• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Explain why it is wrong to snitch.

jackie jones

Bluelight Crew
We are of the new drug subculture. It is our job to represent it to the best of our ability. We cannot betray our sisters and brothers out of fear of losing our freedom. If that happens, we become what we are trying to destroy, and take down many good people in the process. The drug war has nothing to do with chemicals. It is fueled by hatred of vastly inaccurate stereotypes. We are winning this struggle. Each day, more people are turning on. We are in the process of a psychedelic revolution. Yes, we are winning by a damn sight, yet this is not reason to be incautious. Use your intuition, and stay strong.

This thread is about why it is wrong to turn out backs on our subculture by being a narc. What is your philosophy on the subject?

Let us refrain from violent cliches during this discussion. We are above that.

Peace, Love and Happiness, everyone <3

Edit:

Just to clarify, this is a drug related topic. I think we all know it is right to destroy sexual predators and/or murderers to the best of our ability, even if that means cooperating with the legal system..

Last edited:
I knew an undercover DEA agent (before he broke his cover) and he was the biggest scumbag drug addict I've ever seen. He'd do ridiculous amounts of coke and ketamine daily, and was a 40-something dude hanging out with all these 20-somethings. He wasn't the first older dude I hung out with so I didn't think much of him other than the fact that he talked way too much and was obviously full of shit "hey guys I used to be a millionaire, but I gave it all away to charity, now I'm trying to make money with these advertisements on the radio. Have you heard them?" Was one of the first things he said to us as he first appeared in our little group of druggies.
It's wrong to be like that person, just because he is such an incredible douche bag, even before I knew he was an undercover.
Then the fact that the person who was supplying his massive addiction to Ketamine got busted and this guy basically threw the book at him, charging him with everything he could.
Meanwhile this guy gets to live out his dream as a drug addict with complete impunity.
All he did was take a goofy psychonaut friend of mine who just happened to have a good psychedelic connection and put him behind bars. Ruined the life of a young, harmless, thrill seeker just so he could seek his own.
The law may be on his side, but morality sure as hell isn't.

It's not about culture or counter culture for me. I wouldn't betray someone by informing on them just to get less of a sentance. It's that simple.

If i had information about a murder i would go to the police. I wouldn't worry about snitching.

I'd only support 'snitching' if the person being accused of said crimes is putting people in harms way (i.e. dangerous cuts, instigating killing, etc...).

Otherwise your business is your business.

I'm not sure I understand the question correctly. If you are talking about drug related crimes only then it is wrong because there is no reason not to break those laws if you arent going to get caught. If you are talking about crimes relating to violence against people then it is never wrong.

I recently was working with a group of people who considered that it was always wrong to go to the police. This situation is entirely fucked up in that it enables predators and their minions to perpetrate hideous crimes and then guilt the victims out of reporting them.

That said natural justice can be a heap more effective than the law at times...

"Snitching" ain't really a matter of "right vs wrong".

It's more like, if you snitch on a dealer, then there's a possibility that you will get hurt. Also, if other folks find out about it, you will be sorta "black-listed" in the drug community (ie, nobody will sell to you).

It's wrong because it just as easily could have been the other guy who was caught committing the victimless crime, and is now setting YOU up to take the fall, so that he can get a lighter sentence. See where this is going? Snitching is wrong because is breaks bonds of trust and destroys communities of drug users, who abide in the shadows and exist only by virtue of avoiding notice.

If I invite someone over to my house to talk about, look at, use, and/or trade drugs, I do so trusting that he will not simply call the police and report me for illegal activity. Which he very well could, and in some people's opinion, he has a civic duty to do. But we have a gentleman's agreement that he will not fuck me over. Once someone can not be assumed upon to honor and uphold this gentleman's agreement, what drug user would want to associate with him or tell him anything sensitive?

This reminds me very much of, and I think is part of the same phenomenon as, the codes of secrecy that bound groups with spiritual visions heretical to the Roman Catholic Church during much of Western Civilization. It's a code of conduct. It's a 'people who live in glass houses' type of situation -- a meeting of people whose lives are all delicate bubbles, and who therefore see that they cannot meet and function as a cohesive group unless they all agree not to pop each other's bubbles, under any circumstances.

Just to add, there have been definitely been arguments made for betrayal being the most unethical act one can possibly commit, because it's so flagrant an abuse of the system of trust and self-disclosure which forms the basis of interpersonal bonding and community building.

It's not "wrong."

It's just another subjectively viewed action. Ask people in an anti-drug forum why snitching is good.

Personal opinion:
If you snitch, you're not my friend and you're not a client of mine.

"Snitching" ain't really a matter of "right vs wrong".

It's more like, if you snitch on a dealer, then there's a possibility that you will get hurt. Also, if other folks find out about it, you will be sorta "black-listed" in the drug community (ie, nobody will sell to you).

Beat me to the punch ><

It's not "wrong."

It's just another subjectively viewed action. Ask people in an anti-drug forum why snitching is good.

Exactly. There is no "right" and "wrong" really other than opinion.

Would it be "wrong" for me? Hell yes. No way would I snitch on anyone.

There is a war on drugs which automatically makes drug users and "the state" enemies. Narcing on a dealer or another user is akin to an American soldier giving intelligence information to the Taliban. It totally crosses the line. The only time I think narcing can be justified is if the dealer is selling a deadly cut, or has threatened you or your friends/family.

Just to add, there have been definitely been arguments made for betrayal being the most unethical act one can possibly commit, because it's so flagrant an abuse of the system of trust and self-disclosure which forms the basis of interpersonal bonding and community building.

In fact Dante put them in the deepest circle of hell being knawed eternally by Satan himself.

But often times snitches pay the price pretty quick.

^ And as Dante hinted at, pretty hard too. I've heard stories of gangs and criminal syndicates who reserve their most painful death-by-torture rituals for snitches from within.

^ And as Dante hinted at, pretty hard too. I've heard stories of gangs and criminal syndicates who reserve their most painful death-by-torture rituals for snitches from within.

Do you think a lot of the gruesome pictures from Mexico showing decapitated and tortured corpses belong to snitches from the cartels? Or are they mainly reserving this punishment for rival cartel members?

^ Little of both, but since the cutthroat competition for big easy money is the root of the issue, I'm sure it's largely the latter. I wouldn't want to be a dealer caught selling on or transporting through some other drug lord's turf OR an informer to the cops in Mexico -- I'd guess drug bosses there take great joy in butchering either one.

^ Little of both, but since the cutthroat competition for big easy money is the root of the issue, I'm sure it's largely the latter. I wouldn't want to be a dealer caught selling on or transporting through some other drug lord's turf OR an informer to the cops in Mexico -- I'd guess drug bosses there take great joy in butchering either one.

I cannot even imagine what they do to informers. For the life of me, I could not think of one scenario that would make me think it would be a good idea to snitch on a ruthless cartel. I am sure there are all kinds of reasons and situations I am unaware of, but seriously, that is a risk I would never, ever, be willing to take.