• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Bad Ecstasy trip?

IvanThizz

Greenlighter
I was rolling at a friends house off some stuff that i know was pure. Everything was going well, i was rolling, happy and loving the world up until i accidentally broke one of his possessions. I could see that i hurt him and instantly my happiness and bliss did a 360. I got EXTREMELY depressed and i couldnt stop saying sorry and i felt TERRIBLE. I actually felt suicidal for a while. Now that i think about it, it wasnt a big deal but while i was on ecstasy it seemed like it was the biggest deal in the world.

I was like 2 hours into my roll and it got crushed right at that moment.
Has anyone experienced this?

Yeah this kind of things can happen. Contrary to what many people think MDMA isn't just a purely happy drugs. It's a psychedelic amphetamine with everything that it entails. MDMA makes you a lot more sensitive and more open to emotional suggestion. So in a sense if everything is going great then you get the lovely feel good vibe that MDMA is know for, but if something negative happens it is possible that you would feel pretty sad about something that really shouldn't be that big of an issue. You really feel the people around you when on MDMA.

I've had similar stuff happen to me once, I just couldn't relax and couldn't get rid of certain negative thoughts that I got stuck on. :/

Similar has happened to me. I was at this girls house and knocked some arizona tea over nd i was apologizing all night even though she kept insisting it was fine and not a big deal. I felt so bad and i was worried she wouldnt invite me over again, etc.

Last edited:
I was rolling at a friends house off some stuff that i know was pure. Everything was going well, i was rolling, happy and loving the world up until i accidentally broke one of his possessions. I could see that i hurt him and instantly my happiness and bliss did a 360. I got EXTREMELY depressed and i couldnt stop saying sorry and i felt TERRIBLE. I actually felt suicidal for a while. Now that i think about it, it wasnt a big deal but while i was on ecstasy it seemed like it was the biggest deal in the world.

Ahh yes.. MDMA's "darkside". Happened to me briefly when i fell off a balcony and once when someone refused to give me a hug (lol). I don't easily fall into emotional despair and I can snap out of these kinds of things easily. The trick? IMMEDIATELY realise you're on a drug and that, in reality, everything is okay.

Unless it isn't. Kids going out on stretchers can fuck with me and a few other things I won't mention.

too much empathy for u my friend.

I don't think that was too much empathy. I'd feel awful if i broke one of my friends things. I can't imagine how I'd feel on MDMA. Not good, that's for sure.. especially if my friend looked hurt =\

I feel for you, i know what its like to have something crappy happen and end up ruining you're roll because your so upset over it. I think its pretty common, ecstasy seems to intensify whatever feelings you have.

I have a story too about one of the worst things that happened when i was rolling and i'd like to share it with you!

I was at the afterhours club in the upstairs room dancing with all my friends and i was rolling off some awesome pills & having the best time. The dj was playing an AMAZING set, which makes the rest of this event even worse. Then my friends were doing the "pound it" fist bump thing to the dj, so i decided to do it too. But i was so high that i kinda didn't know what i was doing and ended up bumping the record and making the music stop in front of all the club-goers. It was dead silent and people were like "what the hell?" Everyone stared at me, my heart sunk and the dj said into the microphone "and that's why we don't touch the equipment!"
Everyone was so pissed at me, my friends were laughing and i was mortified. The dj started over on a new song, which wasn't as awesome as the one i ruined. I was sooo fucked up and kept trying to apologize to the dj. I lasted about 1/2 an hour before i was too upset and embarrassed and guilt tripping and asked my friends if we could leave. They totally understood.

Looking back on it now its funny, and its actually a good memory to me. But that night it was so depressing!

The other night I rolled and started out really depressed, then was really happy and pumped, then went into depression mode again. It was the best mdma I've ever had but the roll wasn't really enjoyable for whatever reason. :/

That kind of thing happens to me when drinking... Like one time I spilt my drink on the ground and I was like in tears saying I'm sooo sorry!!!! But it was like a... I care SO MUCH right now, it's kind of a good feeling... idk.
But then as soon as I start hearing the music again and see all my happy friends I'm in bliss again.

Those things definitely happen, since e does amplify any feeling you are having. When I was at a rave a couple of months ago, we were blocked off from this indoor stage in which one of my favorite artists was about to perform -- they weren't letting anyone in. Of course that would have made anyone upset, but just because I was rolling I got really, really depressed, and couldn't recover from it until we were miraculously (one of the happiest moments of my life hahaha) allowed to go in through a side entrance - right moment right time situation - where they let a really small group of people in. But when we were figuring out what to before we were able to get in, I felt my face completely frowning and upset and terrified and it was the worse feeling in the world. So it happens, but it's always nice to have people around you because they will help you get you out of your stump.

When something bad happens I usually get a big rush of adrenaline through my body.

When Im rolling if something bad happens, that adrenaline snaps me right back into reality and kills my roll. It's like a defense mechanism or sumthin...problem is that I feel even shittier when it's all over cause I got a flood of dirty serotonin that gave me anxiety.

I feel for you, i know what its like to have something crappy happen and end up ruining you're roll because your so upset over it. I think its pretty common, ecstasy seems to intensify whatever feelings you have.

I have a story too about one of the worst things that happened when i was rolling and i'd like to share it with you!

I was at the afterhours club in the upstairs room dancing with all my friends and i was rolling off some awesome pills & having the best time. The dj was playing an AMAZING set, which makes the rest of this event even worse. Then my friends were doing the "pound it" fist bump thing to the dj, so i decided to do it too. But i was so high that i kinda didn't know what i was doing and ended up bumping the record and making the music stop in front of all the club-goers. It was dead silent and people were like "what the hell?" Everyone stared at me, my heart sunk and the dj said into the microphone "and that's why we don't touch the equipment!"
Everyone was so pissed at me, my friends were laughing and i was mortified. The dj started over on a new song, which wasn't as awesome as the one i ruined. I was sooo fucked up and kept trying to apologize to the dj. I lasted about 1/2 an hour before i was too upset and embarrassed and guilt tripping and asked my friends if we could leave. They totally understood.

Looking back on it now its funny, and its actually a good memory to me. But that night it was so depressing!

What DJ and where? I think I may have been there hahahah

ive never experienced this at all, and im quite an experienced mdma user, infact ive never even heard about this before now...

One night a girl i liked fucked some other dude, that was pretty shitty

i dealt with it by getting drunk and doing coke lol.

I went to a club to see Paul Van Dyk and was really excited....haven't been out for like a year. I dropped some high quality pills, we call them mints around here. I dosed two because I am seasoned dropper and was prepared for a good night of dancing.

I was just starting to feel the initial effects when I walked into this club. Security was so fucking tight. I had no idea. Full search. All sorts of things being confiscated. It felt like I was entering like some sort of communist country and I had to pass a military checkpoint. These security guards are swearing and being rough. I slipped through with no worries but seeing that kind of upset me.

Fast forward 30 minutes later during my peak. I am in a line to use the restroom, Two guys get grabbed out of the line by security and start getting searched. These poor dudes were rolling...pretty sure they weren't selling anything. They were just waiting their turn to piss.

Anyhow, there was a large group of undercover security too and some cops. I had an obvious looking cop trying to act cool next to me. He started doing the shuffle and everything. It ruined my fucking night!

I was looking over my shoulder all night and was getting anxious by what I was seeing. I left in the middle of a great performance because I was feeling that uncomfortable. These tickets were expensive and the rolls were legendary.

So yeah...MDMA can boost whatever emotion pops up. That's why we say have an ideal "set" and "setting."

Unless it isn't. Kids going out on stretchers can fuck with me and a few other things I won't mention.

wow...crazy you mention that. I recently went to an event w/ some first timer close friends of mine and was having such a good time but something was weird about my night.
i saw a lot of sketch shit and 3 people getting rushed out on stretchers and it was a big downer. At first i thought maybe its a tolerance thing (even though i take long breaks) but i guess MDMA can go both ways =/

wow...crazy you mention that. I recently went to an event w/ some first timer close friends of mine and was having such a good time but something was weird about my night.
i saw a lot of sketch shit and 3 people getting rushed out on stretchers and it was a big downer. At first i thought maybe its a tolerance thing (even though i take long breaks) but i guess MDMA can go both ways =/

iv been in this situation, i remember a few years ago when i was 16 and being at this outdoor rave, absolutely mashed on crystal mdxx, and all of a sudden people all round the crowd started falling over, and crowds forming round them, i didnt know what was going on, but they were literally just collapsing, iv seen ppl get overwhelmed and faint at raves but this was different, it turns out they were sold some dodgey pills as E's, i never found out what kinda pills but thats just what we wer told after the event. it didnt freak me out tho, i was too busy dancing

ive never experienced this at all, and im quite an experienced mdma user, infact ive never even heard about this before now...

Have you ever experienced any kind of negative trauma or experience while on E? It could just be that im a little more fragile than you are sir.

haha i was at Y!Afterhours in edmonton & i believe it was Hector Castro's set I ruined!