Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

4-methylaminorex (4-MAR)

slipknot1

Bluelighter
what do you people know about aminorex? apparently sold as ice in america and schedule 1 narcotic...

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you please provide a link and maybe elaborate a little more?

Otherwise I will be forced to close this thread

4-methylaminorex you mean?

4-MAR is the true ice. only had the pleasure of doing it a few times.

yeah, 4-MAR is the original "ice". Not a bad drug.

You'd be lucky to find it in Aus though.

Ive came/come across it pretty often. Meth is alot better. Lacks the euphoria and it doesnt feel as good when smoked. IMO meth hcl shits over 4-mar. U can really notice the difference. Then again i prefer amphetamine suplhate over all amphetamines.

4-methylaminorex you mean?

4-MAR is the true ice. only had the pleasure of doing it a few times.

How did it smoke man? and how was the feeling of it?

I actually only found out about this the other day it's very interesting

I dunno, I keep hearing about how much better than meth it is, but this is always from people who've never tried it. Never seen someone say 'yeah I smoked 4-MAR and it blew meth out of the water.'

lol apparently people study off this stuff and analyze things too much, we will never see it here law enforcement got onto it ages ago damn

It's a different high to meth. More relaxed. Not so pushy and stimulating. It lasts a freaking long time though. A bit too long sometimes. Keeping in mind I've only ever had it orally, never smoked.

4-MAR used to be called ice before methamphetamine did. 4-MAR just dropped out of popularity and the term ice wasn't used for it anymore. With the explosion of Methamphetamine in the 80's the term ice became synonymous with Methamphetamine.

Sustanon - wtf are you tripping on. 4-MAR is far more euphoric than meth, hence it's other nickname "U4IUH"

The only sure fire way to tell for sure that it is what you have, is by using a marquis reagent, noticing the obvious orange colour change for meth, and the bubbling with no colour change for 4-MAR.

It was around a bit in 2005/2006.

Sustanon - wtf are you tripping on. 4-MAR is far more euphoric than meth, hence it's other nickname "U4IUH"

That's what have always thought. Granted I've never tried 4-MAR (I have used/abused Meth), the posts claiming it was less euphoric confused me.

Perhaps there is confusion between Aminorex and 4-Methylaminorex. Wikipedia states that Aminorex has "locomotor stimulant effects, lying midway between dextroamphetamine and methamphetamine" while 4-Methylaminorex has "effects comparable to methamphetamine but with a much longer duration."

I don't know anything about these differences, perhaps someone more knowledgeable could enlighten us.

Yeah, i'll also state that 4-methylaminorex isn't listed as a controlled import in this country, but Aminorex is. So it is thus considered analoguous to Aminorex, and is a prohibited import based on the Federal Analogue Act. (just incase anyone was getting ambitious)

Interesting. I always assumed that 4-MAR would most certainly be on the prohibited imports.. I guess why double up if the analogue clause covers it... Anyway, you would have to be insane to import it. I imagine that Customs/AFP would it's Meth and come down hard.

Not really, seeing as presumptuous tests wouldn't provide an obvious reaction for the substance. They would assume it was meth, test it, and get a non-positive reaction for meth. Dependant upon the declaration etc, it might be let through - I'd assume this was how it was getting in back when i was taking it.

Yeah, you're right. My bad.

I've seen them test stuff on Border Security and from what I gathered they only test for the major scheduled drugs (MDMA, Cocaine, Meth, Heroin etc). Although just because I've never seen them come across another substance on the show doesn't mean that customs can't test for it.

^It all just depends on how suspicious the parcel is.

If it doesn't reagent test as an illicit substance, and the declaration matches up with paperwork and the supposed substance inside (assuming the package was pulled for testing in the first place) they have no reason to test it further or waste money on it.

The whole game is money - both for LE and Those who go against them.

Simple logic far outdoes itself here, just take into consideration what is actually 'worth it' and what isn't.

I know this is off-topic from the original thread but... How do they decide what parcels to investigate? On Border Security they put them through x-ray type machines that show them if there are any organic substances inside. If they notice anything they pull it and open it up. Surely they can't scan every single package, parcel or envelope entering the country!

I know this is off-topic from the original thread but... How do they decide what parcels to investigate? On Border Security they put them through x-ray type machines that show them if there are any organic substances inside. If they notice anything they pull it and open it up. Surely they can't scan every single package, parcel or envelope entering the country!

Yeah its a bit de-railed, but this is the run-down on it.

Generally, items are flagged based on where they come from, or pre-organized intelligence. From time to time, from high risk countries, a whole shipment of stuff in air consignments will be pulled and ran over by a sniffer dog, then based on parcels that get a positive detection by the dog, those will be then X-rayed by a small team of guys (4-6 people run the little shops where this takes place).

Lets give this as an example; a plane load of stuff comes in from columbia - there is intelligence to suggest two things: a) columbia is a high risk port of exit for drugs. and b) that someone has given information that on X# flight, 2kg of cocaine is going to be present.

Initial checks show nothing of suspicion, swabs of parcels also show nothing. A cocaine sniffer dog is brought in to run over the load. Some form of tool is found in a parcel, that received a positive detction by the sniffer dog. The tool, lets say a grinding wheel - shows as having organic matter present INSIDE it, and presents some fairly obvious stress fractures on it etc...

Okay, the situation thus far is this. They have a high risk container load of random stuff, One parcel received a positive for cocaine from a dog, but the parcel was clear upon being swabbed and Ion scanned. The parcel contained the tool - which upon xray shows something consealed inside.

What happens next: They drill the package, and then use a presumptuous test on it, beleiving it is cocaine, they first test for cocaine. Two things could happen.

Test is positive:
Parcel is labeled a hazard, and shipped off to AFP for investigation.

Test is negative:
Further testing with Marquis and other reagents takes place pending reaction from those, the substance inside could be chalk for all its worth - and a risk determination or subsequent investigation/release of the parcel takes place.

Thats the long story. It's a much shorter process for the obvious bulk powders coming through with Mephedrone and Meth etc. But the high end cartel busts go down like that.

Thanks for that, I imagined the process was something like that. I think most of your average Joes would be suprised how unprotected their borders really are. When I was younger I used to think that drugs arrived in the dead of night on some isolated beach, or an airstrip out in the middle of nowhere.. Clearly Hollywood got the better of me.