• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Which of these medications could make someone fall asleep the fastest?

KAYLA2010

Bluelighter
The medications listed below are all the sedating medications i have taken in the past through legal prescriptions. Due to my absolute love of research, science, chemical reactions and the human body. I wanted to first find out the medication out of these would induce sleep the fastest, then after (taking the short cut and someone answering the question, i could then) start researching why that specific medicaion would cause that effect?..mean how is works exactly...

If I had to research which medication worked the fastest then reasearch how that medication works......I would take so long to study each entire drug`s metabolism......lol way to much time would be taken up...

xanax

ativan

rozeram

promethazine

serax

cough med dextromethrpn

gabapentin

butalbitol

Last edited:
It is a poll...I just want an opinions. What is up with this..every time I say something on this its like no one directly answers my questions.......I swear I made this one very clear and still......

wow rozerem looks pretty cool, this is the first i have heard about it.

binds the melatonin receptors. wonder what that would be like if you could stay awake?

anyway, i bet parenteral ativan would be a good way to pass out quickly (NOT suggesting that you do this).

i'm curious about your question. are you needing to fall asleep and those are what you have to choose from?

You forgot the best answer: baseball bat.

That'll put `em to sleep... 8)

I go for baseball bat.

Seriously though - if this was for ME to take, I'd go for the xanax. Slaps you quick into a sleep mode, but doesn't last too long. Ativan isn't quite as potent but DOES have a quick come on time. Alcohol is too unpredictable. Further, cough medicine just never sounds like a good idea (to me).

Edit: I'd move this to either OD or BDD, by the way.

Wow. What a sad forum this is.

One question, six responses...and all of them wrong.

Answer: butalbital (a barbiturate) or promethazine (an antihistamine) would knock you out faster and more effectively than the others, though I wouldn't recommend their use, as your sleep quality would be quickly shot to shit.

Why does it seem like every time a question is asked regarding disparate drug choices for a particular purpose, people stupidly respond out of experience alone, selecting among the limited number compounds they've tried while ignoring the obvious alternatives? I mean, I think it's pretty clear that a barbiturate or fucking promethazine would knock someone out faster than alprazolam, yes? And if you don't comprehend the distinction, why show up in ADD and answer people's questions as though you do? [not that this question is particularly "advanced" in the first place]

You forgot the best answer: baseball bat.

Word.

'wrong' ? Hmm. I'd say the answer is highly subjective. There is no 'wrong' answer - within reason. Also, I think ( or hope ) that even the OP knows that the barb is the 'strongest'. This question wouldn't be asked if he/she was looking for the text book answer. It seems that when a person posts they are looking for perspective, experience, etc.

My answer came from experience, preference, and thinking about getting a quick and QUALITY sleep.

Edit: post seep response. What I meant is that barbs, in general, have a reputation of being pretty heavy downers. I have absolutely NO experience with them so I have no opinion regarding them.

Last edited:
Also, I think ( or hope ) that even the OP knows that the barb is the 'strongest'.

Butalbital is actually quite weak.

What is up with this..every time I say something on this its like no one directly answers my questions

SNR

@thread: an IV push of concentrated promethazine into the internal jugular vein should cause permanent slumber. This was obviously a joke but I gotta say so just in case: promethazine is a vesicant and injections should only be compounded by medical professionals.

Last edited:
The Alprazolam hands down..

I don't know why you would want to take a histamine blocker for sleep when GABA drugs are far more pleasant. I don't know who still prescribes barbs these days so I am not sure if that is even practical, but I would go with the Xanax any day.

'wrong' ? Hmm. I'd say the answer is highly subjective. There is no 'wrong' answer - within reason

I'm sorry, but I just can't agree with this. Either one drug is more sedating/hypnotic than another in a statistically viable sample or it is not.

It seems that when a person posts they are looking for perspective, experience, etc.

My answer came from experience, preference, and thinking about getting a quick and QUALITY sleep.

You're probably right. Apologies for the strident tone.

And not to be a hair-splitting prick, but my rant was limited by referring specifically back to the literal question asked, not any other semi-related points of inquiry, like side effect load or quality of drug-induced sleep.

Butalbital is actually quite weak.

Weak, yeah, but nonetheless still a barb, and therefore a couple orders of magnitude above lorazepam in terms of hypnotic efficacy. Not that I'd ever recommend it for that (or any) purpose. Butalbital is one shitty drug.

Thank you PA....<--answered logically........

Thank you everyone else that did not make assumptions.........

Thank God you got an answer.

Be sure to let us know how the rape/thievery/torture of your victim goes...

^--wow Jay thank you for that insightful comment.......but I am not that fucking stupid.....

ummm......Since I know what happens when you OD on each of these medications........Gross..........For all the stupid people you do NOT just fall asleep and not wake up............

I don't believe you.

Or, in case you ARE that fucking stupid: why not a little explanation of what reason you need to know what drug would knock someone out best? Your original question seems to be lacking in a logical reason why people should help you out. I'm sure you have a wonderfully safe reason why people should help you put someone to sleep - I just can't fucking think of what it is. Enlighten me, please? Joran Van Der Sloot much?