• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How do you smoke opium?

TheodoreRoosevelt

Bluelighter
How do you smoke opium?

I'd rather use available stuff, not an opium pipe or anything I couldn't get at a 7-11.

Every article on Bluelight doesn't give a straight answer, they are all "nah dude you dont have opium, its rare, bla blah blah, so therefore because its rare im not going to answer your question". I know opium is rare, and I'm not asking about if what I have is real. Just answer the damn question!

Can someone tell me how to smoke opium?

From what I've barely gathered through searching is to put it on tinfoil, let it run down at an angle as you apply indirect heat, and chase the dragon via straw.

All posts saying this though, were poorly written and no one else colloborated them in the same thread.

Thanks.

PS. I'm asking how to smoke opium, not how to smoke weed. I am not going to smoke weed either, so no "just add it to a bowl". I also know putting it on a bowl or bong is extremely inefficient as well.

If you have opium you are one lucky son of a bitch. The only way to smoke opium IMO is a traditional opium pipe. They are much easier to find than opium so you shouldn't have a problem.

In a pipe on a bed of ash - like in the pic below only with a blim of opium rather than a stone, of course. A bong would probably work just as well but probably a dry one without water and you still need the bed of ash cos opium melts when heated and it will just fall through otherwise. The tin foil method really doesn't work too well for opium, in my experience. Enjoy :)

NSFW:

lol i bet that pissed off the OP but unfortinantly it might not be that easy to find an opium pipe.
I mean realy Mr. president, you dont have enough time to just google opium pipe and read that wikipedia at least? ok i'll do that for you. according to wikipedia:
An opium pipe is a pipe designed for the vaporization and inhalation of opium. True opium pipes allow for the drug to be vaporized while being heated over a special oil lamp known as an opium lamp. It is thought that this manner of "smoking" opium began in the seventeenth century when a special pipe was developed that vaporized opium instead of burning it. [1]

The configuration of the typical opium pipe consists of a long stem, a ceramic pipe-bowl, and a metal fitting, known as the "saddle", through which the pipe-bowl plugs into the pipe-stem. The pipe-bowl must be detachable from the stem due to the necessity to remove the bowl and scrape its insides clean of opium ash after several pipes have been smoked. The stems of opium pipes were usually made from bamboo, but other materials were used such as ivory, silver and jade, to name a few. Pipe-bowls were typically some type of ceramic, including Yixing clay and blue and white porcelain. Sometimes opium pipe-bowls were carved from more valuable materials such as jade. [2]

Because of its design, the opium pipe needed an opium lamp in order to function. The lamp was as highly specialized as the pipe, and was designed to channel just the right amount of heat upon the pipe-bowl so that the opium would vaporize and allow the smoker to inhale the intoxicating vapors.

Due to opium eradication campaigns in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, genuine opium pipes are now extremely rare. [3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_pipe

So i'm not going to tell you how to smoke opium because that would be contributing to illegal behavior... but i will tell you this. from the article it can be extrapilated that one should not use direct flame on opium. so what other substances are consumed similarly to this? crack, and oxycontin both dont want direct contact with flame.
But the tinfoil method would be stupid to use on such an extremly rare material such as opium because of the amount of precious vapors that would be lost into your surroundings. so DONT USE TINFOIL!

I personaly like aroma therapy with essential oils that dont like direct contact with flame either. i find an oil burning pipe positioned over a candle works well to release aroma into my room.

It works fine in a crack pipe. But not those glass stems you use in America - the ones like in the pic I posted work the best, in my experience.

umm, that looks like you'd be burning the top rim of the water bottle creating plastic fumes. that doesnt sound that healthy but on the plus side it might get you high?
and FYI when i said an oil burning pipe i ment crack pipe, that is what us americans have to call them in head shops. but you have to make sure to get the THICK GLASS OIL BURNER.
and i'd use much smaller pieces at a time maybe break that chunk into 6 lil pieces, this will also help lessen the harshness of the come down.
and the best flame source is a candle for the smoking then get a torch lighter and turn it to ash then it flakes off and is clean again.

I'm sure a metal pipe would work too with a bit of steel wool in there as a screen. but if you dont have that i'm sure a little nug would work just the same.

i had a friend who disolved some in water then injected it into a cigarette and let it dry. it worked ok but it probably isnt to great in terms of smoke yielded.

lol i bet that pissed off the OP but unfortinantly it might not be that easy to find an opium pipe.
I mean realy Mr. president, you dont have enough time to just google opium pipe and read that wikipedia at least? ok i'll do that for you. according to wikipedia:
An opium pipe is a pipe designed for the vaporization and inhalation of opium. True opium pipes allow for the drug to be vaporized while being heated over a special oil lamp known as an opium lamp. It is thought that this manner of "smoking" opium began in the seventeenth century when a special pipe was developed that vaporized opium instead of burning it. [1]

The configuration of the typical opium pipe consists of a long stem, a ceramic pipe-bowl, and a metal fitting, known as the "saddle", through which the pipe-bowl plugs into the pipe-stem. The pipe-bowl must be detachable from the stem due to the necessity to remove the bowl and scrape its insides clean of opium ash after several pipes have been smoked. The stems of opium pipes were usually made from bamboo, but other materials were used such as ivory, silver and jade, to name a few. Pipe-bowls were typically some type of ceramic, including Yixing clay and blue and white porcelain. Sometimes opium pipe-bowls were carved from more valuable materials such as jade. [2]

Because of its design, the opium pipe needed an opium lamp in order to function. The lamp was as highly specialized as the pipe, and was designed to channel just the right amount of heat upon the pipe-bowl so that the opium would vaporize and allow the smoker to inhale the intoxicating vapors.

Due to opium eradication campaigns in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, genuine opium pipes are now extremely rare. [3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_pipe

So i'm not going to tell you how to smoke opium because that would be contributing to illegal behavior... but i will tell you this. from the article it can be extrapilated that one should not use direct flame on opium. so what other substances are consumed similarly to this? crack, and oxycontin both dont want direct contact with flame.
But the tinfoil method would be stupid to use on such an extremly rare material such as opium because of the amount of precious vapors that would be lost into your surroundings. so DONT USE TINFOIL!

I personaly like aroma therapy with essential oils that dont like direct contact with flame either. i find an oil burning pipe positioned over a candle works well to release aroma into my room.

Well I hate to disagree with wikipedia but I have seen opium pipes for sale at antique stores, a bonzai store, head shops, and concerts. Sure they aren't everywhere but they aren't impossible to find either. I just wish I could find some opium...

ive never smoked opium, but ive smoked shitloads of tar heroin and i think foil is probably the way to go. After a few hits youll get the technique down and wont miss any smoke. and even if you do miss some, opium isnt that powerful so it shouldnt make a difference.

If youre not sure how to use foil, just get a piece like three inches wide and 8 long, hold it with the dull side up and then use a lighter to burn all over the bottom to get all the nasty smoke off it. Then put a ball of opium at the top of the foil, tilt it down some-maybe a 45 degree angle, then hold the lighter underneath and catch the smoke with a straw. The thing most people dont get at first which makes them lose smoke is that you need to keep the straw like half an inch above the foil and an inch behind the blob as it runs. Also keep the lighter as far below the foil as you can while hitting it.

^ For whatever reason, tin foil just doesn't work very well with opium. Really needs a pipe of some description to get maximum effect from it. Total waste whenever I've smoked it off foil.

Stick a small piece the size of a match-stick top into the center of a bowl packed with weed. This had always been my favorite way to smoke O, either that or ashes as Shambles stated.

Hey man. I have smoked a lot of opium in my time, but only just this past February did I learn a technique that's really allowed me to efficiently conserve my stash by getting more out of it each time I smoke.

Another BLer above mentioned, very correctly, that one should try to avoid direct contact between flame and product. Flame can't pass through a typical pipe screen, but heat can; two screens is best. I use this method to smoke DMT when a meth pipe isn't at hand.

Place a screen in the bottom of a typical bowl used for smoking ganja. Place your opium, in the smallest shreds you can get it into practically (more surface area = less heat required to ignite it). Then place two screens, one on top of the other, on top of your opium. Hold the lighter above the bowl and inhale; the flame won't pass to the opium (which can destroy, very easily, the codeine and morphine inside) but the heat that does pass through will be sufficient to slowly melt the opium into a goo that essentially vaporizes. I have tried many, many methods of smoking O over the years and have found this to be the easiest AND most effective/efficient.

Remember, the hottest part of a standard Bic flame is in the area of 1977C or 3590.6F, and the boiling points and melting points of morphine:
Boiling Point:
254C (489F)
Melting Point:
195 - 200C (383 - 392F)

Hope this was what you were looking for and, if so, enjoy yourself! :)

~ vaya

Well I hate to disagree with wikipedia but I have seen opium pipes for sale at antique stores, a bonzai store, head shops, and concerts. Sure they aren't everywhere but they aren't impossible to find either. I just wish I could find some opium...

I seen opium pipes at antique stores too but they are rather expensive. the cheepest i've seen is maybe NO PRICES granted it was realy nice and pretty detailed.
How much would a good old opium pipe run you? what's bottom of the line and how much for a nice decent looking one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shambles: So you just make alot of small holes in the tin-foil, right?

and you hold the flame above the opium?

Just to make sure :)

Hey ppl hows it going??? I am going to thailand and laos in a few weeks and hope to smoke some o. I have been in2 opiates for years but on pharms, i was heavily in2 dihdrocodeine, how does this compare to the likes of o???

Never seen opium or even heard of anyone ever having it..Does it really make you hallucinate?

A regular pipe for smoking weed will work fine, with the bed of ashes that Shambles described. I only smoked opium twice in my life and yes it was the real deal, not tar heroin or worse yet, Dragon's Blood incense. My first try was in a pipe but it was heavily resinated so I think I inhaled a lot of THC as well, which IMO ruined the experience.
For my second experience I went and bought a NO PRICES metal pipe and a few screens. Two clean screens were placed in a clean bowl which was then packed with clean white ashes from the fireplace. Two pea-sized globs of opium were placed on top and toked like weed.
Beautiful experience, very simple to do, and no it does not make you hallucinate...if you smoke enough you kinda nod into pseudo-dreams, which is like hallucinating I guess.
Have fun you lucky motherf*cker. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
people used to sell that red rock Dragon's Blood incense shit as opium when i was a teenager in the early 90's..Not gonna lie I fell for it =(