Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Breaking through on DMT

naptha

Bluelighter
He there,

I can't seem to break trhough to the other world that is reported everywhere.I smoke out of a glass pipe of 30 cm with ash,then dmt and then ash.Not buring it.I have a scale that weigh out 40 mg and i take 3-4 big tokes....Boom!Fractals, colors,the most amazing things seem on the insides oof my eyes and open eyes a lot is going on...but i can't seem to get to that glass doorway that is written of.

I tried smoking out of atesttube with no succes,aa lightbulb,with no succes.My DMT i of a good quality of my dogs cat knows a frog who is into the marsfold tek .

Any tips on getting to the DMT world?

smoke it out of a meth pipe....

Throw 100mg into the pipe as well.... Hit it even after you think you can't any more....

Just remember to melt it down before you hit the pipe, or you will get a bunch of DMT in your mouth and that is pretty bad tasting.... I made that mistake one of the first times i smoked out of that type of pipe....

My strongest breakthroughs have been in my room alone.

Every trip that i have made contact with elves has been characteristically different from the usual experience i get from DMT.

I'm also having trouble breaking through

I find when I smoke DMT I feel a weight on my chest area.. i find this rather alarming as it makes breathing laboured. I also get weird sensations all over my body which i think is normal but i have felt like breathing is really unnatural when ive had larger doses. I can cope with it doing a non-breakthrough dose but it prevents me taking that 3rd hit

Is this normal? Can I just push on with this and trust in my body to keep me breathing or should i be concerned?

Throw 100mg into the pipe as well.... Hit it even after you think you can't any more....

This. If breakthrough is what you strive for then this will take you there indefinitely as long as you vaporize the dmt correctly.

Take that first hit and then inhale some air on top of it really quickly. Push that smoke deeeeeeep into your lungs and hold. Hold it as long as you can, then after exhaling take a second hit. Repeat until you can no function to hit it again. That should get ya there!

mr. flibble, it is very tough to properly break through on dmt. a lot of people are afraid to take the third hit. I had some trouble getting there. What makes it easier is if you have a friend light the pipe for you and coach you along the way. Its always nice to have someone yelling at you to hit the pipe harder and to take the third hit. I have given people doses before and they always think to stop after the second hit because they are sure they got enough. However, they never do. You gotta have someone shoving the pipe in your face and lighting it for you. That way you smoke it until you literally can't do it anymore.

If a person can stop to say yeah I'm all set with the third hit, then they haven't broken through. After taking the third hit you should be left speechless. Sometimes it requires a fourth hit. If done properly the first hit should get you seeing all sorts of open eyed visual fractals as you exhale it. The second hit should deepen that, and make everything in the room look alien. And usually when I break through, I do not remember exhaling that last breath. I am completely taken away.

It takes practice. It is not as easy as dropping a ton of acid. That is very easy to oops. Same with snorting 2c-t-2. That is very easy too oops... full immersion. DMT requires some work. Same with shrooms... Munching those suckers can be tough some times. 5 grams is my favorite dose. I love chewing them up though real good. I'll chew them with friends and be done in like 2 minutes whereas everyone else is still trying to find the courage to eat them tasty buggers. chew em up get primal... and with deemstirs... fucking smoke that shit like you've never smoked before. Put some work in... cause when you put work in, you get the best rewards. That third hit is extremely tough especially when you are already hallucinating your shit off. The third hit will send you away though.

Practice makes perfect. Have fun.

I've only really broken through twice. It's definitely something to experience but most of the time I prefer a couple lower dose tokes to one blastoff. I find it's easier to fully enjoy the experience at the level you describe - great visuals, both OEV and CEV, very altered mental state, but not the out-of-body style breakthrough experience. It's like being catapulted into the peak of a great acid or mushroom trip, then gliding back down to baseline 20 minutes later. Also, my breakthroughs were pleasant, but the intensity of the visual experience and the sheer novelty of it all made it hard to appreciate the euphoria I get from DMT on those lower doses.

The only way I've ever been able to reach breakthrough is by loading a ton (100mg+) at once and ripping as much as I could in 3 long tokes.

mr. flibble: When I first started smoking DMT, I got a pretty uncomfortable body rush that sounds a lot like what you're describing. A sort of pressure on the chest, not pain but enough to be concerning, and an unpleasant, slightly dysphoric confused/uneasy sensation. I don't know how to describe it exactly but I do remember a couple low dose trials where, at least for the first couple minutes, I was definitely not enjoying it and just waiting for it to stop. It was never intense enough to really scare me, or give me a 'bad trip' or anything, and after more experience with the spice I've come to enjoy the beginning rush and it transitions much more quickly into a pleasant, often euphoric body high. The euphoria from DMT reminds me very much of LSD; it feels more or less exactly the same as the pangs of euphoric energy I get while frying on 'cid.

All this talk about DMT makes me wanna get another pull done.

SURE WAY TO BREAKTHROUGH:
(KEY:make sure you use a bong... you need a big chamber, pipes rarely cut it)

Load half a bowl of weed [oregano/basil/parsley if you dont have weed]
Put a layer of DMT the thickness of a nickel on top,
Then some more weed/herb

TAKE 3 LARGE TOKES.
HOLD FOR 10 SECONDS EACH..
by the time you blow out the 2nd you will start to feel weird..
TAKE ONE LAST HIT!!!

Breathe... and know you are ok.
You'll be back in about 10 minutes.

The cherry is just the right temp. to vaporize the DMT,
direct flame is too hot..
dont worry about using ashes...
If you dont finish the bowl in 3 hits, wait an hour after tripping and finish it for another mild trip..

Some intense dubstep/psytrance beats going at a nice level next to you will also do some crazy things to your trip, in a good way.

This tune has almost made me cry of happiness during a heavy DMT session, just coz of the beautiful things i was seeing and hearing. The song made complete sense on DMT.

Have a breakthrough dosage after you click Play, the good bit should start when you start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt_XDD8Gzt8

thanks for the advice guys

i actually have a volcano vaporiser so start off with a bag of vapour containing the full dose, dont have to worry about pipes and whatnot. However I'll try having a half lungfull of dmt then half lungfull of air as you suggest and repeat

im pleased to know someone else has experienced the same body discomfort i have.. im more inclined to push it harder knowing it's not unique to me

ps does anyone have any experience breaking through on changa? I find it nicer than straight up DMT and assume its good to break through on too..

Yes, breaking through is alot easier for me with Changa. I can get such a bigger hit.. I can even make my herb as DMT concentrated as i want, so a small bit of smoke will be like 50-60mg of DMT

BOOOOM! GONEEEEE

Yes, breaking through is alot easier for me with Changa. I can get such a bigger hit.. I can even make my herb as DMT concentrated as i want, so a small bit of smoke will be like 50-60mg of DMT

BOOOOM! GONEEEEE

what herb mix you recommend? my first batch is as follows:

33% finely shredded caapi vine
22% Mullein
22% Peppermint
22% Passion flower

it doent quite have the same quality as stuff ive bought though.. seemed a bit more like straight up dmt

The Machine is as useful as most guides/places claim it is.

The first time I ever had DMT, I had two or three points to play with, and I just slowly dosed up throughout the day, a little bit on weed here, a little bit out of a honey pipe here. My friend brought his drill over and we made the Machine, and then we went out to lunch. Came back, loaded 65mg (I had 50mg left he had 75) and each took a hit. Fifteen minutes later, we both came out of it. Both of us were teared up.

The smoke was a lot cooler, which really helped with the harshness, and it was pretty easy to administer a high dose.

I have only recently discovered DMT in existance (ive been researching and looking for it for several years, actually a decade now, then when I really needed it it found me, but thats for another post....)

I broke through my first time smoking it. I highly suggest having someone else hold the lighter for you, smoke out of a lightbulb vape, have them use a zippo lighter (or even a candle) as bic style lighters tend to get hot then go out and take time to relight etc....

Have the person that is holding the lighter for you be someone that you really feel comfortable arround, and someone that knows to be quiet etc while your tripping. Wait for the bulb to fill up with thick smoke before taking your first hit, hold that hit as long as you can then blow it out and immediately take a second hit without taking a breath in between, repeat until your body instinctually puts the pip down. It also helps if the person who is lighting the lighter can encourage you to keep hitting it. I reccommend having light ambient music playing at a fairly QUIET volume as it seems to me that any sensory stimulii seems to ground me to this world rather than letting me teleport to hyperspace.

Following these guidelines me and 2 other first timers succsessfully broke through with only 40mg for each of us.

I am now evaporating some naptha so I can have some more experiences (its only about 3 weeks or so since I first tried it)

what herb mix you recommend? my first batch is as follows:

33% finely shredded caapi vine
22% Mullein
22% Peppermint
22% Passion flower

it doent quite have the same quality as stuff ive bought though.. seemed a bit more like straight up dmt

I just use dried Passion Flower with mine. I weigh up about a bong hit worth of dried passion flower, followed by a 50mg dose of DMT crystal. Then i soak the dried passion flower with the DMT and once dry, load the bong and hit it haardd

After messing around with various smoking instruments and techniques, I settled on simply sprinkling my spice over some ash or a little bit of nug in my bong and taking long tokes with the lighter flame held above the material. At first I was really worried about accidentally burning and wasting spice but it's actually quite easy once you get used to it. Basically, I light the lighter above the bowl, and slowly move the lighter down and/or pull harder until the spice starts to melt. If the herb cherries, I stop with the lighter and just pull slowly off the cherry. I hear good things about the machine but I've had such good luck with the bong method that I haven't felt the need to branch out.

After messing around with various smoking instruments and techniques, I settled on simply sprinkling my spice over some ash or a little bit of nug in my bong and taking long tokes with the lighter flame held above the material. At first I was really worried about accidentally burning and wasting spice but it's actually quite easy once you get used to it. Basically, I light the lighter above the bowl, and slowly move the lighter down and/or pull harder until the spice starts to melt. If the herb cherries, I stop with the lighter and just pull slowly off the cherry. I hear good things about the machine but I've had such good luck with the bong method that I haven't felt the need to branch out.

Both are good methods for administering high doses. I've heard you lose a bit more product to pyrolysis with the bong, but with careful vaporization I don't have a problem either. :D

Vaporizing in a meth pipe works just fine. You want to melt it down first, just like meth, like a previous user said.