• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax bars - Best RoA

BabyGurl3171

Bluelighter
Okay, so my psych totally ignored my request for Kpins and increased me to 5 mg of Xanax a day. I was getting the 1 mg Xannies but now I get bars and 1 mg pills. My question is: What's the best way to take these for fun, b/c they don't do anything otherwise. Can you take the bars under your tongue or is it best just to swallow them whole? Crush them and parachute or snort? Any experiences welcome! Thanks :)

Snorting is lousy for benzos. Sublingual or orally have about the same BA, and it's not a time release so you don't need to crush it. Sublingual should take effect a little faster.

They don't do anything otherwise? They're better for anxiety than recreation IMO. Anyway, swallowing them is the smartest way to take them. So you'll probably grind them up and put them in your ear or some dumb shit. Have fun.

They don't do anything otherwise? They're better for anxiety than recreation IMO. Anyway, swallowing them is the smartest way to take them. So you'll probably grind them up and put them in your ear or some dumb shit. Have fun.

It's called tolerance so yea, they don't do shit for my anxiety/panic attacks.

Damn and I figured adding some water and putting them in my eye would be best @@.

Thanks TheAzo and Skoat! I wasn't sure if they'd kick in faster another way or if they'd last longer then they do. I hate tolerance. I've been on the same amount for 1.5 yrs so yeah...

Thanks Phatass, I did end up just swallowing 2 bars and I feel amazing. Not high or anything but for once I feel like me! It's weird b/c I was only increased 1 mg (through out the day) and they never made me feel anything and didn't help my attacks. Taking these 2 bars hasn't gotten me high but I'm really enjoying b/c I feel like the old me again. Hyper and ready to face the world. Maybe placebo, but I don't think so :)

Repetitive answer to increase my post count or mild intelligence or something like that...

Eat 'em

Just to chime in, you can snort them, however the high is extremely short lived. So it's an option, but like I said, the high literally feels like 20min. I like to snort mine, but I also eat mine as well. Usually I snort them when I am on some sort of opiate, and take them orally when not looking to get wrecked, but for a nice buzz.

The BA% is obviously better orally, but nasal route is an option, but it may not be what you are looking for.

Taking by mouth is no doubt the best way to take it ( as you now know ). That's a pretty decent (large) dose you're taking. Are you planning on being on benzos for life for your anxiety? - I have anxiety as well and take benzos daily (less than), too so I'm not being an ass ;) . I'm honestly curious as benzos are no doubt not nice to be on for life, and horrible to w/d from.

Parachute, snorting is pointless, and xanax tastes like ass and is unbearable. So parachute or swallow would be the best choice. Btw I'm very jealous that you get that I wish I had a good doc

Parachute, snorting is pointless, and xanax tastes like ass and is unbearable. So parachute or swallow would be the best choice. Btw I'm very jealous that you get that I wish I had a good doc

i don't understand why so many people say this.
intranasal may not be the best way to take this particular medication, but it's not exactly pointless. it does have effects. there are also people out there who just enjoy the act of snorting medications when the option is viable. i believe the OP is just interested in the various methods of administration. surely the masses have made it clear that it is not the preferred route, but to state that it is 'pointless' in a factual matter would be untruthful.

The reason that people advise against it is because its not better in any way, and worst in every other way.

HAHAHA. That was fucking hilarious.

Xanax is only good orally, just swallow them.

I think so many are against railing em is because of the low BA. Obviously brlecause your essentially throwing away a large amount of the drug. Why take 1 mg of Xanax and say I wanna get high so I'll snort it and only get .4 mg instead of the original dose. Especially when Xanax is a fast acting substance orally in the first place. IMO wasting that much % of a drug essentially having to use twice the dosage to get the same effect just to possibly feel the onset 5 min faster isn't worth it. =]

In my experience's

Snorting- blackout after two bars. (4mg)
sublingually-Two bars, i get euphoric and have a good time onem
parachuting-It hits you a little harder.. not much though
Oral- Good for your anxiety while smoking weed; also gets me feeling good

Taking by mouth is no doubt the best way to take it ( as you now know ). That's a pretty decent (large) dose you're taking. Are you planning on being on benzos for life for your anxiety? - I have anxiety as well and take benzos daily (less than), too so I'm not being an ass ;) . I'm honestly curious as benzos are no doubt not nice to be on for life, and horrible to w/d from.

I hope I never have to withdraw from them. My dr put me on them my first visit and I've been on them about a year now. Just got increased to bars yesterday. I went about 12 hours without (pharmacy/insurance issues) and thought I was gonna die. I felt so nervous and jumpy inside (if that makes sense) and just a lot of yucky feelings. I am guessing he plans to keep me on them, otherwise I'll have to jump over his desk and choke him =D

Thanks to everyone for your answers! I took 2 bars yesterday thinking I was *bad* like that lol....well, I passed out for the entire rest of the day/night. haha! Guess these bars are more potent lol.

I'll have to try parachuting. I took one orally and one sublingual yesterday and passed the hell out lol.

Xanax definitely taste nasty! I was hoping the bars would taste better but they sure don't :p

This dr has had me on benzos from my first visit. I was on Ativan on day one and went to Xanax a month later and been on them for about a year now. Just got the increase yesterday. Was hoping to get KPins as they are longer lasting but I think he's a Xanax promoter lol.