one sub-forum like Drug Culture or TheDarkSide. Bl is to diverse for a site-wide reputation system imo.

Repped.

Oh.

8) reps < I agree.

I tend to agree with that. Forum-specific repping would avoid the social forums diluting the effect.

Not sure if the forum software permits that level of specification though.

I tend to agree with that. Forum-specific repping would avoid the social forums diluting the effect.

Not sure if the forum software permits that level of specification though.
i just had a look at the 'User Reputation Manager' (yes, it's really called that ;)) and i can confirm that it doesn't have that level of granularity, it's all or nothing.

but, just like Jim Bowen out of 1980s UK quiz show 'Bullseye' - instead of showing you the speedboat you COULD have won - here are the default descriptions of the reputation levels that you could have had if they were switched on. :D

User is infamous around these parts
User can only hope to improve
User has a little shameless behaviour in the past
User is an unknown quantity at this point
User is on a distinguished road
User will become famous soon enough
User has a spectacular aura about
User is a jewel in the rough
User is just really nice
User is a glorious beacon of light
User is a name known to all
User is a splendid one to behold
User has much to be proud of
User has a brilliant future
User has a reputation beyond repute

oh, and just to be clear about this - they are not being switched on.