• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How does mescaline work?

Its not popular because it is relatively difficult to synthesize, and the amount you get from extraction is very low compared to the work that needs to be put in. basically, its not cost effective for the mass producers to fuck with. its much cheaper/easier to make MDMA, MDA, LSD, 2C-B, etc. And because its not on the mass market, and most druggies are relatively lazy, it doesnt get out there much.

the synthesis isn't particularly difficult, but the dose needed is quite large compared to other psychedelics, which is why from a money making perspective it pays off producing other compounds instead.

Because of nausea, stomach-cramps and it is impossible to sleep afterwards.

And you're have to do some kind of extraction. Cactus "tea" taste horrible.

I drink ginger tea before I ingest and I have never had nausea or cramps. Impossible to sleep? My trips last maybe 8 hours and I have great sleep afterwards.

Chop, blend, boil, drink. Not really difficult. Takes 2 hours total.

Taste? Well, yeah, it tastes bad. But, if you reduce it down to a tiny amount of liquid, one shot isn't going to kill you. Even then, you can mix it with some juice to mask the taste.

Ginger? How much do you use? Gonna try that

But 8 hours? I need about 18 hours before I can sleep :!

Ginger? How much do you use? Gonna try that

But 8 hours? I need about 18 hours before I can sleep :!

I brew just a cup of chamomile tea and put in a small chuck of raw ginger.

when you want to go to sleep, drink another cup of chamomile tea... you'll fall asleep faster.

speaking of which, time to brew that first cup of tea ;)

I'm a little surprised we haven't seen mescaline on the RC market. I realize it's illegal but so are DMT, DOM, 2C-B and it hasn't stopped them from showing up for sale on the web. I imagine the market for mescaline is greater than all those combined. It can't be that the Chinese labs think no one will buy it because they can extract it, the same is true of DMT.

Personally I've never found anyone who sells DMT online.

5-MeO-DMT on the other - don't get me started. That's everywhere.

My assumption would be that there are still countries that dont have those RCs illegalized. While mescaline is probably illegal in a lot more countries.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong

mescaline is 'Schedule 1' level in most every developed country.

or should we say, overdeveloped.

It could be just this psychedelic forum (I presume you guys take pretty high doses). But from what I've read all over the internet, mescaline seems to be a more natural and overall better experience than MDMA - yet still very close to MDMA.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I was led to believe it could be used as an MDMA substitute because they are so similar. I, personally, feel that I would prefer mescaline. Although I have never tried it.

So my question is why isn't mescaline so popular?

I don't know where on the internet you're getting the idea that mescaline is all *that* close to MDMA. It's a powerful psychedelic on par with LSD and mushrooms. Yes, it produces euphoria for many people, but not the same sort of euphoria as MDMA. Taking mescaline with the intent of getting only MDMA-like effects when you don't intend to trip would be a recipe for disaster at any dose, IMO.

MDMA releases serotonin; this is the primary source of its euphoria. Mescaline does not do this. The euphoric effects of mescaline are a result of its activity at 5HT2a - the same thing that allows shrooms, acid and other psychedelics to be euphoric. If you have any significant experience with both MDMA and mescaline I think you'll get a pretty clear idea of why they aren't really comparable and CERTAINLY not interchangeable. If I really want the experience of MDMA, mescaline would be a very poor substitute.

FWIW, I personally found mescaline to be somewhat disappointing. Not much euphoria to speak of, unpleasant bodyload, tame mental space and little visual activity for me. Its 2C cousins get along with me muuuuuuch better, are not scheduled, are far more potent and can be acquired pretty easily, and in general I prefer tryptamine psychedelics anyway. MDMA is one of my all-time favorite compounds; mescaline isn't close to making the top 10. If it were available to me at similar per-dose prices to LSD, mushrooms, DMT, 2CE or just about any other psychedelic I've tried, I'd buy it rarely if ever for a change of pace. I can't imagine that any dose of mesc would produce euphoria comparable to even a fairly weak MDMA experience, based on the couple of mesc experiences I've had.

Mescaline is banned in pretty much the entire world. It's also quite hard to synthesize, and the 2C family of drugs is rather similar, much easier to synth and legal in many places. Oh, and the dosage range for mescaline is quite high - a full psychedelic dose is in the hundreds of milligrams, which would limit the price that RC vendors could expect to fetch by the gram compared to much more potent compounds. Plus, it's produced by enough plants in nature that synthesis isn't really necessary - if someone really wants to try mescaline it's not that hard for them to acquire it from a cactus.

FWIW, I personally found mescaline to be somewhat disappointing. Not much euphoria to speak of, unpleasant bodyload, tame mental space and little visual activity for me. Its 2C cousins get along with me muuuuuuch better, are not scheduled, are far more potent and can be acquired pretty easily, and in general I prefer tryptamine psychedelics anyway.

Discussion of who is selling what online is getting really close to crossing the line, methinks. I have some further comments on the vendor discussion but I'll keep 'em to myself since I don't want to push this thread closer to rules violating territory. I'll just add that I don't see that large of a market for mesc - most people who aren't really into psychs don't know much/anything about it and would rather stick to shrooms and acid, and people in the know have so many less illegal, more potent, easier to produce psychedelics to enjoy that there's not really a big market opening for mescaline on the RC scene. I just can't imagine a scenario where it could be sold cheap enough that it would appeal to that many people, especially since AFAIK there isn't anywhere in the world to sell it legally anyway. It's the same reason you won't find RC vendors selling you heroin and crack; their whole business model is to sell the (arguably) legal alternatives to these high profile illegal drugs.