• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Macro Photography

Oh i love macro photography! I just recently got myself a DSLR with a EFS 18-55mm and EF 75-300mm lens, ill upload some pics in good time :)

I was debating getting the dual lens kit myself, but opted out. The larger-range zoom would be sweet, but I'd probably use a good macro lens a lot more.

I was debating getting the dual lens kit myself, but opted out. The larger-range zoom would be sweet, but I'd probably use a good macro lens a lot more.

Macro is amazing because it makes you notice the little things .. the things no one notices.

The possibilities are limitless especially if your into insects.
Throw down around $1200 you can get a a mind blowingly powerfull lense!
NSFW:
flybubblesec0.jpg

Wish I could afford a setup capable of these kinda of shots .... one day!

^ Some of those are insane, thanks oi! ... they inspired me.

I just need a cool $2000 and i'm sure I could snap some incredible images :(

.... One day.

Anyone got a spare two grand, pm me. :D

Frack man, I haven't got 2 kilodollars to blow on a lens, at least not until (if?) my photos start making me money. I was just thinking of this.

Sorry for polluting the thread with gear talk mods. On topic:

NSFW:

4757776762_89be139570.jpg

4757776240_d78e1d4442.jpg

4757775560_c3ab7c0401.jpg

Taken with my P&S, maybe two days after getting it. Not the best composed, but still not to bad.

Your third photo is damn nice dave, the lighting is wonderful. It adds so much interest to the rock.

Not bad at all for a PAS :)

Frack man, I haven't got 2 kilodollars to blow on a lens, at least not until (if?) my photos start making me money. I was just thinking of this.

Sorry for polluting the thread with gear talk mods. On topic:

NSFW:

4757776762_89be139570.jpg

4757776240_d78e1d4442.jpg

4757775560_c3ab7c0401.jpg

Taken with my P&S, maybe two days after getting it. Not the best composed, but still not to bad.

Lol ... wasn't sure if you were rich or not.

You can make money off your photos too ... http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8744817.stm

There are also other sites that do similar things ... I'm going to explore the subject further. Even if I sold one photo I would be over the moon to say the least.

After reading that article a second time i'm going to upload my best work on flickr this week.

Last edited:
the internets says there are two spiders in nz which are venomous - the katipo and the redback.

alasdair

The redback is Australian .... period. Any that have got here have only very recently got past our very strict quarintine .. like in the last 10 years at most. At school we were taught the Katipo and possibly a white tail are the ONLY venimous creature land we have.

Yeah the katipo is venomous BUT it's very, very rare and it's hardly fatal.

The katipo is particularly notable in New Zealand as the nation is almost entirely devoid of dangerous native wildlife. This unique status has led to the spider becoming well-known,[1] despite sightings being very rare.

The katipo is an endangered species and has recently become threatened with extinction.[11] It is estimated that there are only a few thousand katipo left in about 50 areas in the North Island and eight in the South Island.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katipo

But yeah you are kinda right although you have more chance winning Lotto than finding one.

250px-Latrodectus_katipo.jpg

I think it looks like a fucking mint spider.

Last edited:
The redback is Australian .... period. Any that have got here have only very recently got past our very strict quarintine .. like in the last 10 years at most. At school we were taught the Katipo and possibly a white tail are the ONLY venimous creature land we have.

Yeah the katipo is venomous BUT it's very, very rare and it's hardly fatal.
i'll agree to agree :)

alasdair

Hehe we should rename this the spider photography thread =D

you saw the thing in person. the perspective makes the first two leg pairs look like pincers...