R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Burning urinary tract after sex (male)

• Thread starter 22 year old male
  • Start date

22 year old male

I am a 22 year old male, STD-free. Almost always, there is a period of time after ejaculating (sex or masturbation) that my urinary tract burns. It feels like the burning sensation is located from the middle of the penis to the opening.

I've noticed that the intensity of the burn is greater with stronger orgasms than weaker ones. I've also notced that the burn disappears with time, but it disappears more quickly after I urinate a few times. Each successive urination soothes the burn further and further (feels good to pee).

It is this factor that makes me think the burn is caused by either leftover semen or a mixture of semen and urine that remains in my urinary tract after ejaculation, as if urinating 'rinses/flushes' it out and is therefore soothing.

How common is this problem in males? Do you think this ^guess is most likely the best explanation? Insights, please.

mods: sorry if this post looks like a duplicate: I posted the same topic a few days ago, but it seems to have vanished (I checked SLR, and HL thoroughly, and even used the BL search and google search using every combo of keywords I could think of, with no luck) I'll assume it's going to SLR.

Anonymous -> SLR

Apologies to the OP. It got overlooked by a wee glitch in our system. <3

Btw your suppose to Pee after Ejaculation anyhow... to clean things out so you do not get UTI

You probably have a urinary track infection... How long has this been going on?

This has happened to me several times, although not in a while...I know for a fact that I don't have a UTI...it seems to come and go (no pun intended). I think you're right on about it being a mixture leftover after ejaculation...I usually just stand and urinate until the burning stops. To be absolutely sure, you may want to ask your doctor. I highly doubt that you have anything to worry about though.

Dude you've just as likely got an STD, you won't know until you get tested. Also, having sex with the symptom you described is irresponsible. Even if it is a UTI, females are particularly susceptible to UTI's.

As long as you're sexually active you should get tested regularly anyway. I think this is normal; my penis is always sensitive shortly after ejaculation, including a slight burning sensation when I urinate. But again, it doesn't hurt to get tested.

Edit: I must have glazed over your post. If it burns right after ejaculating and feels better when you pee, see a doctor. Could be nothing or it could be a symptom of a disease, STI or no. Only a doctor can say for sure.

I saw in this movie that this dude experienced symptoms similar to yours.

In addition to the ALWAYS pee before & after sex salient suggestions offered earlier, the dude in the movie recommended this:

CYSTEX - Antibacterial & Analgesic (Available OTC in USA - 40 pills for approximately 8 or 9 bucks).

Might have just been product placement, but for some reason, I have a hunch that it just might help ease your discomfort.

Not saying he doesn't have an STD, but this would happen to me when I was younger before I was sexually active. The burning was short-lived and always went away within about 30 min. Getting tested is always a good idea though, so you probably should to ease your mind.

testing is free almost everywhere.

get tested every 3 months.

simple... free... easy...

everyone should do the same.

Even if it is a UTI, females are particularly susceptible to UTI's.

Urinary tract infections cannot be passed on to other people, beamers. Not all infections are contagious.

I'm willing to bet this is a UTI rather than a STI, OP. However, I would still have a STI screening from some sort of health services available in your area. As many have mentioned, there are free clinics nearly everywhere. However, if it is just a simple UTI, it can be treated at home with cranberry supplements and lots of water.

I have had this problem for about 10 years now. I've spoken to the doctor about and they say they don't what it is. I have had many STD checks and they are all clear.

it is a similiar problem to you. it happens sometimes after I ejaculate, but only happens a couple of times a month. I always try and piss after i come, because if I don;t there seems to be more chance of this happening. what I do if I feel it coming on (the burning) is chug a couple of bottles of water, and sit on the toilet and pee. after about 20 minutes it goes away, and urination seems to stop the stinging and makes it go away quicker. otherwise you can just ride it out, but it is uncomfortable.

no idea what it is, and have asked several different doctors. In your case, if you haven't had an STD check in a while it might be worth having just to rule that out.

I occasionally get a weird cold burning feeling. Like my urethra/penis was scrubbed raw, then slathered with Vicks vapour rub. (Horrible mental image there, apologies)

Mostly from solo action, but happens maybe 1/20 times I orgasm.

No idea what causes it, but when I was a kid I was told I had a slightly narrow urethra by a doctor after I had a burning sensation (I was 7 or 8 ). Maybe it's related.

However, if it is just a simple UTI, it can be treated at home with cranberry supplements and lots of water.

as a woman experienced with UTIs and kidney infections, i have always been told that as soon as you feel like you may have one it's best to see a doctor and once confirmed, take antibiotics. UTIs very easily and quickly develop into serious kidney infections if left untreated. cranberry supplements and lots of water are always helpful in prevention of course, but i think once you've developed an infection it's best to go to the doctor. (edit: though, i'm a chick so the course of action may be different for men.)

since the OP only experiences the burning sensation after ejaculating and not while urinating, leads me to doubt it's a bladder infection or STI. it could be a mild form of urethritis or bacterial prostatitis.

either way - if you're having discomfort it is not normal and you should definitely seek medical treatment.

Last edited:
Burning urinary tract after sex (male)

This is a response to the above-titled thread (http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=506101).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've tested free of STDs, so that's ruled out. I also think a urinary tract infection is unlikely as it only happens after ejaculation, never apart from it.

Here's something interesting: last time I ejaculated, I made sure to "squeeze out" thoroughly by trying to work any liquid out with my hand (like shaking out after peeing, only slower and more pressure). I can't say I felt any burning this time. I'm now leaning towards my guess about leftover semen and/or urine. Even if this is the problem, it doesn't solve the whole case because then I must ask what is causing so much fluid to be leftover.

At any rate, though, I will not see a doctor with no health insurance and financial struggling, as the problem is not that serious or life/death.

PsyTaco's post above is a perfect description of what you may be experiencing. i have experienced the same sort of thing ever since i can remember. and it's shitty because as soon as you cum that burning starts and IT BURNSBURNSBURNS!!! if what's ailing you is, in fact, the same thing as me, i can help you. here's the protocol:

1) after you ejaculate, get as much semen out of your penis as possible. start at your perineum and stroke your way up. go about 50% slower and 50% harder than you normally would. i do it until no more semen comes out.

2) hopefully, you can pee right away. even if it burns, when it comes to peeing, the sooner the better. if you don't have to pee, drink as much water as you can until you do have to pee.

3) now here's the secret! i think someone mentioned something like this earlier. there's a prescription cream (3% Lidocaine / 1% Hydrocortisone Acetate), usually used for Hemorrhoids, Burns, Cuts/Scraps. you get your hands on some of this stuff, right after you're done peeing and have dried off, you open your urethra and dab a pea size amount right in there. you don't have to push it down or rub it around or anything like that, just do it, and walk away. you'll be golden within a few moments.

i have done this many times since a friend shared this knowledge with me. it's mind-blowing-ly awesome how well it works. i'm not sure if it's the lidocaine or the hydrocortisone that does the magic. hopefully someone here has an idea. hope this helps!

with most medical issues here on bluelight which directly affect your health, we like to advocate the harm reduction system and advise to go see a doctor.

please see a doctor :)

yea bro i get the same shit it burns so bad i think its left over seamen i drink like 5 bottles of water and keep pissin till it goes away :!

yeah, I'm hardly an expert but that sounds a bit fishy.

that said however....a few times when I was younger that happened after I masturbated, and I promise, it wasn't an std ;)

What could be happening is that an infection of one kind or another has gotten into your bladder. In fact the description of the symptoms sound very much like those associated with recurrent cystitis (bladder infection)
I would suggest visiting a physician or a urologist for an exam. You could put it to him that you seem to have cystitis.

If he agrees with you he/she will give you antibiotics to help clear it up.

If it doesn't go away then it could be that the infection has lodged in your prostate.

If this is so, the best treatment is at least 6 weeks on cyproxine, and at least two litres of water every day. Many doctors also recommendation frequent masturbation (at least once a day) to ensure that the antibiotics get into your prostate.

Your remark about only burning after ejaculation suggests that the prostate is involved. Infected seminal fluid from the prostate is the cause.

Iv had this as well

Psytaco is right iv had this problem since I can remember and I just chug water and sit till it goes away its exactly te same symptoms as psytaco has had.

I have had this problem for about 10 years now. I've spoken to the doctor about and they say they don't what it is. I have had many STD checks and they are all clear.

it is a similiar problem to you. it happens sometimes after I ejaculate, but only happens a couple of times a month. I always try and piss after i come, because if I don;t there seems to be more chance of this happening. what I do if I feel it coming on (the burning) is chug a couple of bottles of water, and sit on the toilet and pee. after about 20 minutes it goes away, and urination seems to stop the stinging and makes it go away quicker. otherwise you can just ride it out, but it is uncomfortable.

no idea what it is, and have asked several different doctors. In your case, if you haven't had an STD check in a while it might be worth having just to rule that out.