Bluelight

Thread: (3-FA) 3-fluoro-amphetamine Megathread

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    (3-FA) 3-fluoro-amphetamine Megathread 
    I have been wanting to try out this compound but first wanted some info or experiences but strangely with how it is available at the moment there is very little info out there on this one..2-fa is suppose to be amphetamine like and 4-fa is more mdma like, so what category does 3-fa fall in and is it worth trying ?

No info anywhere on this one ?

---------

Wikipedia: 3-Fluoroamphetamine

3-fluoroamphetamine, 3-FA, PAL-353, (RS)-1-(3-fluorophenyl)propan-2-amine
    CAS# 1626-71-7
    Last edited by NeighborhoodThreat; 03-10-2013 at 06:33. Reason: megathreaded

2. Collapse Details

The data is all from animal experiments, where the drug showed a greater release of dopamine than methamphetamine and also a greater selectivity for DA/NE over 5HT release as compared to methamphetamine. Not all too much else is known.

See here: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=471983

3. Collapse Details

Thanks for the link, i will be receiving some 3-fa by the end of the month, so expect a trip report

I plan on doing it by either oral or insuflation which i beleive is the best way to get a effect on this one, still have to see what will be a good starting point on this one since the other report of where the member plugged it, really wasnt that accurate in details..

Im not really sure what DA/NE over 5HT release means ?

4. Collapse Details

Less suspected neurotoxicity but also probably less suspected euphoria as compared with methamphetamine. I'm not completely sure, but I don't think the 4- or 3-Fluoro substituted amphetamines are very good substrates for serotonin receptors either, which bodes well for lacking neurotoxicity. However, the amounts of dopamine release compared to other drugs except for maybe meth is just crazy, this drug releases three times as much dopamine as dextroamphetamine (1500% basal control levels versus 500%). It's expected to be somewhere near half to one-third the potency of regular amphetamine. It's also more likely to just be a simple stimulant as compared to an entheogen because of the lack of serotonergic effect.

5. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    MAPS Forums
    seems like that much DA might wreak havoc on your reward systems... I'd imagine a strong re-dose compulsion.

6. Collapse Details

sounds like a potentially therapeutic AD(H)D stim like 3-FMC..only much more potent and superior. probably a straight stim as well..not too recreational

I wonder what the legal status is in the US and if it's readily available. I know 2-FA and 4-FA are available but haven't seen this one
    Last edited by Gormur; 25-03-2011 at 02:29.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by any major dude View Post
    seems like that much DA might wreak havoc on your reward systems... I'd imagine a strong re-dose compulsion.
    Yeah. Sounds a lot like MDPV in that sense. But at least in MDPV's case, the effects seem to be almost completely psychological... Of coure prolonged redosing and redosing and redosing of any drug is bound to spur physical changes in the brain, but thats life.

8. Collapse Details
    3-fluoro-methamphetamine 
    Heart
    I tried this, causes imbalances in serotonin and dopamine. First I thought it was 4-fluoro-methamphetamine, but now, I found out through my friend who gave it to me, it is actually 3-FMA. I have to take 300mg of Zoloft and bentsodiazepines to feel normal. Please be aware with this substance.

9. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    A glass bottle in the ocean between waves and rocks
    i had a great time wwith 2-fa and 4-fa , it wold be very logical if 3-FA wa s quite simlar (flephedrone)

10. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    ^^Flephedrone is 4-Fluoromethcathinone.

11. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Someone I know has high expectations for this, probably derived from 2-FA and 4-FA and maybe 3-FMC. Thinks it is gonna be a very good one.

Personally I don't really see it, the SAR for ortho/meta/para substitutions on amphetamine don't make a whole lot of sense to me even though it might really not be that difficult. A while ago I thought I read somewhere that 3-position substitutions were a no-no, but maybe I'm wrong. Is there reason to think 3-subbed amphetamines are toxic? significantly more toxic than their positional isomers?

2-FA reminded me of 4-FA, which is not surprising. But it did leave me wanting more, and really seemed to last a lot shorter, though like 4-FA it had the effect of trailing off making you unable to really say when you transition back to baseline. In other words: it lingers. 2-FA did make me redose somewhat compulsively, not exactly because the reward was so big but it seemed to be right around the corner but never really came.
    4-FA starts off similar to MDMA for me but much more clearheaded, not psychedelic either. Then after a few hours it changes to something similar to dexamphetamine IMO. Or somewhere in between racemic and dex (so 75/25 that would be).
    2-FA reminded me even much more of dexamph. It didn't really seem to have serotonin activity like 4-FA at least seemed to have. Well on the other hand it doesn't have to be that much, methylone is mostly dopaminergic and it still has an MDMA vibe.

If 3-FA really sits in between 2-FA and 3-FA it could be quite good, mellow but hopefully able to reach full incline, and a comfortable duration of action.

But who knows there could be something completely off with it.

Is the fluor on the ring and it's position mostly important for metabolism, kinetics, receptor interaction or a specific event at the receptor? Does anyone know? This is getting to be ADD territory so apologies. I could move my post.
    Please start at the Beginners FAQ - Read the PD Rules and BLUA - Use the Psychedelic Index and/or the advanced search engine

12. Collapse Details

fenfluramine and norfenfluramine are somehow super-potent agonists at 5HT-2B, causing enlarged valves and heart disease after daily use. can't find out what doses of fenfluramine were combined with phentermine though.

4-Cl-A is supposed to be neurotoxic by uptake into serotonin receptors, but is 3-Cl-A cardiotoxic?

and TFM is totally different from F, so it's possible none of this applies to 3-F-A at all.

13. Collapse Details

I'm just considering to try this thing, any easily understandable PROS and CONS?
    Please

14. Collapse Details

any new experience with 3-fa?

15. Collapse Details

Isn't there a thread of 3-FA on ADD? This is a straight stimulant, and while I understand a lot of RC's being discussed PD, this is just another pure stimulant, and the main threads on it are in ADD as far as I know.

I'm not really comfortable with this one, again because of the correlation between 3-substituted phenethylamines and HT-2B activity.

My understanding is that it's a straight stimulant, and not one that is spectacularly notable in any way.

16. Collapse Details

How would this compare to MDPV as a dopamine releaser? Which one is more potent?

17. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    MDPV acts mainly as a dopamine and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor although not all that much appears to be known about pharmacology so strictly speaking there is no release as a direct main effect, while nuke has already said that 3-FA appears to be a very strong releaser. However how this translates to subjective effects is difficult to predict. MDPV is both considered potent and capable, but also problematic... 3-FA has almost no history of use. As far as advice goes: I would be careful (avoid) MDPV if I were you - apart from the fact that I did not even like it when I tried it - because it is proving to be messy, addictive or even dangerous... and I would be careful (apprehensive at least) with 3-FA because not that much is known.

I think people think 3-FMC is alright but I could be mistaken, 4-FA is a winner, 2-FA was a little disappointing to me. It did not have any real oomph but it was interesting as a dextroamphetamine lookalike. Note that 3-FA should not be blatantly expected to fall in between 2-FA and 4-FA.
    Please start at the Beginners FAQ - Read the PD Rules and BLUA - Use the Psychedelic Index and/or the advanced search engine

18. Collapse Details

Ahh, somehow I remembered MDPV being a releaser but you said it. Anyways, I find MDPV too much of a one trick pony.
    Once you pop you can't stop, I'd love an alternative with less paranoia.. I'll wait until I'll see the first reviews of 3-FA.

19. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Shouldnt be too long the samples are going out now!

20. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Philosophy & Spirituality
    Please don't mention stupid trifling stuff like that; sourcing is frowned upon here so there's no need to say "Oh a source will have this soon!!!!".
    Guidelines for OD ||| OD Standards ||| OD Directory Read Me First! ||| NPD Rules
    Please read the links above or PM me if I lock your post. R.I.P. F28

21. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sekio View Post
    Please don't mention stupid trifling stuff like that; sourcing is frowned upon here so there's no need to say "Oh a source will have this soon!!!!".
    I'm sorry, but I fail to see how that is stupid or trifling. Or sourcing? The fact of the matter is that it is likely that we will see an influx of experience reports coming in given that samples have been offered today. C'mon now, mentioning that samples are going out is sourcing?? We know these chemicals don't just come out of the clear blue sky!

22. Collapse Details

As an ex-meth user I can tell you that this substance is as close as you can get to Meth, without actually doing it. On a scale of 1-10, Meth comes in at an 11. The 3-FA comes in around a 4. No Brauxism, reward is high, so you will redose. Clean stim without the metabolic frolic. We did ~ .5 grams in 2 days between 3 people. 2 of us stayed up all night and one of us slept, although not completely. Has the tendency to make the top of your head tingle with high doses in short periods of time. By some, take the trip. Was a good way to get my Calc III and Bioinformatics HW done. Hope you all find this helpful.

23. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Majoring in BCH View Post
    As an ex-meth user I can tell you that this substance is as close as you can get to Meth, without actually doing it. On a scale of 1-10, Meth comes in at an 11. The 3-FA comes in around a 4. No Brauxism, reward is high, so you will redose. Clean stim without the metabolic frolic. We did ~ .5 grams in 2 days between 3 people. 2 of us stayed up all night and one of us slept, although not completely. Has the tendency to make the top of your head tingle with high doses in short periods of time. By some, take the trip. Was a good way to get my Calc III and Bioinformatics HW done. Hope you all find this helpful.
    Thanks for the info, but care to elabo on the dosage range you used, most notably the first. ROA? Any issues with vasoconstriction or any other causes for concern? I can't wait to receive this and see if it would be useful for self-medicating my ADD.

24. Collapse Details

"Es war in Wien, war Vienna, wo er alles tat..."
    so can there already be said something regarding dosage and duration of this compound? is it more of an straight functional stimulant, like 2-FA, or has it also entactogenic properties like 4-FA?

25. Collapse Details

total duration of 3-fa is of interest...anyone know?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast