Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

San Pedro advice

mister

Bluelighter
Im very interested in trying San Pedro so I thought I would start by asking the knowlegable people of Aus Drug Discussion. I suppose Id like to know
1. What dosage is a good start?
2. Does the size of cacti effect the trip?
2. What to expect?
3. Whats the best way to ingest?
4. Can it be combined with other drugs such as MDMA?

fanks in advance

To put it short, dosing san pedro is a a bitch

You are best off using cacti of known potency. Otherwise it could take much experimentation to find the correct dose.

Alkaloidal content can range from almost none at all, up to a bit over 2 percent by dry weight (the most powerful pachanoi known to science), a variation of some 20X

I have had numerous 30cm lengths of cacti do just about nothing to me over the years. Wet cacti smoothies, dry cacti chips and boiled down goo just to name a few :!

You're best bet is an alkaloid extraction. With a little know how you can get near pure mescaline. Trust me, swallowing 500mg of mescaline is a hell of a lot easier than trying to get down a foot or more of cactus

San Pedro Potency FAQ

Unfortunately I cannot answer your question, I am also rather interested in responses to this thread however as I have been procrastinating trying this shit for the going on 4 years I have been aware of its legality.

I have many glowing reports of mescaline trips. I am not much of a tripper these days but am always up for something new, especially if it's a tried and true drug people have raved about for decades if not centuries compared to RC's. Not that I have anything against RC's, but I do go into an experience with a "mainstream" drug expecting to enjoy it more I suppose.

I answered it as best I could D_M. Pretty sure I covered it

The synthetic phenethylamines (2c's etc) just aren't the same. They feel so fake in comparison to mescaline. 2C-B (bromo mescaline) is the only one that I really enjoy these days. The rest just lack the magic that mescaline produces so well

MMMMmmmmMMmm can't recommend it enough

San pedro is legal in australia????

No way!!!

Not specifically scheduled but it does contain a schedule 1 drug so selling it as 'mescaline containing cacti' could get you in strife. Let's not talk about it, I like the current laws ;)

Any preparations of the cacti flesh would land you in all sorts of trouble so be smart about it

I do know that Peyote is controlled in the ACT...

edit
Peyote legal status

Mescaline containing cacti legal status

Last edited:
I made my post before I noticed you had posted mate. Didn't mean to imply there wasn't enough info provided.

I tried 2C-B recently and found it reasonably enjoyable, wouldn't rush out of my way to do it again but fuck me, never had visuals like that without ego death or atleast being damn close. Definately the most visual psychedelic I have tried. I actually forgot it was fairly closely related to mescaline, how would you say a trip on mescaline/san pedro compares to insufflated 2C-B?

It's really hard for me to put it into words

All I can really say is that mescaline feels more natural and less stimulative than 2C-B

I love 2C-B over all the other synthetic phenethylamines. I personally stay away from insufflating RC's after experiencing/witnessing some very disturbing consequences such as seizures, gushing nose bleeds and swollen faces over the years. The pain of snorting 2C's should have been enough to put us off to start with but when you're young you're quite stupid :)

If 2C-B was more readily available then I doubt many people would touch the likes of 2C-I, 2C-E and 2C-P. They lack in so many ways and just feel wrong IMO

Back on topic...

^ Hmm the way you put that doesn't exactly make me think more favourably of mesc. I mean a good comparison would be acid and shrooms. Shrooms cause way more nausea and they do feel "earthy" or "natural" sort of but in my experience that feeling is a lot dirtier than the chemical feel of LSD, and acid is definately more stimulating but I found neither that or 2C-B to be stimulating to the point it was very noticeable.

You're best bet is an alkaloid extraction. With a little know how you can get near pure mescaline. Trust me, swallowing 500mg of mescaline is a hell of a lot easier than trying to get down a foot or more of cactus

San Pedro Potency FAQ

LOL. i just got a mental image of some dude trying to deep throat a foot long cactus.8o

^ Hmm the way you put that doesn't exactly make me think more favourably of mesc. I mean a good comparison would be acid and shrooms. Shrooms cause way more nausea and they do feel "earthy" or "natural" sort of but in my experience that feeling is a lot dirtier than the chemical feel of LSD, and acid is definately more stimulating but I found neither that or 2C-B to be stimulating to the point it was very noticeable.

Forgive my lack of sobriety in this post...

Psilocybin is 'fairly' smooth on it's own if you can do an extraction. It's actually the other alkaloids contained in subs that make them so dark and evil. many other psilocybin mushrooms are no where near as crazy as the subs. Tryptamines aren't the smoothest psychs, period. They tend to smash your issues in your face and take you for a wild ride...

Phenethylamines are extremely smooth on the mind and body for the most part. High doses will be freaky but no where near as bad as mushrooms in general.

The comparison of LSD v Mushrooms is not the sort of difference I am trying to imply with 2C-B v Mescaline.

The differences are subtle (both are from the same family of drugs) and more noticeable when you have done multiple doses of many many different phenethylamines.

It is my belief that you would quite enjoy mescaline. You snorted 2C-B which would have blown your socks off. Mescaline is way less potent (oral 2C-B doses are roughly 16-25mg and mescaline roughly 300-500mg) and has to be taken orally for this reason.

You feel more nurtured by mescaline and 2C-B is also a great phenethylamine but it feels slightly chemical/man made with the associated head space and bit more stimulation.

All in all, phens are great and more people should use plant, fungi and cacti based drugs instead of all this test tube shit

Dunno if that makes much sense? :\

Haha nah I think we are on the same page. That is a pretty good explanation, definately keen to give the old cacti a crack. It is more laziness than anything that has caused me not to try it yet, I bet I still don't get onto it for a while but I will get there eventually. Probably when they cotton on and are about to ban it. :p

I definately think mescaline would be a fantastic psychedelic, in fact almost everything I have read about it would lead me to believe it could be my psych of choice, apart from the nausea and unpleasantness of consumption. I really don't like psilocybin mushrooms these days because they are SO nauseating and disorienting and I find the nausea in that confusing stage just does not make for a pleasant experience.

I have a lot of experience tripping and while I am nowhere near the most headstrong motherfucker out there I can handle my way through an unpleasant experience or two. Never had a "bad trip" but the last handful of times I used shrooms, if not more, it could only be described as a neutral experience and that was with me consciously avoiding discomfort. Body load really is a big con for me in regards to psychedelics.

thank you all for your informative replies!!
what I find interesting is the comparison to 2CB, I LOVE LOVE LOVE 2CB!!! how close is Mescaline to 2CB in terms of effects?
Thanks for the link and advice Psilo, how easy is the extraction? given that the only things ive extracted is tea from tea bags.....oh and ive boiled gold tops a few times

thank you all for your informative replies!!
what I find interesting is the comparison to 2CB, I LOVE LOVE LOVE 2CB!!! how close is Mescaline to 2CB in terms of effects?
Thanks for the link and advice Psilo, how easy is the extraction? given that the only things ive extracted is tea from tea bags.....oh and ive boiled gold tops a few times

There's different ways to extract it all over the net.
The easiest way just requires you to cut sections of the cactus and go from there without the use of any chemicals.
I'm pretty sure that way is also the roughest because of the amount of material you need to be ingesting

The answers to the Mescaline V 2C-B comparison are stated above

Don't be surprised, they are both from the same family of drugs, the phenethylamines

2C-B is bromo mescaline (4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine)

San Pedro extraction is a time consuming process mainly due to the time that it takes to prepare the cactus and dry it. See how you go with raw cactus and then look into extractions if you are not satisfied.

I bought a sandwich bag of dried, chopped San Pedro sections at a market stall in a Northern country. It was labeled as San Pedro Cactus and mentioned the gram weight though I don't remember the number. The vendor sent me to a smoothy shop right next door where they whipped it up in a mixed fruit/milk concoction. It tasted 'ok' but my gag reflex went into overdive about 10 minutes after consuming. I've had the same issue every time I've taken shrooms but managed to hold it downthis time... just.
All I can say is that the experience was similar to but more intense than shrooms. I had trouble dealing with the crowd and felt like I was on the edge of panic until finding a quiet place to chill under a tree in a nearby park where things settled down. The visuals were wildly dynamic and colour-saturated, and in a more controlled environment I would definately suffer the nausea for another shot.
For me there is no comparison with MDMA. The attending euphoria on MDMA lacks the full-on visuals of San Ped and empathy didn't really figure in my one San Ped experience. IMO, LSD has always seemed more contrived or 'industrial' in what it delivers (if that makes sense), whilst my shroom and San Ped experiences stuck me out there in the universe like that was where I belonged.
Whatever you choose to do, here's hoping you take away some positives from the experience.

^ You make it sound interesting and like something I definately want to try, it is the references to mescaline being colourful in the past that particularly interested me and the colourfulness of 2C-B is one part of the visual aspect that particularly impressed me.

It is shroom season at the minute, so I don't see myself going out and buying this before spring rolls around but this thread has definately increased my curiosity.

For me there is no comparison with MDMA. The attending euphoria on MDMA lacks the full-on visuals of San Ped and empathy didn't really figure in my one San Ped experience

MDMA doesn't compare with any of the true psychedelic's

It is a slightly hallucinogenic amphetamine. It's visual effects are very minimal at best (lights are brighter etc.)

^ That is entirely subjective though! I mean I would rather dose MDMA than any psych unless it was a psych I hadn't tried, but only because I always want to try new drugs. IMO psychedelics are probably the shittest class of drugs, that isn't to say I don't like them, but on a whole I find alcohol, benzo's, opiates, amphetamines, marijuana, etc. to be much more rewarding and fun to use.

^ That is entirely subjective though! I mean I would rather dose MDMA than any psych unless it was a psych I hadn't tried, but only because I always want to try new drugs. IMO psychedelics are probably the shittest class of drugs, that isn't to say I don't like them, but on a whole I find alcohol, benzo's, opiates, amphetamines, marijuana, etc. to be much more rewarding and fun to use.

Now that's crazy talk! :p
I love pondering the meaning of life and all that jazz while watching the floors and walls breathe