Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

AMT second time - approx 45-50 mg at tool

nothinginside

Bluelighter
Well here's my second AMT experience. This was only, say, 2 and a half days after my first experience.. But the shrooms i was supposed to get for this concert fell through, and i couldn't smoke pot, and basically i just did it on a whim, which is not advisable.. anyways...
didn't fast much this time.. although i didn't have anything to eat that day.. oct 21st..
started preparing two doses of approx 60 mg each for my friend A and I.. he had never tripped AMT before so i went over the guidelines of what to expect, how long from ingestion you'll feel particular effects, warned of negatives, yada yada... anyways.. i had approx 120 mg give or take 10 millis.. probably take 10 millis.. Disolved it in one glass of water.. mixed it by pouring into another glass of water and back and fourth again... then when the mixture looked pretty much disolved (amt doesn't disolve well in water, esp freebase form, just floats around like sugar or salt), I poured the contents into two separate glasses.. we drank.. This was at approx 1:15 pm, same time as my last time.
t + 0 - ingestion.. initial anxiety having taken psychedelic chemical of course. A leaves while i hop in the shower to get some herb for the night.
t + :45 - out of shower, dress, can't seem to pick anything to wear.. normally this isn't a problem.. i don't even think about it.. for some reason i go through 3 sets of cloths before actually settling.. weird.. i guess my perception's already fucking up. A arrives back at my house, informs me of feeling nausious and having already puked.. knowing this i decide to self-induce puking, even though i had no nausea.. because i didn't want to be alot higher than him, since this is his first time on this substance.. wanna be 'with' him.. puking made me see stars.. i mean see like little electron things jumping about in wave-like patterns, changing from red to blue and back again... never had that before... this actually excited me, took it as an omen that it was going to be a visual trip
t + 2 - already starting to notice colors more.. patterns become more pronounced. A says he can close his eyes and see his own lightshow. Describes visuals as being gargoyle-like, and flowing with the music. I don't have closed-eyed visuals at this time... just notice alot of noise when i close my eyes.. like sparkles of color. all of the primaries... My ceiling has stucco half-spirals all over it and it was changing from light to dark and back again... noticed thing's looked less 'solid'. slight waving and breathing.
t+ 2:30 - start to get things together for concert.. make sure i have tickets.. good, now we go.. alternating between hot and cold.. not really seeing much as we drive to the high school to pick up my friend B, (2 yrs younger than me, been best friends since i was 4, he was 2).
t + 3:30 - finally leave town to go to the concert, with my friends A, B, and C.. C is sober and is driving. The ride up was fun.. Time has passed amazingly fast for A and I... but at this time we didn't give a fuck about anything.. we just played with the patterns in C's car the whole way up.. looked outside at the beautiful farms, and listened to the doors, we arrived at the place we were supposed to meet two friends at approx 5 pm.. about 4 hours into the experience..
at this time we just kinda waited around.. didn't do much of anything.. drank alot of cola, because that's my addiction.. A just got out of the car while we parked at a gas station and insisted on taking a walk.. normally i would but i chose not to this time.. just sat and had a discussion with my friend C.. B took a walk with him to make sure he was straight..
t + 5:30 : around 6:30 pm.. got tired of waiting on buddies D and E to arrive (coming from kentucky, 3 hour drive) so C drove out in the country to smoke a j.. I hit it once, because i kinda wanted to turn on the effects.. and of course.. it did.. wow.. the moon was out in full.. the night sky was clear as crystal.. music was perfect, (think it was 311, or the doors).. my friend, A, didn't speak much after this.. he just had a content smile. I guess i was the same..
t+ 6 - my friends D and E have arrived and called my cell from a pay phone.. we head back to the gas station that was preestablished as base... on the way back i thought i saw one of those purple haired simpson girls, you know the twins? it ended up being a barn.. I really saw the eyes and everything, purple hair.. I thought it was some billboard.. didn't even question why someone would do that.. weird thing is my friend C saw this to.
Got to the gas station, met up with friends, i got in their car, hadn't seen them in about 7 months so it was an awesome reunion.. I couldn't stop grinning.. but didn't tell them much.. cept that i was trippin, and i might be a bit goofy.. they're cool with it. Now finally heading to Indy for the concert.
t+ 7 - arrive inside the stadium for TOOL! missed the opening band because we got lost downtown.. heh... fun nonetheless.. i was just buggin out looking at the skyscrapers move with an unknown breeze the whole time. felt no paranoia to speak of..
t + 8 - Tool starts after about a half hour of sitting down making the rafters do crazy shit and looking at the crowd below morph into different wave patterns.. All I can say is... this was fucking heaven.. The backdrop already was cool enough to make you think you were seein shit, but on about 50 millis of amt and a little pot, it was perfectly perfect.. The whole concert went by in a flash.. I could find so many different rythms to bounce around to but most of the time i just sat there and tried to take it all in.. I can't even describe this experience from this point on.. Tool is so fucking awesome live.. with or without any additive.. We were sitting balcony level so the view was fucking crazy (for me and A esp.. trippin and all).. at times i'd zone out with the music then all the sudden the stadium would seem to expand and contract in an instant and make me jump outa my seat.. other times shit would move with the music..
the peak of the concert for me was "third eye".. they had a psychedelicisized timothy leary reciting his "think for yourself, question authority" on the big screen, and were just playing some awesome rythm on the drums and the guitar..
Meshuggah also joined tool like mid concert to play an instrumental.. two drummers.. like four guitars goin, and a keyboard i think.. fucking amazing is all i have to say.. the whole time all my friend A and i could do was move our heads about with our eyes shut.. so fucking intense..
t + 10 - go to steak and shake.. i get a coke.. chain-smoke.. A is still cracked out and smilin.. i feel like i'm comin down partially.. could be just cause i'm out of the concert and wish it was still goin on.. both our pupils are still full dilation.. after a couple of us eat we pay the bill and kick it home..
t + 12 - home to my house.. friends D and E stay over.. since they live further away.. they are to leave the next day.. we decide to smoke a blunt..
t + 13 - blunt rolled, start to smoke.. it's passed to me.. hit it, then dammit i fucking drop it, and it falls through the cracks of my deck.. after a slight panic and them scolding me (don't blame them.. i'm a dumbass, and it was some funk), i quickly devise a tool, heh, to get it out of that place.. (it's impossible to go underneith my deck.. and the cracks are like a centimeter and a half thick.)... i get a coathanger.. straighten, wrap some tape around it sticky side out at the bottom which is the hook shaped in an L now.. I grab the blunt, while my friend shines the light down so i can keep a visual on it..
It works.. The blunt sticks to the tape.. i bring it up towards the crack.. but i can't risk it falling if it gets snaged.. and my fingers can't reach between the cracks to get it.. so i run inside as my friend holds it there... and get some plyers to get it out..
hell yes.. now my friends can catch their buzz.. feel better.. fucked up but i fixed..
I take a couple hits with them.. not feeling any of the AMT except for a headache.. we sit outside and look at the moon and the stars for awhile.. talk about the night.. and various other thigns.. rambled on about some stuff.. caught up.. then head inside to watch some tv..
nothing on tv.. we head to bed..
conclusion.. overall this experience was better than my first time.. mainly because i had a partner in tripping and we went to that concert.. I noticed alot more visuals this time and actually did some introspection.. AMT is not really that kinda drug i'm just that kinda person.. and it kinda makes you sharper in ways while more dull in other ways.. although i can't put my finger on it yet.. more research is needed on this one..
one negative of AMT: the fucking headaches.. both times.. never fails.. always gettem.. not that bad though.. just annoying..
[ 23 October 2002: Message edited by: nothinginside ]

Tagged by Speed King
substancecode_amt
substancecode_empathogens
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
exptype_neutral
exptype_glowing
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent report.
The headaches are something I felt as well. Not too pleasant but not enough to ruin the experience.
Oh, and the Simpsons girls are named Sherri and Terri

Nice report! I have yet to experience this :\
Besides the headache, were there any other negative aspects coming down?

Thank you SOOO much for posting this. Tool is coming to town next week and I'm planning on a similar outing.

Great! Thanks for sharing.
I love Tool as well, I'm sure they put on quite a show that will make me trip whether I'm on anything or not :p