• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long do I wait to take Valium after taking Xanax

BabyGurl3171

Bluelighter
How long should one wait before taking Valium if I already took 2 mg of Xanax. I know my dr told me not to take Xanax if I'll be taking the Valium but he didn't specify a time period to wait in between taking the Valium and Xanax. So, how many hours should I wait to take the Valium? I just took the Xanax an hour ago. Thanks in advance for any help!

Your doctor didn't specify a time because he told you not to take the Xanax if you were going to take the Valium :)

The Xanax takes 3-4 hours to wear off so wait 3-4 hours.

Thanks K'd :) I wasn't sure if it would be that or if I'd have to wait a long time before taking the Valium. Also, is it safe to take Phenergan with the Valium? Valium makes me sick but I figured the Phenergan would curb that for me so I could enjoy the Valium. Thanks again!

alprazolam and diazepam are both benzodiazepines.
these drugs can be (and often are) used simultaneously.

your doctor advised you not to take these medications together because they both cause CNS depression. as long as you have some tolerance to benzodiazepines, which i would assume you do since they are prescribed to you, you shouldn't have any issues. as long as you didn't take a massive dose of xanax earlier, you can pretty much take the valium whenever. it would be similar to redosing the xanax. if you did however take a larger than normal dose of your xanax, i would wait about 4 hours, as that is usually the minimum recommended amount of time between doses. if you don't want to wait, just take it slow. noticeable/dangerous rates of CNS depression can creep up on you.

Thanks hellocatastrophe :). I normally take 4-8 mg of Xanax if I want to feel something but usually I take 2 mg (which is what I took this time). I think, just because I have panic attacks, I'll wait a few hours and try the valium and phenergan. Valium usually makes me sick so that's why I want to take phenergan with it. :p

xanax has a short half life so in a few hours you can take your valium.. that being said, valium+xanax is a nice combo, and its very hard to OD on benzos alone;.. so if you're looking for a recreational high take them together.. if its therapeutic, wait about 4 hours after the xanax to take the valium...

xanax has a short half life so in a few hours you can take your valium.. that being said, valium+xanax is a nice combo, and its very hard to OD on benzos alone;.. so if you're looking for a recreational high take them together.. if its therapeutic, wait about 4 hours after the xanax to take the valium...

I'm looking for a high today...been one of those days lol. I went ahead and took the valium, only 5 mg. So far just feeling relaxed and for once not sick! YAY! :)
Thanks for the answers xxx.

Sounds like it all turned out just fine ;). The combination is a fairly common one and doesn't really pose a threat. Xanax is really a 'hit quick but not too long' benzo, while valium seems MUCH lighter and lasts a bit longer. 5mg is a very small amount so definitely nothing to worry about in terms of adding it to the xanax.

As said, the only reason the doc said not to take them together is because they are both CNS depressants. Just be smart about it and don't overdo anything.

Thanks woamotive. I just took 5 mg of Valium and 2 mg of Xanax. I also had 15 mg of oxycodone but that was 2-3 hours ago. So far feeling just relaxed and enjoying it :)

Another question....I said I'm having a bad day LOL....would smoking some weed interfere with the valium or xanax? I don't want to overdose but I thought mixing weed with anything was ok. Thanks again!

BabyGurl, throwing weed in won't hurt at all --- I do this almost daily. However, if you are prone to panicking and having anxiety on weed, and are feeling particularly anxious today, it might be worth sitting it out. You know your body best, but yeah it's totally safe to mix weed and benzos.

Thanks everyone :) I ended up having a great day/night! Didn't get so messed up that I passed out but was able to stay up and enjoy every minute of it :) thanks again!