Best Album Of All Time

copelandia.

Bluelighter
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless.

Seriously, I can't imagine a more perfect album. It's pure art. It's fucking amazing. The sound he makes from just a guitar, tremolo and reverse reverb pedal are just astounding. This is beyond music. This album has influenced countless albums since it's time. Replayability is infinite. Even the album cover is fantastic. The song ordering is impeccable. Seriously I haven't been able to find an album which is as enjoyable as this one.

Anyway, add your favourite album to this post and discuss why it is your favourite, I love to hear other people's choices and reasons. Music is by far the greatest thing on this planet.

Dark Side of the Moon

Seriously, Slim Shady and the downward spiral for the BEST album of ALL time? I understand 'best' is subjective and there are different strokes for different folks but come on.

it was a half assed attempted, i admit. i know so many different tunes in so many different genres trying to choose a best album is fucking impossible

Brian Wilson's SMiLE, is hands down, the best album of all time in my small mind.

It's perfect, in every aspect. The sound spans forty years of pop music without sounding dated or out of it's time. I can't give it enough praise... so please, just listen if you've never heard it.

A Hard Day's Night. I used to listen to it on the way home from work every day, the movie kicked ass too. The whole album is fueled by amphetamine and whores, and it still holds up 46 years later. The Beatles were less raw than they were on their first 2 LP's but still weren't completely polished like in rubber soul so the album has a nice gritty sound to it. They weren't too avant-garde after taking too much acid yet either. There is a big difference between the "best" album of all time and one's favorite album. I think this is the best album ever, my favorite album changes all the time.

There is a top ten albums of all time thread done by me :)

Top album of all time......Tie between Radiohead-OK computer and Pink Floyd-Dark side of the moon

The Cure - Cure Greatest Hits

I know it's a GH album, but it's seriously amazing!!!!

MistaJeff is right, there is a big difference between the best album and your favourite album. The best I couldnt tell you, but my favourites are NiN - Pretty Hate Machine and The Cure - Wish.

f# a# oo - godspeed you black emperor

hard to choose a best one, but i decided to settle on this one 12 years ago

Interesting choices. I would have thought that someone would have chosen Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band, that album usually always appears on a top album list :)

To be honest my top album of all time will probably change over the years. Currently though, I can't stop listening to Loveless! I find that the stages in life when you are hooked on one single album for an entire year is awesome.