• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Recovery of the brain after an MDMA dose.

WorldWarMe

Bluelight Crew
How long does it usually take (on average) for the brain to recover after a night of pills (around 4-5 pills throughout the night)? I've heard it takes a month, and others say it takes a few weeks but it's better to wait longer.

For example, lets say someone took 5 pills over 6-7 hours on a night out (no drinking, no other chemicals, just the pills and what's in them), and took 5-HTP constantly for a month straight. Would their brain be prepared to take another dose, or does it take longer?

If you're eating 5 pills in a night, I'd say a 6-week break is optimal as a minimum amount of time.

It's hard to say. A 'normal' dose (perhaps 1-2 pills, depending on strength) seems to take about a month for complete recovery. Higher doses increase the recovery time (up to perhaps as much as three months in some cases.)

Fortunately, you don't have to be completely recovered to feel and function just fine. Most people will feel pretty normal in a few days. However, the long recovery times become important when it comes to long-term use, since taking MDMA too often will have a cumulative effect (your brain gets thrown more and more off-balance and will need longer and longer to fully recover.)

There are also genetic and other factors at work, so some people are much more vulnerable to problems than others. Generally I would suggest at least a month between doses.

Whatever your schedule is, stay aware of how you're feeling. If you start to feel irritable, anxious, in a mental fog or otherwise 'off', take a long break.

I always take a minimum one month break in between dosing. I used to do it a lot (4 years back I was doing it multiple times a week) before I knew the actual damage it causes. I quit for two years, did it once again, waited another 1.5 years and now I've been doing it once a month for about 5 months.

I have direct experience with this (I'm in the process of recovering right now)
2 weeks ago I rolled, taking 6 or 7 pokeballs (good quality pills)
Anyways, I seriously pay attention to changes in my cognitive/critical thinking abilities.
Right now, I am on summer break, so I have pretty much no stress in my life at all and have all the time I need to sleep and take care of myself.
So anyways, here is my experience:
For the first few days (like 3 or 4 days) I was having some insomnia, and took lots of 5htp (like 200mg a night) and some melatonin to help me sleep. During this time all I needed was like 5-7 hours of sleep a night
Anyways, eventually, around day 4 or 5 I was much less stimulated and it was easier for me to get to sleep, so I stopped taking melatonin and 5htp.
Around the 5-6 day mark I started eating more then normal, and sleeping more (getting like 8-10 hours of sleep a night)
So anyways, fast forward to this last wednesday (1.5 weeks). I woke up after sleeping for 9 hours, and immediately noticed that I had my critical analysis skills back, and that I was much sharper then any of the previous days (almost as sharp as before I rolled).
My critical thinking skills began returning throughout the consecutive days after day 10.
So now fast forward to today (around 13 days later), I feel pretty much normal. I don't feel just quiet there, but I am pretty much as sharp as I was before I rolled (like if I "scan" my brain, I can still feel something is a bit off)

Anyways, I've been trhough this process a bunch of times, and usually by the 2.5-3 week mark, you are pretty much back to normal (your critical thinking skills get better and better every day)

At first its not good to live "MDMA-life"( rolling-recovering-rolling-recovering)etc. Dont take more than 3-4 pills at night, its pointless. (if pills are good quality). Some brains take 3-4 days to recover;some take 1-3 months, some take 1-2years. Best way is to roll 2-3 times in a year.IMO